Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Jet Chevrolet in Federal Way...Yea or Nay?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 02:03 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Default Jet Chevrolet in Federal Way...Yea or Nay?

Can anyone recommend Jet Chevrolet in Federal Way for routine servicing? I've been going to Sunset in Sumner for years because they have a Corvette guy on their staff and I pass right by Jet on my way there.

Anybody have experience with Jet Chevy service department? I'd like to hear from you...
Old 10-03-2016, 07:20 PM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ExRedRacer
Can anyone recommend Jet Chevrolet in Federal Way for routine servicing? I've been going to Sunset in Sumner for years because they have a Corvette guy on their staff and I pass right by Jet on my way there.

Anybody have experience with Jet Chevy service department? I'd like to hear from you...
Can't speak to their service team but their sales team lost a sale through ignorance and belligerent behavior.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:53 PM
stevezZ06
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Jet Chevrolet is terrible!
I would recommend Corvettes of Auburn. Ask for Dan.................
Old 10-03-2016, 08:54 PM
stevezZ06
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

I would recommend Corvettes of Auburn. Ask for Dan.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:53 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Originally Posted by NW94Z
Can't speak to their service team but their sales team lost a sale through ignorance and belligerent behavior.
Exactly.

Just before I bought my Vette from Dwayne Lane in Arlington, I approached the Jet sales manager about their absolute best price on a Long Beach Red '16 2LT. Said he would go 'crunch' some numbers and see what he could do. After about a half hour, he came back out and quoted the same price that was on the sticker, which I don't think they thought I saw as it was tossed in the back of the car face down.

When he told me his best price, I laughed and walked away because I knew that the East Coast dealers were selling the same thing for at least 10-12k cheaper being that it was almost at the end of the model year.

Soon after, I found my car in Arlington. I challenged them to match the big dealers, and not only did they match them, they beat them. It was an offer I couldn't refuse. Shortly after, I emailed the guy at Jet with a selfie of me and my new Vette and said how much I wished I could have done business with them but apparently I wasn't taken seriously. He made up some story about how busy they were and didn't fully research getting to a better price.

Oh well.

If their service dept. is like their sales staff, I'm not going there. But I thought some of you might be able to recommend them from your previous experience. I know about Corvettes of Auburn as I've been there many times. Looking for a place to do warranty work...the airbag recall on '14 to '16 Corvettes.

Last edited by ExRedRacer; 10-05-2016 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:16 PM
HDLARRY
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

I've had my previous C6Z and new C7Z worked on at Jet Chevrolet a total of five times for minor service and warranty work. They have treated me great up to this point. My car is there right now getting the second oil change. Until they do something to annoy me I'll keep on going to them while my car is under the factory warranty. I prefer to do business with them because they are the closest to me. If I ever feel the need to go someplace else, I have 4 more Chevrolet dealers within 10 miles of me to choose from.

Having never needed any major work done at Jet I can't really comment on that type of service.

Unfortunately I wish I could say the same for the salesman at Jet that I dealt with about 18 months ago. I won't go into detail but I felt very uncomfortable with the salesman on a special order C7Z that I wanted. I ended up buying out of State and getting exactly what I wanted for a fare price on both the car and my trade.
The following users liked this post:
ExRedRacer (10-04-2016)
Old 10-05-2016, 10:55 AM
JRE-C6
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Stick with Sunset...

Jim
Old 10-05-2016, 11:07 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Originally Posted by JRE-C6
Stick with Sunset...

Jim
I'm leaning in that direction...
Old 10-07-2016, 03:08 PM
Crabr1
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

But Jet Chevrolet corvettes are way better than a vette from other dealers,that why you pay a lot more from them. well that's what they think anyway,I talked to them ONE time,won't ever buy anything from them.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:51 PM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Exactly.

Just before I bought my Vette from Dwayne Lane in Arlington, I approached the Jet sales manager about their absolute best price on a Long Beach Red '16 2LT. Said he would go 'crunch' some numbers and see what he could do. After about a half hour, he came back out and quoted the same price that was on the sticker, which I don't think they thought I saw as it was tossed in the back of the car face down.

When he told me his best price, I laughed and walked away because I knew that the East Coast dealers were selling the same thing for at least 10-12k cheaper being that it was almost at the end of the model year.

Soon after, I found my car in Arlington. I challenged them to match the big dealers, and not only did they match them, they beat them. It was an offer I couldn't refuse. Shortly after, I emailed the guy at Jet with a selfie of me and my new Vette and said how much I wished I could have done business with them but apparently I wasn't taken seriously. He made up some story about how busy they were and didn't fully research getting to a better price.

Oh well.

If their service dept. is like their sales staff, I'm not going there. But I thought some of you might be able to recommend them from your previous experience. I know about Corvettes of Auburn as I've been there many times. Looking for a place to do warranty work...the airbag recall on '14 to '16 Corvettes.

You got further than we did with the sales team.

We were looking at a beautiful Dusk edition 5th gen and couldn't even get the keys to have a closer look. They had the gall to suggest a 4 cylinder Malibu was better decision for us. Our job is to pick out the car we like and their job is to sell it to us. Simple really.

After picking up the Caddie From Doug's in Lynwood for 40% more than the 5th gen would have cost I suggested we make a trip down to Jet and thank them for doing us a favor not selling us the 5th gen. It allowed us to step into a nicer car that came with better customer service.

Get notified of new replies

To Jet Chevrolet in Federal Way...Yea or Nay?

Quick Reply: Jet Chevrolet in Federal Way...Yea or Nay?