Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Moving From The Woodlands TX To Bandon OR.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 11:01 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Moving From The Woodlands TX To Bandon OR.

All,

I will be moving in a month and was wondering how hard it would be to register my car in Oregon. As per my "Upgrades" list found in my pics folder in my profile, I have heads / cam / headers / ect. I would like to be able to register and keep my 07 Vet, due to all the time and money that I put in to it. Also, does anyone have any recommendations on auto movers for shipping from Texas to Oregon.

Thank You For Your Time,

Pete

Last edited by Gering; 10-11-2016 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:50 AM
SmileyOr
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Until others with personal experience come along and answer I can tell you have have 2 friends that have changed engines and have blowers on them and are putting out 600 and 750 RWH. They are both getting licensed in Portland. What I don't know is what, if anything, they are doing before going to DEQ every other year.

Bandon may not even be as strict as most outer lying areas do not have the same DEQ requirements as the big cities.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:44 PM
Rogue C6
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gering
All,

I will be moving in a month and was wondering how hard it would be to register my car in Oregon. As per my "Upgrades" list found in my pics folder in my profile, I have heads / cam / headers / ect. I would like to be able to register and keep my 07 Vet, due to all the time and money that I put in to it. Also, does anyone have any recommendations on auto movers for shipping from Texas to Oregon.

Thank You For Your Time,

Pete
Originally Posted by SmileyOr
Until others with personal experience come along and answer I can tell you have have 2 friends that have changed engines and have blowers on them and are putting out 600 and 750 RWH. They are both getting licensed in Portland. What I don't know is what, if anything, they are doing before going to DEQ every other year.

Bandon may not even be as strict as most outer lying areas do not have the same DEQ requirements as the big cities.
Outside of the Portland Metro area we have no emissions tests. No inspections. You should be ok. There are plenty of heavily modded cars here.

You are lucky, Bandon is a very cool little town on the coast. I love it there! I also lived in Spring Texas for a while.

One other thing.. At DMV, all you will have to do is a visual VIN inspection. I just bought a 2010 GS vert from Las Vegas.

Last edited by Rogue C6; 10-12-2016 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:10 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

SmileyOr: Thank you for the info Sir.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:12 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Rogue C6
Outside of the Portland Metro area we have no emissions tests. No inspections. You should be ok. There are plenty of heavily modded cars here.

You are lucky, Bandon is a very cool little town on the coast. I love it there! I also lived in Spring Texas for a while.

One other thing.. At DMV, all you will have to do is a visual VIN inspection. I just bought a 2010 GS vert from Las Vegas.
Thank you Sir for the info, I am happy that my Vet will move with me, it has been a great DD.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:30 PM
Rogue C6
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gering
Thank you Sir for the info, I am happy that my Vet will move with me, it has been a great DD.
You are welcome! I hope you have a safe trip. Let me know when you settle in. I get down that way once in a while.

When you have a chance try:
http://www.langloismarket.com/

Get notified of new replies

To Moving From The Woodlands TX To Bandon OR.

Quick Reply: Moving From The Woodlands TX To Bandon OR.