Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Yet, another new model?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 04:53 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Yet, another new model?

Here you go Walter. Yet another new Corvette model on the horizon for you to consider. Yes, I know a ZR-1 is not a new model, but rumor has it that this one will have the engine in the passenger's seat.

No need to thank me for this "scoop"

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/ru...501EE32F6F5329
Old 10-19-2016, 12:09 AM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

It actually looks pretty cool in my opinion. When I buy a Corvette in the future, something that's going to be extremely quick on a road course/track will definitely be my top pick. Looks like this will be at the top of that list.

It's good Chevy is building this "ZR1" or "Z06X" because the new Ford GT is on its way, Porsche has been caught testing a 991 "GT2/GT2 RS" and Lamborghini has been spied testing a "Huracan Performante" that guys with insider information are saying is going to shock a lot of people performance wise.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:02 AM
HeyDanNiceShot
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

I've driven a Huracan and it's already a shock. The convertible sucks, but the hardtop is one of the best cars I've ever driven. I'm definitely going to snag that ZR-1 wing and whatever it takes to put it on the Z06 when it's available!
The following users liked this post:
four0nefive (10-19-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 07:29 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Ah, you high performance guys. Good on ya' Mates. It's truly encouraging to see the enthusiasm alive and well. Clearly the people in Bowling Green are not sitting still.

But I can't help but wonder if the newer Corvette models, like the ZR-1 or the ZO6 for that matter are drawing sales away from the (arguably) more exotic marques? I wonder if anyone is trying to decide on a Ford GT or the new Acura NSX in lieu of the new Corvette hi-po models? Any new Corvette for that matter.

None of my Porsche friends (hardly a statistically valid sample) seems to be considering a Corvette. Even though some 911s are priced at over $200K.Even the Cayman GTS I looked at a couple weeks ago was $95K.

Now, admittedly, the local market may not be a good indicator of the demand at large, but I suppose the question is - and this is a forum, right? - Is Corvette competing with the exotics in the market place or are they competing with themselves?By that I mean, are those die-hard Corvette buyers trying to figure out if they should buy a ZO6, a GS or the new ZR-1 instead of say, a 3LT. Or are they going to lave the fold and buy something else?

Just curious.
four0nefive (10-19-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 09:03 PM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,683 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

^Interesting points. I agree that it may not pull Porsche, Lambo, et al. buyers away, but I think it will keep vette owners who might otherwise leave. So it's not really competing with other vettes but retaining what they already have.
four0nefive (10-19-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 10:18 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
Ah, you high performance guys. Good on ya' Mates. It's truly encouraging to see the enthusiasm alive and well. Clearly the people in Bowling Green are not sitting still.

But I can't help but wonder if the newer Corvette models, like the ZR-1 or the ZO6 for that matter are drawing sales away from the (arguably) more exotic marques? I wonder if anyone is trying to decide on a Ford GT or the new Acura NSX in lieu of the new Corvette hi-po models? Any new Corvette for that matter.

None of my Porsche friends (hardly a statistically valid sample) seems to be considering a Corvette. Even though some 911s are priced at over $200K.Even the Cayman GTS I looked at a couple weeks ago was $95K.

Now, admittedly, the local market may not be a good indicator of the demand at large, but I suppose the question is - and this is a forum, right? - Is Corvette competing with the exotics in the market place or are they competing with themselves?By that I mean, are those die-hard Corvette buyers trying to figure out if they should buy a ZO6, a GS or the new ZR-1 instead of say, a 3LT. Or are they going to lave the fold and buy something else?

Just curious.
I think there's a definite overlap between the GS, Z06, and the future ZR1. Heck, there's been quite a few threads over the last few weeks with people trying to decide what they want between the GS and Z06. I can't imagine it being easier when the ZR1 is released.

Regarding Chevy taking sales away from Acura, Ford, etc. I don't think Chevy will draw a huge amount of sales away from any of those super cars at all. It's more a comparison deal. I don't think there's much doubt that this new high performance Corvette will be compared to all of these higher performance variants of super cars coming out. The Z06 is already a great performer (in my opinion at least) so if the Corvette can go out there with something even faster, it will help draw more positive attention towards them.

Interestingly, I was reading on Rennlist a few weeks ago and there was a thread about the C7Z. Quite a few of the guys said the Z06 is actually a great bang for the buck and that it's nice that the car is available with manual transmission.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:03 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 919cw313
^Interesting points. I agree that it may not pull Porsche, Lambo, et al. buyers away, but I think it will keep vette owners who might otherwise leave. So it's not really competing with other vettes but retaining what they already have.
Yes, you're right. I suppose if one were to trade in or sell a Corvette in order to buy a new one, then, yes, I agree. I think I would likely put myself in that same category if I was considering something to replace my C6.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:02 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Does that WRX rear spoiler have an RPO?

Get notified of new replies

To Yet, another new model?

Quick Reply: Yet, another new model?