Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Spent a Day With Some Porsches

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 09:24 AM
Kamran
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by JETninja
I love both Ducati and MV......if i ever get another bike it'll probably be a 1098/1198 or possibly the 1299.......
1299 Panigale? Hop on the bus to the place:
Attached Images   

Last edited by Kamran; 12-29-2016 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:23 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Kamran
The car with the guy dragging knee is actually not me. About ten/fifteen years ago, when knee dragging got pupolar, lots of photoshops started showing up on the internet with guys dragging knees while driving cars. Of course, for all we know, the car could be standing still! The other pictures are me though.

Very nice Classic. Such a great bike for the city and group rides. I rode one and loved it. Those bikes have been skyrocketing in price, especially the Paul Smarts, beautiful color. Looks like your S4R is pretty carbon'd out. A very clean example and a fast bike that needs a steering damper for as much torque/acceleration it has. I almost bought an MH900e, but the two gal tank capacity (incl reserve) was what turned me off! I am not sure even if you can make it from one gas station to the next! It's worth more the twice its MSRP now.

I also toured the factory. That's when I realized the "Italian Passion" is just a hype! After talking to the tour guide and others, I found out Ducati had laid off many of their full time staff and rehired them as contract staff so they don't have to pay them benefits or let them buy the bikes for 20% off MSRP! That's when I realized it's just business, doesn't matter if it's in the US or in Italy, it's just business!

The new owner Howard Crow, also a Ducati racer, and a Microsoft exec, went on a bike shop buying spree and later bought Bellevue Ducati, Seattle BMW. Not sure who owns the newly opened Redmond Ducati (may be Howard?). Howard is a really nice guy, but came under a lot of attack by some local owners for letting Dave go. Dave now owns Seattle Used Bikes, and frequents Backfire Moto events in Ballard.

Last but not least, you had to torture me with that red beauty, didn't you! But it looks like your wife is challenging you for a race? So great to have wife who appreciates a little fun on the side. Looks like you have your fair share of toys!

As far as getting off topic, unless fouronefive comes up with more Porsche pictures, we are going to take over for now!
Never met Howard. I was gone before he bought the store. I stop by to see Dave once in a awhile. In fact I was going to let him sell my Triumph Thruxton until I sold it myself. I was riding so seldom that my skills were getting rusty and thought I'd hurt myself if I kept it up. Can't say I don't miss it. Still keep my endorsement up to date and have my helmet and leathers. I can use the helmet for the boats anyway.

Yes, agree that fouronefive is good at sharing his work. He's getting pretty good at it too.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:42 AM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
Yes, agree that fouronefive is good at sharing his work. He's getting pretty good at it too.
Thanks man! I love seeing the improvement in my work as well!

Quick Reply: Spent a Day With Some Porsches