Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

New to Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 10:15 PM
700HP+
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default New to Seattle

Hello! Moved to Seattle this year and loving the PNW. Own a 2010 ZR1 which I've added a few mods and a 2017 Audi TTS. Cheers!
Old 12-25-2016, 10:50 PM
keeso6z
Burning Brakes

Received 95 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by 700HP+
Hello! Moved to Seattle this year and loving the PNW. Own a 2010 ZR1 which I've added a few mods and a 2017 Audi TTS. Cheers!
Man, I'm envious. I want a ZR1 badly and always wanted to live in Seattle because of love the outdoors and hiking in the mountains. I have to settle for a C6 Z06 and live in Dallas. Oh well, it could be worse I guess. I have heard that the months of gloomy winter weather is the negative for Seattle. We have had about three weeks of that here and it sucks. But the summers in Seattle are just spectacular. And you have some great roads up there to get out of the city and enjoy the car on. Were there are mountains, there are curves - enjoy!
Old 12-26-2016, 01:41 AM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Welcome. Odds are any advice you may be looking for can be found here.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:39 AM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

Welcome! I'm sure we'll be planning some drives and gatherings in the coming year so check in from time-to-time.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:17 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Oregon is also a beautiful area. I love driving the Columbia Gorge. It has lots of curves and the views are unbelievable We lived in Maui for 10yrs until my husband was transferred by his job. It took him 3mo to get me to even come and look. He found me a home on the Willamette River and when he took me for a drive on the Gorge,I said "OK this is almost as beautiful as Maui!!" It has been almost 20yrs and I am still happy. Plus we belong to 2 Corvette Clubs and the members are so friendly and outgoing!!!
Old 12-26-2016, 05:15 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Welcome. I'd like to get a Leavenworth drive going again this Summer. And lots of cool events like Exotics at Redmond Town Center starts up in April on every sunny Saturday, Corvette show at XXX Rootbeer in Issaquah in the Summer. Downtown Seattle has a yearly show that covers several miles of some street I forget the name of.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:59 PM
stevezZ06
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

It would be nice if you could plan a beginning of summer beer run to Leavenworth and a September run. I think that would be awesome. Great way to meet people to start a fun summer of BBQs and other outings!
Old 12-26-2016, 11:03 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Turn out has gotten smaller the last couple years so it was skipped all together for 2016. I think one event to Leavenworth would be enough, hopefully we can get a decent crowd going again..
Old 12-26-2016, 11:13 PM
stevezZ06
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

I was saying twice because some can't make it at the end of summer and I happen to miss most car shows because of work on Saturdays and thought two cruise's would be great for those that could pick either one to attend or both if their schedule works
Old 12-27-2016, 12:22 PM
00Midnight
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Welcome to the area. Lots of knowledgeable enthusiasts here. Looking forward to meeting one day... I like John's suggestion of a Leavenworth run. Or locally we could start a meet up at BBB in Sammamish? (for non-locals....BBB = Big Block Brewing). John and Michelle (owners) are great car enthusiast...but prefer fords)
Old 12-28-2016, 11:41 AM
HeyDanNiceShot
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

I think we met at Exotics@RTC last summer maybe? I've got the white Z06. Welcome!
Old 12-29-2016, 01:06 AM
700HP+
Advanced

Originally Posted by HeyDanNiceShot
I think we met at Exotics@RTC last summer maybe? I've got the white Z06. Welcome!
Hey Dan nice Z! Yep that was me. I'll be at the exotics show next year. Are there any other meets in the area?
Old 12-29-2016, 03:02 AM
MisterMidlifeCrisis
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Are there any other meets in the area?
Welcome to the area! Here are a couple of sources:

http://www.cruzinmag.com/calendar.html

https://www.griotsgarage.com/categor...t+us/events.do
Old 12-29-2016, 11:09 AM
kenthomas4
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey Dan nice Z! Yep that was me. I'll be at the exotics show next year. Are there any other meets in the area?
Welcome! First Saturday of the month for caffeen and cars at Griots in Tacoma is always great providing the weather. Also, search corvette clubs in Seattle for lots of calendars showing shows and events.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:11 PM
700HP+
Advanced

Has any here done the proformance racing school in Kent? Also other than the pacific raceway is there another good track to go to in the NW?

I'll be at the February show listed in the Cruizin assuming good weather.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:37 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Has any here done the proformance racing school in Kent? Also other than the pacific raceway is there another good track to go to in the NW?

I'll be at the February show listed in the Cruizin assuming good weather.
I haven't done the ProFormance Race School myself, but I have done photography at one of their open lapping days. Its a good place to start and I believe you get a decent amount of track time. The biggest thing is that you get to use your own car so it's very beneficial if you plan to do more track days as you'll know your car better.

As far as other tracks, the Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton is a great track. It's a lot newer and the track has over 50 feet of elevation changes with a nice wide track.
If you would like more information: http://www.ridgemotorsportspark.com/

I would highly suggest doing track days through SCCA's Track Night in America. It's cheap compared to most track days ($150) and you get three 20 minute sessions. They good numerous track days at both Pacific Raceways and The Ridge from the spring through the summer. Another plus is that you can get instruction at these track days as well. I may be slightly bias since I work for them, but it really is a great program.
Link: https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/

Hope this helps. I'm welcome to answer any more questions if you need.
The following users liked this post:
700HP+ (01-01-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 06:24 PM
tbrenny33
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by four0nefive
I haven't done the ProFormance Race School myself, but I have done photography at one of their open lapping days. Its a good place to start and I believe you get a decent amount of track time. The biggest thing is that you get to use your own car so it's very beneficial if you plan to do more track days as you'll know your car better.

As far as other tracks, the Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton is a great track. It's a lot newer and the track has over 50 feet of elevation changes with a nice wide track.
If you would like more information: http://www.ridgemotorsportspark.com/

I would highly suggest doing track days through SCCA's Track Night in America. It's cheap compared to most track days ($150) and you get three 20 minute sessions. They good numerous track days at both Pacific Raceways and The Ridge from the spring through the summer. Another plus is that you can get instruction at these track days as well. I may be slightly bias since I work for them, but it really is a great program.
Link: https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/

Hope this helps. I'm welcome to answer any more questions if you need.
I have not seen this SCCA, I'll have to check it out. I just came back from Spring Mountain and it was awesome. I'm planning on going to The Ridge this spring/summer. Most guys I have talked to recommended The Ridge over Pacific. They all said Pacific was good for the drag strip but their track wasn't nearly as good as The Ridge.

Get notified of new replies

To New to Seattle

Old 01-31-2017, 07:46 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tbrenny33
I have not seen this SCCA, I'll have to check it out. I just came back from Spring Mountain and it was awesome. I'm planning on going to The Ridge this spring/summer. Most guys I have talked to recommended The Ridge over Pacific. They all said Pacific was good for the drag strip but their track wasn't nearly as good as The Ridge.
The Ridge is much better maintained compared to Pacific Raceways. It's also a much more technical course in my opinion and I think it would make for a better track experience.

I posted the link to the Track Night in America website in my other post (the SCCA track day). But the basics are three 20 minute sessions, with available instruction if you run in the novice group, for $150. They should have the dates up relatively soon, but they have a track day once a month at the Ridge from May to September and I think 3 at Pacific Raceways over the course of the same time period. I might be slightly bias since I do photography for them, but it is a pretty well put together track day and it's not super expensive for what you get either.
tbrenny33 (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 08:44 PM
Kamran
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by tbrenny33

That's an understatement!

Originally Posted by four0nefive
The Ridge is much better maintained compared to Pacific Raceways. It's also a much more technical course in my opinion and I think it would make for a better track experience.

I posted the link to the Track Night in America website in my other post (the SCCA track day). But the basics are three 20 minute sessions, with available instruction if you run in the novice group, for $150. They should have the dates up relatively soon, but they have a track day once a month at the Ridge from May to September and I think 3 at Pacific Raceways over the course of the same time period. I might be slightly bias since I do photography for them, but it is a pretty well put together track day and it's not super expensive for what you get either.

Local two wheelers call Pacific "very" technical. Other non-locals around the country who have watched our videos on two wheels call it down right dangerous!

Depending on your definition of technical, The Ridge is certainly safer, much more fun and well worth the additional drive time. Although it is becoming more expensive than trackdays at COTA.
tbrenny33 (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 09:10 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Kamran
That's an understatement!

Local two wheelers call Pacific "very" technical. Other non-locals around the country who have watched our videos on two wheels call it down right dangerous!

Depending on your definition of technical, The Ridge is certainly safer, much more fun and well worth the additional drive time. Although it is becoming more expensive than trackdays at COTA.
Ok a bit of a disclaimer, I've only seen the layout of Pacific Raceways through YouTube , other than that, I've only seen the front straight and last few turns. I've actually been around the Ridge, granted it was in their track safety truck since I was getting a ride back from the turn post to the pits. I think the elevation changes and such make it much more interesting track for sure.

I 100% agree regarding the part about the Ridge being worth the additional drive. I live like 20 minutes away from Pacific Raceways, but I hate the fact that I'm limited on where I can take pictures from (ok that's a bit unrelated to actually driving there), not only that, it needs replacing badly. Even the road to get into the track is terrible.

As far track costs go, it makes sense from a business standpoint. There's were few tracks in the Pacific Northwest (I think there's 4 and one is in Eastern Washington). People have very few options. It's either the Ridge, Pacific, or Portland International. From what I've seen, there are white a few people who drive up to Shelton from Oregon.

Quick Reply: New to Seattle