Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Anyone here? Two vettes lost in Hillsboro fire, owner burned

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 03:14 PM
X-ZZ4
Team Owner

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Default Anyone here? Two vettes lost in Hillsboro fire, owner burned

I saw a pic on the TV news...one vette looked to be a black C4 with a rear spoiler.

Hillsboro man burns hands, loses Corvettes in house fire

HILLSBORO, Ore. - A Hillsboro man suffered severe burns on his hands, lost two Corvettes and an SUV, and was displaced along with his family by a Sunday evening fire at his home on N.E. Autumnwood Terrace.

Hillsboro Fire and Rescue reported that the one-alarm fire broke out about 9:30 pm as the homeowner was working on the fuel system of a car in his enclosed garage.

The fire spread from the garage into two bedrooms above. When firefighters arrived, they found heavy fire extending up the two-story home and into the attic. It took more than 20 firefighters 21 minutes to bring the flames under control.

The homeowner told investigators he attempted to fight the fire and suffered significant burns to his hands. He was transported to Emanuel Hospital Burn Center.

At least two other members of the man's family were at home at the time and escaped unharmed. The American Red Cross reported that four adults were displaced by the blaze.

The damage estimate is placed at $125,000. The losses include two Corvette sports cars and an SUV.

Hillsboro Fire recommends plenty of fresh air when working on the fuel system of a car, other vehicles, or motor-driven tools. Fuel vapors in an enclosed area can be ignited by light switches, water heaters and furnace pilot lights.

Additionally, if a fire breaks out in your home, get everyone out as quickly as possible and call 9-1-1 from outside the home, they said.

(© 2017 KGW)

http://www.kgw.com/news/hillsboro-ma...fire/407782362

Edit....pic....

Last edited by X-ZZ4; 02-13-2017 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:46 AM
SmileyOr
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Glad he got out of the garage reasonably OK and nobody else was injured.

I hope he wasn't working on the fuel system of a C6 that had the fuel smell.

I just received my extended coverage letter listing my car as one that could end up needing replacement. No smell yet.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:36 PM
DidntSettle
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Manchester - Political correctness is tyranny with manners.
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SmileyOr
Glad he got out of the garage reasonably OK and nobody else was injured.

I hope he wasn't working on the fuel system of a C6 that had the fuel smell.

I just received my extended coverage letter listing my car as one that could end up needing replacement. No smell yet.
So far, I have dodged that bullet. It's dealer fix. I wouldn't mess with it.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone here? Two vettes lost in Hillsboro fire, owner burned

Quick Reply: Anyone here? Two vettes lost in Hillsboro fire, owner burned