Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Okay, I'm Bored. Indulge me Vol 2, Episode 14

Old 03-07-2017, 08:43 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by ExRedRacer
The disadvantages of communicating via the Internet...I can't tell if that was sarcastic or serious. I'm going to go with sarcastic.

I say that because I, at one time, owned another work of "British Craftsmanship", a Triumph TR7. It left me stranded on the side of the road more than once because the crappy electronics went out on me on a busy Los Angeles freeway. Also, the speedometer quit on me and there were other problems with the electric system as well.

As the old joke goes, the Brits have to like their beer warm because the electronics in their refrigerators are so unreliable.
Well said, Joe. British cars were never known for the reliability, yet I believe the tales were exaggerated somewhat. Until the mid 70's and the introduction of the Triumph TR-7. Sadly, my fellow countrymen brought it upon themselves with their way of doing business (and it would seem to set an example for Detroit in later years)

So, yes, I was being sarcastic, but if I hadn't said it, someone else with prior ownership of a British car would have. Believe it or not, after my yellow MGB/GT I bought a matching MG roadster. Later an Austin Healey "bugeye" Sprite. I'd buy another MGB in a a heartbeat for the right price, but it would never be a daily driver. I'd still carry around a small hammer or a rock with which to, ahem, adjust, the fuel pump if needed.

They were hardly the paragon of reliability, but anyone who has never owned one, even a TR-7 has missed out on a true and wonderful experience.

By the way, did you know that the only surviving British cars still built there are Morgans?

Sorry to ramble on, so.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:01 PM
C6 Snowboarder
Race Director

Received 684 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
Well said, Joe. British cars were never known for the reliability, yet I believe the tales were exaggerated somewhat. Until the mid 70's and the introduction of the Triumph TR-7. Sadly, my fellow countrymen brought it upon themselves with their way of doing business (and it would seem to set an example for Detroit in later years)

So, yes, I was being sarcastic, but if I hadn't said it, someone else with prior ownership of a British car would have. Believe it or not, after my yellow MGB/GT I bought a matching MG roadster. Later an Austin Healey "bugeye" Sprite. I'd buy another MGB in a a heartbeat for the right price, but it would never be a daily driver. I'd still carry around a small hammer or a rock with which to, ahem, adjust, the fuel pump if needed.

They were hardly the paragon of reliability, but anyone who has never owned one, even a TR-7 has missed out on a true and wonderful experience.

By the way, did you know that the only surviving British cars still built there are Morgans?

Sorry to ramble on, so.
Do you guys know why the British never built computers?

answer below

They could not figure out how to make them leak oil!
The following 2 users liked this post by C6 Snowboarder:
ExRedRacer (03-09-2017), last901 (03-09-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 06:06 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by C6 Snowboarder
Do you guys know why the British never built computers?

answer below

They could not figure out how to make them leak oil!

Now that's funny... Thanks
Old 03-09-2017, 11:49 PM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

[QUOTE=last901;1594240524
Your friend, Rick, though... I think he beat me up in the parking lot following a dance at The Spanish Castle. If you have his address, please let me know. I'd like to send him the $28.75 bill I got from my dentist, Dr Yen the following Monday. [/QUOTE]

Rick is still my friend and I see him regularly. He lives in Pahrump, Nevada. We will be there in late April and I will present him with a bill. However, I do not think he was ever at the Spanish Castle, so I do not think your chances of collecting are very good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Okay, I'm Bored. Indulge me Vol 2, Episode 14