Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

CMCS all Corvette Show at XXX Root Beer: Sunday 8/27/2017 Issaquah, WA

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 09:18 AM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

I've never liked chrome so that's out. Part of the reason I've had polished wheels on my last two yellow 'Vettes. I grew up in Alaska and saw how awful chrome looked after several winters - peeling, flaking, and what happens to it when it gets curb scuffs.

My car has black Z06 wheels now - the black actually looks good to me but you lose a lot of the details of the wheel unless you're up close. So I've narrowed it down on the style of wheels but not color yet - I'd thought about black chrome...

I found a wheel design I really like/want but unfortunately they are made by HRE and I can't see dropping $11k on a set of wheels. So the search continues.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:23 AM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronZ51
I've never liked chrome so that's out. Part of the reason I've had polished wheels on my last two yellow 'Vettes. I grew up in Alaska and saw how awful chrome looked after several winters - peeling, flaking, and what happens to it when it gets curb scuffs.

My car has black Z06 wheels now - the black actually looks good to me but you lose a lot of the details of the wheel unless you're up close. So I've narrowed it down on the style of wheels but not color yet - I'd thought about black chrome...

I found a wheel design I really like/want but unfortunately they are made by HRE and I can't see dropping $11k on a set of wheels. So the search continues.
Machined faced GM C6 ZR1/C7 Grand Sport Cup Wheels would look perfect on your car (and they aren't ridiculously expensive)
Old 03-18-2017, 02:10 AM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by JETninja
Aaron is not an old fart like you two......
Maybe not yet, but I know he's working on it. After all, us old guys always seem to have a lot more.... uh.... you know... whatever it was we always used to have...

What was the question.....?
Old 03-19-2017, 12:16 AM
00Midnight
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

John: I agree your new Z06 is much nicer and the upgrades you have planned will make it even more so.

Phil: Old fart is only a frame of mind...or a result of too many beans.... ;-)

Count me in on the August show...

-Markm-
Old 04-02-2017, 03:30 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

Ok I posted our first movie trailer to first post, click it and turn up your sound.!

Last edited by AmmoVet; 04-02-2017 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:14 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Ammo
Ok I posted our first movie trailer to first post, click it and turn up your sound.!

https://youtu.be/JleMg2Alqfk.
Nicely done, Mike. I like the shots of the kids and families. The plates too are really cool. Just a suggestion; if you're trying to get more entrants, perhaps even more group photos and some shots of some less than perfect (good luck on that one) Corvettes to encourage those of us who drive just ordinary (though one of only 42) to enter and maybe win an award. Of course you do have door prizes too, don't you? Can't remember, do you also sell the tickets for prizes?

Might also be fun to do a more lengthy and timely video of like quality shortly after the show. Maybe even produce copies for sale. Try and get every car entered, plus some narration and captions for the award winners.

As I say, just an idea, but these trailers are really well done. There's some potential for a little fund raising here I think. How about a special class for Lightweight or Special build Corvettes?

Good job, my friend.

BTW, have you talked to the people at Bev Mo in the Highlands about doing a Scotch tasting event? Like the one that a few who shall be unidentified often have each year over by Aaron's car?

Old 04-02-2017, 04:46 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by last901
Nicely done, Mike. I like the shots of the kids and families. The plates too are really cool. Just a suggestion; if you're trying to get more entrants, perhaps even more group photos and some shots of some less than perfect (good luck on that one) Corvettes to encourage those of us who drive just ordinary (though one of only 42) to enter and maybe win an award. Of course you do have door prizes too, don't you? Can't remember, do you also sell the tickets for prizes?

Might also be fun to do a more lengthy and timely video of like quality shortly after the show. Maybe even produce copies for sale. Try and get every car entered, plus some narration and captions for the award winners.

As I say, just an idea, but these trailers are really well done. There's some potential for a little fund raising here I think. How about a special class for Lightweight or Special build Corvettes?

Good job, my friend.

BTW, have you talked to the people at Bev Mo in the Highlands about doing a Scotch tasting event? Like the one that a few who shall be unidentified often have each year over by Aaron's car?

Phil,
Thanks for the ideas, our host for this years event will be watching and collecting your ideas also. Yes we have sold raffle prize tickets, did you still want to consider donating some car stuff to us?

I don't think an alcohol tasting event is really consistent with cars these days. Plus we want this to remain a family event that Mom and Dad would bring the kids to.

my video skills are pretty much limited to these small short advertisements. More in work. Thanks again for the ideas.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:58 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Phil,
Thanks for the ideas, our host for this years event will be watching and collecting your ideas also. Yes we have sold raffle prize tickets, did you still want to consider donating some car stuff to us?

I don't think an alcohol tasting event is really consistent with cars these days. Plus we want this to remain a family event that Mom and Dad would bring the kids to.

my video skills are pretty much limited to these small short advertisements. More in work. Thanks again for the ideas.
Sure, Mike, I'll contribute some things. Is there a space on the entry form that will identify any one who might be allergic to cats or ferrets? Ha!, I was kidding about the ferrets.

Seriously, count on me to provide something. Happy to do so...
Old 04-19-2017, 09:54 AM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

TTT Reminder
Old 04-19-2017, 06:40 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 324 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

TTT Reminder
I just saw your Video for this year. Amazing, here are a couple pictures I took. They are just like ones in the video. Those are my 3 grandsons standing in front of my C5, they live in Bellevue. I took them to the show years ago. They are much bigger now. Also took a rear car pic just like the one in your video.

<br/>Grandsons and C5

Rear Ends, mine is the green one.

Just me and C5, you can see NOWUCME on plate. not in video

Small World!
Old 04-19-2017, 06:50 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by NOWUCME
I just saw your Video for this year. Amazing, here are a couple pictures I took. They are just like ones in the video. Those are my 3 grandsons standing in front of my C5, they live in Bellevue. I took them to the show years ago. They are much bigger now. Also took a rear car pic just like the one in your video.

<br/>Grandsons and C5

Small World!
I Like those pictures, chrome wheels...

Last edited by last901; 04-19-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:54 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by last901
I Like those pictures, chrome wheels...
Nothing BUT!

I checked those pictures, looks like 2005 or 2006 XXX Show.

Last edited by NOWUCME; 04-19-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:05 AM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

<br/>Grandsons and C5

Small World!
Thanks for posting them someplace cause I stole them for use in the video, hope you liked it. That is a tribute to your picture taking skills not my video making skills. There are more videos to follow so don't be surprised if that last one shows up in one sooner or later.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:12 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Nothing BUT!

I checked those pictures, looks like 2005 or 2006 XXX Show.

IIRC, the 2005 or 2006 was the first one I attended with my Torch Red C5 coupe. If you have more pics of those, I'd appreciate seeing them just to see that car again...
Old 04-26-2017, 02:19 AM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Thanks for posting them someplace cause I stole them for use in the video, hope you liked it. That is a tribute to your picture taking skills not my video making skills. There are more videos to follow so don't be surprised if that last one shows up in one sooner or later.
"Liked it?" It was like one of those Serendipity moments. I couldn't figure out how someone could have taken the same pictures or if they were the same. Guess that explains it. I probably posted them here after the show.

Last edited by NOWUCME; 05-05-2017 at 01:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ExRedRacer (04-26-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 10:42 PM
kawils2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Detailed Information about the Show

CMCS XXX All Corvette Car Show 2017 General Information

The CMCS All Corvette Car Show and Burger Bash is being held at the XXX Root Beer Drive In in Issaquah, WA On Sunday August 27th. The address is 98 NE Gilman Blvd, Issaquah, WA.
Each person registering a car will get a welcome bag with a ticket for the raffle, a dash plaque, and several other small gifts.

Registration on day of show begins at 7:30 am. Enter the Virginia Madison Medical Center parking area next to Triple XXX to check in. You will be directed where to park your car. Once parked bring your Entry Application to the Event Tent to complete registration.

Reserved Premium parking is available to the first 35 cars to register for it. You must arrive by 9 am to claim your preferred parking spot.
$25 Regular Entry Fee Per Car
$30 Reserved Premium Parking Entry Fee Per Car (these are the best parking spots!) Registration flyer and form are here: http://www.corvettemarqueclub.com/Downloads/636217351972968750.pdf

Trophies:

We will have almost 50 trophies to award (most selected by the participants). There will be trophies for the best cars in each class (C1 through C7 and Modified) as well as trophies for Best ZR1, Best Z06, Best Grand Sport, Best Paint Job, Best Survivor (any class, from 1953 to 1996), Best Club Participation (with at least 6 or more registered from a single club), and a special trophy for the Best of Show awarded by our sponsors (Lee Johnson Chevrolet and Speedway Chevrolet).

Raffle Tickets & Drawings:

There will be additional raffle tickets (in addition to the one you get for registering) for sale where you can win car related and other goodies. We raffled off over 40 items last year! All profits will go to benefit the CMCS and XXX Charities.

There is also a 50/50 drawing with tickets on sale at the show, half of the proceeds support the Deployed Military, and the other half goes to the winner of the drawing!

Mr. Cliff will be spinning the tunes all day and their will be some Corvette Trivia Drawings for prizes as well.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:55 PM
kawils2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Lodging for those who need it

Note: The Boeing Classic Golf Tournament is being held this same weekend, so lodging will be going fast. We do have rooms reserved at the first two hotels listed below.
HOUSING:
Redmond Inn
www.redmondinn.com
17601 Redmond Way, Redmond, WA 98052 •
(425) 883-4900
We have a block of 15 rooms available for $129/night plus tax. Rooms are available for Friday the 25th and Saturday the 26th. The cutoff date for reservations here is August 1. They will have a space for washing your car and there is a manual Brown Bear Car Wash station just next door. The Redmond Inn is 11 miles away from XXX Root Beer. Let them know your reservation is for CMCS.

Springhill Suites by Marriot Seattle/Issaquah
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ttle-issaquah/
1185 NW Maple Street / Issaquah, WA 98027
(425) 427-6000 (For Corvette Marque Club of Seattle/ XXX Root Beer Show)
We have a block of 15 rooms (10 Single Kings and 5 Double Queens) available for $189/night plus tax. Parking in enclosed two story garage is $7 per night. Rooms are available for Friday the 25th and Saturday the 26th. The cutoff date for reservations here is July 25th. There is a manual Brown Bear Car Wash station at 22121 SE 56th St. Issaquah just 1.6 miles from the hotel. XXX Root Beer is 1.3 miles away from the Hotel.
You can book directly on-line at this URL:
http://www.marriott.com/meeting-even...&stop_mobi=yes

Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah
hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com
1800 NW Gilman Blvd, Issaquah, WA 98027
(425) 837-3600 XXX Root Beer is 1.5 miles away from the Hotel.
No block of rooms are available, but you can still make a reservation at this hotel. They Offer AAA, AARP, and Senior rates.

Holiday Inn Seattle-Issaquah
www.ihg.com
1801 12th Ave NW, Issaquah, WA 98027
(877) 410-6679 XXX Root Beer is 1.3 miles away from the Hotel.
No block of rooms are available, but you can still make a reservation at this hotel. They offer a AAA/CAA and Senior discount rate.

If you bring your hotel receipt from the Hilton Garden Inn, Springhill Suites, or Holiday Inn, the XXX Drive In will give you $10 towards your purchase there.

For those of you bringing trailers, parking is available for your trailer on the side of Staples. Ask for directions from our team when you get to the XXX Drive In and we will direct you to where you can leave your trailer.

This information is also attached in a WORD document in case there are problems with links.
Attached Files

Last edited by kawils2; 07-15-2017 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Attach Info & Lodging document

Get notified of new replies

To CMCS all Corvette Show at XXX Root Beer: Sunday 8/27/2017 Issaquah, WA

Old 05-23-2017, 11:42 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Default New trailer

Last edited by AmmoVet; 05-23-2017 at 11:52 PM.
kawils2 (05-30-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 11:21 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

kawils2 (06-12-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 12:31 PM
RRRRED
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Best video yet

I love the music and photos. Mike, this is your best video yet!

Quick Reply: CMCS all Corvette Show at XXX Root Beer: Sunday 8/27/2017 Issaquah, WA