Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

PPG Blendease question DX840

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 01:02 PM
mayordaly
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPG Blendease question DX840

Hi guys, Quick Question, I did a spot repair on a Alfa hood, after a few days I could see the CC edge did not blend well.
It's been @ 4days, Can I just resand or skuff the edge area and spray
a light coat of just blendease? Or should I mix in clear and blendease?
Old 05-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Jim Dillon
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

It is hard to give really good advice without seeing up close what you are seeing but PPG blenders generally do OK on blending as long as you are only going to polish the blended area and not color sand. If you scuff the area and put some liquid on it such as DX330 (only if the paint is cured otherwise try some water maybe) and the halo disappears you may do OK with just blender if polishing only. If the halo is still there then you may have to go to plan B. If you want to color sand the area you will have to use clear more than likely. If there is a problematic halo that does not want to go away you may have to mix a bit of color with your clear and fog the halo and then clear out into the good or outer portion of the panel. If possible it may do well to clear out to the edge of the hood but as I said I cannot see what you can and sadly am throwing darts. Hope this helps or post a picture if I totally missed the boat. Good luck-Jim
Old 05-09-2008, 12:37 PM
mayordaly
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jim, yes when I wet the area you can not see the edge so I tried to buff it out, but can still see it at angles. It is a matalic pearl.
I edge I see is from clear on old clear away from the color blend and don't think a camera will catch it. I think I will skuff area again and mist
some bleandease over area as see if it melds any beter.

Get notified of new replies

To PPG Blendease question DX840

Quick Reply: PPG Blendease question DX840