Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Stalker fiberglass front end sagging

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 10:47 AM
vetteset8087
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalker fiberglass front end sagging

I have a CCI Stalker front end on my 92 Vette that has started to sag a bit. I'm re-doing this car so all of the paint is off of it and the car is pretty much disassembled. The front end or nose of the car is made of pretty thin fiberglass and it has 2 areas that started to drop down about a 1/4" over the last 7 years. I want to fix it now and make sure it won't happen again before I paint the car , What is the best plan of attack ?

Should I heat the saging areas with a heat gun and push the back in place then reinforce it with a few layers of resin and mat underneath the sag area ?

Should I fill the sag with everglass on top of the gel coat ?

Should I use resin and mat to fill up the sag on top of the gel coat ?

should I push the sag back where it should be with blocks of wood and screws and reinforce it from enderneath on the bare fiberglass with more fiberglass ?

I would really like to get this done this weekend and need to get supplies before the stores close so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:27 PM
540 vette
Race Director

Received 299 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteset8087
I have a CCI Stalker front end on my 92 Vette that has started to sag a bit. I'm re-doing this car so all of the paint is off of it and the car is pretty much disassembled. The front end or nose of the car is made of pretty thin fiberglass and it has 2 areas that started to drop down about a 1/4" over the last 7 years. I want to fix it now and make sure it won't happen again before I paint the car , What is the best plan of attack ?

Should I heat the saging areas with a heat gun and push the back in place then reinforce it with a few layers of resin and mat underneath the sag area ?

Should I fill the sag with everglass on top of the gel coat ?

Should I use resin and mat to fill up the sag on top of the gel coat ?

should I push the sag back where it should be with blocks of wood and screws and reinforce it from enderneath on the bare fiberglass with more fiberglass ?

I would really like to get this done this weekend and need to get supplies before the stores close so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would do it this way. "push the sag back where it should be with blocks of wood and screws and reinforce it from enderneath on the bare fiberglass with more fiberglass "

Quick Reply: Stalker fiberglass front end sagging