Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

c-2 floor repair

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 11:34 PM
fisheson
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default c-2 floor repair

I would like to know the proper adhesive to use [vette bond]epoxy resin,etc to join a c-2 front and rear halfs of the floor, on the frame first???????.....then the nose...porch dog??..............thanks
Old 08-23-2014, 10:17 AM
porchdog
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

i try to stick with evercoat products . there are many out there that work well .Sem is good. just look for a bonding agent with at least 30-45 min working time .

duramix 4288

Last edited by porchdog; 08-23-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:17 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I use the correct type of body putty adhesive when originality is required.

If you do not care about that. I then switch to the Evercoat 994. I use it..and it works very well.

What do you mean by "on the frame first".????

I do not know what you mean by 'then the nose'. If you are talking about the front clip...Once again...either the body putty if originality is required and if not. I use the Evercoat 994.

I myself do not worry about 'working time" because that can all be worked out by timing yourself and see how long it takes to do what you need to do. AND then..when I am mixing my product to bond on the panels..I do a test and see how I need to mix it to give me the working time I need.

AS I have written before and I know it is my opinion...BUT I really do not like using ANY 2 part epoxy adhesive out of a tube on a Corvette where this adhesive has any possibility of being exposed and needing to be covered with filler ...such as over a seam.

2-part crash/structure adhesive on:
C3 Door skins...YES. C4 Corvette body panels...YES. C5 Corvette panels...YES. C1 and C2 panels....NOT so much....adn actually ..probably would not. But as I wrote above...MY opinion.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To c-2 floor repair

Quick Reply: c-2 floor repair