69 Front clip removal/install

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 07:59 PM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 796 Likes on 620 Posts

Default 69 Front clip removal/install

I have a 69 vette that I wanted to get judged in the sportsman class maybe. The body has an Eckler 1 piece front clip. I wanted to see about getting an original 69 front clip. Right know the chassis is basically restored to original and am working on the interior. What are the challenges in swapping clips or just leave it and take the point hit, based on cost and work.
Thank You
Roger
Old 09-05-2014, 06:09 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

There are NUMEROUS CHALLENGES and ISSUES that have to be considered when installing a front clip.

That is if you are as PICKY as I am about body lines and parts fitting correctly.

It is 'do-able'...obviously...but it is not going to be a weekend project...that is for sure.

The cost will be high...and time invested will be extensive....something that you need to decide on.

DUB
Old 09-06-2014, 11:30 AM
TWINRAY
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
There are NUMEROUS CHALLENGES and ISSUES that have to be considered when installing a front clip.

That is if you are as PICKY as I am about body lines and parts fitting correctly.

It is 'do-able'...obviously...but it is not going to be a weekend project...that is for sure.

The cost will be high...and time invested will be extensive....something that you need to decide on.

DUB
on all 3 points.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:53 PM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 796 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB

DUB
Thanks DUB I think I will pass on doing that for right know.

Get notified of new replies

To 69 Front clip removal/install

Quick Reply: 69 Front clip removal/install