Looking on tips for crack repair

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Mr D.
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Default Looking on tips for crack repair

I have a few stress cracks on my 65 located in and around bumper mount holes and a couple at the head light bucket opening areas.

Also on the right hand parking light panel there is a crack that runs about 2-3" around the body line (see below picture for the area affected)

What is the preferred method for addressing these types cracks?

Guess what I'm trying to get to is there a rule of thumb of when to use mat and fiberglass resin vice Vette Panel Adhesive for repairing small damage?

Thanks Dennis
Attached Images  
Old 10-05-2014, 05:49 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I can only comment of the photo you posted. NOT posting photos of the actual damage makes it hard to direct you in the most efficient way of repairing them.

Also adding that you applied pressure and either were able or were not able to widen or open up the crack.

Due to the front nose is so strong because to the angles of the panels and the bonding strip under it...but also NOT being able to actually see the crack. I would clean and prep the crack and use Vette Panel Adhesive...but one again... I am NOT there to see it...and I do not know what will happen once it is prepped.

Feeling around on the backside of this crack by the headlight would also aid in letting us know if the bonding strip got damaged and pushed in.

Need more and better photos.

DUB

Quick Reply: Looking on tips for crack repair