Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Paint booth filter and regulator

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 01:43 PM
71frameoff
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Paint booth filter and regulator

I am going to set up a temporary home spray booth. I have an 80 gallon compressor, I have some ideas on a cooler. what is a decent home regulator and filter for the compressed air?
Old 01-21-2015, 06:05 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I have professional grade parts and set-up but I know in this section this issue has been discussed and some even posted photos of their set-ups. Take time to look.

DUB
Old 01-22-2015, 02:20 AM
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

I have a little smaller of a compressor than you at 60 gallons and 5HP. I'll do a little picture tutorial with what I made...

Starting at the compressor, I have two connectors coming off of it. One for a standard air line connection (I use high flow fittings to help with pressure drop) and one large one for my painting set up.

This is the large diameter 6' long hose I use to hook up to my cooling run.

I have a large male fitting at the beginning of my cooling run. I keep a cap over the end when not in use to keep contaminates out.

I used several 10' lengths of 1/2" copper pipe to make the cooling run and put a water drop line near the end of it.

I ran it through the wall into my garage. I added one more water drop line inside just before the filter. Then the air goes through a Devilbiss CamAir QC3 filter/dryer. That unit comes with the attached regulator.

I'm really happy with this set up and have seen no moisture come through my guns. BUT... just for added insurance, I run those little Horrible Freight disposable screw on water traps at the base of all my spray guns.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:55 PM
71frameoff
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 13611
I have a little smaller of a compressor than you at 60 gallons and 5HP. I'll do a little picture tutorial with what I made...

Starting at the compressor, I have two connectors coming off of it. One for a standard air line connection (I use high flow fittings to help with pressure drop) and one large one for my painting set up.

This is the large diameter 6' long hose I use to hook up to my cooling run.

I have a large male fitting at the beginning of my cooling run. I keep a cap over the end when not in use to keep contaminates out.

I used several 10' lengths of 1/2" copper pipe to make the cooling run and put a water drop line near the end of it.

I ran it through the wall into my garage. I added one more water drop line inside just before the filter. Then the air goes through a Devilbiss CamAir QC3 filter/dryer. That unit comes with the attached regulator.

I'm really happy with this set up and have seen no moisture come through my guns. BUT... just for added insurance, I run those little Horrible Freight disposable screw on water traps at the base of all my spray guns.
Thanks!! what a fantastic reply. looks like you thought of everything.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:36 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Making sure that you have moisture free air is so IMPORTANT.

DUB
Old 01-23-2015, 03:19 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by 13611
I have a little smaller of a compressor than you at 60 gallons and 5HP. I'll do a little picture tutorial with what I made... Starting at the compressor, I have two connectors coming off of it. One for a standard air line connection (I use high flow fittings to help with pressure drop) and one large one for my painting set up. This is the large diameter 6' long hose I use to hook up to my cooling run. I have a large male fitting at the beginning of my cooling run. I keep a cap over the end when not in use to keep contaminates out. I used several 10' lengths of 1/2" copper pipe to make the cooling run and put a water drop line near the end of it. I ran it through the wall into my garage. I added one more water drop line inside just before the filter. Then the air goes through a Devilbiss CamAir QC3 filter/dryer. That unit comes with the attached regulator. I'm really happy with this set up and have seen no moisture come through my guns. BUT... just for added insurance, I run those little Horrible Freight disposable screw on water traps at the base of all my spray guns.
Nice set up!

Get notified of new replies

To Paint booth filter and regulator

Quick Reply: Paint booth filter and regulator