Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

What to buy on a budget shooting clear coat over interior and engine plastic pieces?

Old 05-12-2015, 02:55 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

Default What to buy on a budget shooting clear coat over interior and engine plastic pieces?

Just as the title states....

What do I buy on a budget for shooting clear coat over interior and engine bay plastic pieces? I know I will need a gun and some clear coat obviously. I plan on sanding and adding more clear on some of my engine bay pieces and Iam redoing some of my interior pieces from scratch. (repainting first).

So I don't want to break the bank but don't want to buy something that is going to shoot like crap and cause all sorts of issues. Iam also looking for a clear that is going to be able to dry fairly quickly with no baking involved. Names and item/product numbers will help immensely along with where to buy.

PS: I have a local Northern Tools and Harbor Freight. Are their paint guns sufficient or should I stay away?

Oh and any tips on how to shoot would be great. Angle...how many coats, prep. etc.

Thanks in advance
Jeff

Last edited by XtremeVette; 05-12-2015 at 02:57 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What to buy on a budget shooting clear coat over interior and engine plastic pieces?