Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Windshield moulding on back of front fenders

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 12:39 PM
bashcraft
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 83 Posts

Default Windshield moulding on back of front fenders

On a '69, does anyone know how to remove these. I've taken the screws out but they still won't come off. I know there's some kind of a clip holding it on but I'm afraid of breaking it.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:47 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by bashcraft
On a '69, does anyone know how to remove these. I've taken the screws out but they still won't come off. I know there's some kind of a clip holding it on but I'm afraid of breaking it.
If you are referring to the curved moldings that are at the end of the top hood surround...right near the windshield....and these moldings match up to the molding on your wiper door. When you remove the screw in the jamb. Then they slide towards the front of the car. They are held in my a special tension retaining clip. You have to work at them...they are just not going to slide off easily...because if they did...you would knock them off when washing the car.

On REALLY NICE paint jobs and I have to remove them...I slide a piece of clear acetate sheet between the molding and the paint so when I slide it off...it does not scuff the paint.

DUB
Old 06-16-2015, 07:29 AM
bashcraft
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
If you are referring to the curved moldings that are at the end of the top hood surround...right near the windshield....and these moldings match up to the molding on your wiper door. When you remove the screw in the jamb. Then they slide towards the front of the car. DUB
Thanks, I've been trying to slide them towards the rear of the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Windshield moulding on back of front fenders

Quick Reply: Windshield moulding on back of front fenders