Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

prospray

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 11:01 AM
porchdog
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

Default prospray

rumor has it that prospray has been bought by valspar.
i have recommended prospray in the past but will no longer use nor will i recommend it any more . just a fyi .
Old 07-01-2015, 05:26 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I heard the same thing...just about a week ago...and from what I heard...Prospray was made from the people who were actually ICI AUTOCOLOR...which is what I used before PPG bought it and turned that into NEXA. I know the NEXA line has not changed.

I wonder if Valspar is going to change anything about the paint or leave well enough alone.

DUB
Old 07-02-2015, 08:25 AM
porchdog
Drifting

every brand valspar buys seems to go south. matrix and hok are both pretty much bottom feeder now. adhesion problems , chipping , die back and shrinkage.
i just wanted to let those who i've recommended it to know i am not using it any longer. there are just brands i refuse to use.
a few hundred dollars on a 10k paint job is not that big of a concern . i had heard about it and it seemed ok so i tried it. in reality it was just savings on cost. nothing spectacular about it but with the changes i'm out . i will stick with the majors for color and likely not use any more base coat anyway . i prefer ss .
Old 07-02-2015, 05:38 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by porchdog
every brand valspar buys seems to go south. matrix and hok are both pretty much bottom feeder now. adhesion problems , chipping , die back and shrinkage.
i just wanted to let those who i've recommended it to know i am not using it any longer. there are just brands i refuse to use.
a few hundred dollars on a 10k paint job is not that big of a concern . i had heard about it and it seemed ok so i tried it. in reality it was just savings on cost. nothing spectacular about it but with the changes i'm out . i will stick with the majors for color and likely not use any more base coat anyway . i prefer ss .
'Heard' loud and clear.

DUB
Old 07-04-2015, 10:51 PM
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Hey Porchdog, I may be reading into what you wrote but are you saying that you will no longer be using base coats and will only be using single stage? Or is "ss" something else?
Old 07-05-2015, 07:50 AM
porchdog
Drifting

Yes , when ever posible i will use single stage . Just personal preference . I like ppg concept .

Get notified of new replies

To prospray

Quick Reply: prospray