No washing????

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 09:58 AM
BRZI
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default No washing????

I have a freind who owns a Black 67 mustang who says he never washes his car. Now mind you he never drives it unless weather condituins are perfect. The car has a amazing shine always. He say he just uses spray wax cleaner and wipes it down and waxes the car once a year with some 3m paste carnyba wax. Is this really possible? My car is Yellow and it gets pretty dusty and dirty afer 2-3 drives. Was wondering if any of you guys do this and why? I feel like nothing can clean your car like a good bath. But am open to trying something different if it really works.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:25 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

A steel car....and he is applying a 'wax cleaner'. I guess it works for him.

He might not be 'washing' it with water...but he is wiping it down. Don't let him fool you. And depending on how long he has been applying the wax cleaner...I wonder what the build up is like.

I myself do not do things like that... nor do I recommend my customers to do that to my paint jobs.

I had a customer with a black Nova that had that acrylic Jet Seal product applied to it. It was slick and shiny....but when I had to do some paint work on it...I was concerned about getting that stuff off so my paint would stick. I was impressed with how slick the car was...but I am also concerned on the time it took me to feel good about my prep so paint would stick.

Choose and do as you wish. I am with you...I like to wash a car.....with several towels....and not just one towel when the paint is slick and swirl free.

DUB

Quick Reply: No washing????