More repairs😳

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 05:27 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by jakvette
Hi DUB,

No please , i understand where you are coming from and your concerns, very valid indeed . The primer can be removed although it is called a self etch primer .The main aim for putting the primer on was to prevent the frame from getting surface rust again .

What type of paint would you recommend i use on the windshield frame so i do not encounter issues with the bonding of the glass to the frame?

Cheers for now ,

John
All of the surfaces of the frame that do not come in contact with your bonding surface for your windshield I use an epoxy primer. So...you etch primer will be more than like a good primer.

AS for the surface where the urethane will be applied so the windshield can be bonded in place. I do nothing at all. If it is bare steel...I leave it so the glass company can apply their special primer and put the windshield in. IF for some reason I need to apply a primer...I apply PPG epoxy primer ...but I do not put it on THICK.. I just get coverage and stop....so the glass company can prep it and apply their primer to it.

DUB

Quick Reply: More repairs😳