Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

490C interior paint code formula help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 07:42 PM
johnnyjturbines
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 490C interior paint code formula help!

Need help with the correct red paint code or formula for 1963 Coupe 490C interior....DuPont formula would be great help

Please PM or email me at john@j-turbines.com

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2015, 05:42 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyjturbines
Need help with the correct red paint code or formula for 1963 Coupe 490C interior....DuPont formula would be great help

Please PM or email me at john@j-turbines.com

Thanks!
Why not directly contact DuPont and get the formula from them????...or buy the interior color from one of the major Corvette suppliers???

DUB
Old 07-11-2015, 05:50 PM
johnnyjturbines
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spent over hour and half with the DuPont folks in Houston on Friday and they couldn't come up with it...hence the request. Trying to work it out to shoot it the interior on Monday. If anyone has already decipher the paint code, I would really appreciate the solution. Thanks!
Old 07-11-2015, 05:58 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyjturbines
Spent over hour and half with the DuPont folks in Houston on Friday and they couldn't come up with it...hence the request. Trying to work it out to shoot it the interior on Monday. If anyone has already decipher the paint code, I would really appreciate the solution. Thanks!
Just suggesting....I know you want DuPont....but can you get access to PPG??? IF SO...call 1-800-647-6050...go to the color library...get them to look it up and it may be a 'historical' code.

OR...order the dye in a quart can so you can spray it out of a gun and postpone it a few days while waiting for it co come in.

Not knowing if you know or not....but if DuPont can not help you in this...I doubt anyone will be able to give you a formula for DuPont...they might be able to get you a formula...but if the toners/pigments are no longer available...then the formula is useless....because DuPont could have removed some of the pigments for interior colors and NOT have a formula for the current updated toners/pigments.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To 490C interior paint code formula help!

Quick Reply: 490C interior paint code formula help!