Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

First Rock chip - new C7

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 05:40 PM
daleong
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts
First Rock chip - new C7

So it was going to happen sooner or later but got a rock chip on the front fascia today . It was a pretty deep hit as you can see below. Any ideas on how to approach making some sort of repair? I have a Dr. ColorChip on order already.

Thanks all.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:32 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

The approach of how to repair will all depend on what you can live with.

The chances of touching this up and making it so you can not detect it is about 1,000,000 to 1. I am only being truthful and not filling your head with illusions of grandeur.

It definitely took a good hit....just by how the paint is bulging up.

This repair...if you only plan on touching it up...will take some time....especially if you can see that there is depth to the damage. Paint can not or should not be used as a filling material. I know that is has been done....and can be done...but it should not be done in my opinion.

Wish you the best....it will be a task that will take some time. And all I can hope for you is that the color is somewhat close...because the chances that the color is spot-on perfect...is also highly unlikely. It has nothing to do with how new the car is or anything like that. Not writing that it can't...but the odds are stacked against you.

DUB

Quick Reply: First Rock chip - new C7