Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Please Help With Radiator Support?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 02:20 PM
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Please Help With Radiator Support?!?!

I posted this in the general section but figure it might be better suited here. Instead of retyping the whole thing here's the link... thanks!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...r-support.html
Old 08-04-2015, 05:41 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

YES...the front clip can 'sag'. You will be able to watch the fender at the 12 'o'clock position move out when it is down....and when you lift up on the front clip...the fender lip will go inwards. This is normal. 12 'o'clock position of the wheel opening is ..obviously ..all the way at the top of the wheel well lip.

I have recently been through this issue of getting front clip mounted and adjusted with 'rvzio'. Your shimming of the body MAY change....and then again...may not. Will have to wait for your feedback before any other comments can be made or given.

Are you a convertible or a coupe??????

STUPID QUESTION: You car is on the ground....tires aired up and all that and NOT on jack stands...correct???

If it was in my shop. I would bolt the radiator support to the inner skirts. The access what is going on.

When installing the doors for checking gaps and 'what have you'. Put ALL 8 bolts in place....then tighten up 2 in the upper and 2 in the lower and you want to tighten these bolts in each hinge catty-cornered with one another. by tightening two bolts int eh upper hinge and lower hinge...the hinge will rest flat against the door hinge mounting surface and not cause you to ahve a problem later when you actually tighten all 8 bolts. DO NOT ask me how I know this! Actually...during door gap checking and repair....I tighten ALL 8 bolts....just to be on the safe side.

But the reason you want all 8 bolts in the hinge going to the door is you can adjust a door where you can actually NOT be able to install the remaining bolts if you only install 2 bolts.bolts. SO...it is ALWAYS wise to put all 8 bolts in and tighten them from there.

DUB
Old 08-04-2015, 10:43 PM
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks DUB. You nailed it with the 12 o'clock fender talk. That's where the bowed front came from. I always thought I was going to have to fix the goofy looking fender arc before paint, but once the front was lifted up enough to bolt everything together, the fender arc radius looks normal now.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:20 PM
DUB
Race Director

Glad that the '12 'o'clock' position comment helped you out.

When you are doing all this...is the car on the ground and NOT on jack stands...correct????

I do not go off peoples avatars...so is it a coupe or convertible???

DUB
Old 08-05-2015, 06:15 PM
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

It's a coupe and its on the ground.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:22 PM
DUB
Race Director

Originally Posted by 13611
It's a coupe and its on the ground.
PERFECT!!!!. Thanks for the reply.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To Please Help With Radiator Support?!?!

Quick Reply: Please Help With Radiator Support?!?!