Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

VPA or SMC adhesive

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 05:56 PM
71frameoff
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default VPA or SMC adhesive

going to attack all the seams on my 71 coupe. reading lots of posts and I am going to use an adhesive instead of glassing them. I believe I have all SMC panels on the car so which adhesive should I use?
The following users liked this post:
ArtGle (05-26-2016)
Old 01-19-2016, 05:13 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by 71frameoff
going to attack all the seams on my 71 coupe. reading lots of posts and I am going to use an adhesive instead of glassing them. I believe I have all SMC panels on the car so which adhesive should I use?
This is SIMPLE to remember.

The Vette Panel Adhesive/Filler is just that. It is BOTH a filler...and a bonding adhesive. SO...YOU can bond NON-SMC panels with it...BUT...you CAN NOT bond SMC panels....BUT it can be used as a filler on NON-SMC panels ALONG WITH SMC panels.

The SMC Panel Adhesive is just that...it is an adhesive. And it WILL bond BOTH the NON-SMC panels and SMC panels. BUT...it is NOT a filler.

SO ..using the Vette Panel Adhesive is what I would do....and have done countless times with NO problems.

IF this is the FIRST time you are using the VPA...and you want some tricks....PM me so we can talk on the phone. OR...figure out it all on your own.

Read post #7
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...questions.html

DUB
Old 01-19-2016, 05:32 PM
71frameoff
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks!!

Get notified of new replies

To VPA or SMC adhesive

Quick Reply: VPA or SMC adhesive