Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

how to treat interior raw or paint

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 08:33 AM
bigal883
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how to treat interior raw or paint

any suggestions on the bare glass inside the body? leave it natural for adhesive or primer. the well under seats were painted red as were the storage area where jack is. all else looks like raw glass. talking to painter this weekend. Al. pourch dog/dub??
Old 07-22-2016, 05:37 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

It really does not matter.

If you are going to glue something on it...then it can stay raw....and make sure the fiberglass is clean so the adhesive will stick.

If you are going to apply an adhesive backed product like DynaMat Extreme...leave it raw....and also make sure it is clean.

If some of these areas are visible...then paint those areas the color of your choosing after you prime them if they area is raw.

So it depends on what you want when the job is done. I will sometimes clean and paint the entire interior the body color....but that is usually due to the request of the owner becasue they want it that way...even though I am putting stuff over it.

I see no actual benefit of painting the raw fiberglass if the concerns of doing so are for some type of moisture preventative layer.

I will paint the entire inside of the doors (behind the door panels)...so when all the parts are installed...there is a nice contrast of the black and zinc bolts.

DUB
Old 07-23-2016, 07:38 AM
bigal883
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dub, from the pics i have seen that is what i was thinking. just wanted to confirm from somebody who does this kind of work. thanks again. Al

Get notified of new replies

To how to treat interior raw or paint

Quick Reply: how to treat interior raw or paint