Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

Low '02 Z06 Dyno Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Vadian
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Low '02 Z06 Dyno Numbers

Dyno numbers on my '02 EB Z06 are quite disappointing.
All pulls were done on a Dynojet 224x

May 5th, 2006
Mods: Blackwing Filter

Temps in the mid 90s
Best Pull: 327hp, 313tq

Sept 2nd, 2006
Mods: Blackwing Filter, TPIS Longtubes, Corsa X-pipe, NX Wet Kit, TR6 Plugs (gapped at .040")

Temps around 100F
Green: 330hp, 323tq (no spray)
Blue: 427hp, 453tq (100 shot, 52N/26F pills)
Red: 465hp, 500tq (150 shot, 62N/31F pills)

I've heard that these cars run very rich stock, but this rich is normal? AFRs were measured at the exhaust tip.

Only a gain of 3hp and 10tq from the longtubes and Xpipe?

Not sure what is with the hiccup between 3100-3500rpm. But the fluke on the green line was the wideband falling out of the exhaust.

Any thoughts?
Old 09-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Wake Champ
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tune?
Old 09-04-2006, 11:39 PM
OutlawDon
Drifting

Something's wrong with your ride. The baseline and modded numbers are very low. Was the recent dyno graphed corrected? Get a tune....car's is running super rich.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:44 PM
David426
Safety Car

Received 130 Likes on 39 Posts

Look up in the far right hand corner of the Dyno chart. The first Graph shows SAE Uncorrected numbers. Smoothing 5.. Those numbers uncorrected at 95 degrees and 25% Humidity are about right. Why did the Tuner not run a SAE corrected calibration?? WTF??!! The second Graph done shows STD calibration.. These should have both been done with the SAE Calibration.. We are comparing apples to oranges here.. This is a real good example of why peoples horsepower and torque numbers are so different and then we wonder if the guy is lying or exaggerating when posting his numbers or weather something is wrong with the tuning or his engine when the numbers are low. When we can't see the graph or a different type of Dyno machine is used we really don't know what the true numbers are. If you take a look at some of the members dyno results this winter, I bet you a Borla exhaust system you see some really good numbers on this Forum, because some tuner did not use corrected numbers Go back to the same guy that did the 1st Dyno test when the temp is 40 degrees and little or no humidity and see what it dynos then.. 350 rwhp would be my guess. Nothing is wrong with your ride. Its the tech running the dynojet that is wrong with his calibrations. SAE Corrected Calibration adjusts for high humidity and temperatures as well as density altitude. Every tuner should use the same calibration. This again is why we see numbers all over the chart Thanks for posting those graphs. They make a great example for all of us to see the inconsistancies of a dyno pull even if its on the same type of machine.. Don'y worry Vadian. I would consider finding another speed shop with a more knowlegable tech.. Just my .02 cents Your car be fine bro

Last edited by David426; 09-06-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:37 AM
David426
Safety Car

Received 130 Likes on 39 Posts

Something is out of whack on the Air/fuel
Old 09-08-2006, 10:00 AM
C5XTASY
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by David426
Look up in the far right hand corner of the Dyno chart. The first Graph shows SAE Uncorrected numbers. Smoothing 5.. Those numbers uncorrected at 95 degrees and 25% Humidity are about right. Why did the Tuner not run a SAE corrected calibration?? WTF??!! The second Graph done shows STD calibration.. These should have both been done with the SAE Calibration.. We are comparing apples to oranges here.. This is a real good example of why peoples horsepower and torque numbers are so different and then we wonder if the guy is lying or exaggerating when posting his numbers or weather something is wrong with the tuning or his engine when the numbers are low. When we can't see the graph or a different type of Dyno machine is used we really don't know what the true numbers are. If you take a look at some of the members dyno results this winter, I bet you a Borla exhaust system you see some really good numbers on this Forum, because some tuner did not use corrected numbers Go back to the same guy that did the 1st Dyno test when the temp is 40 degrees and little or no humidity and see what it dynos then.. 350 rwhp would be my guess. Nothing is wrong with your ride. Its the tech running the dynojet that is wrong with his calibrations. SAE Corrected Calibration adjusts for high humidity and temperatures as well as density altitude. Every tuner should use the same calibration. This again is why we see numbers all over the chart Thanks for posting those graphs. They make a great example for all of us to see the inconsistancies of a dyno pull even if its on the same type of machine.. Don'y worry Vadian. I would consider finding another speed shop with a more knowlegable tech.. Just my .02 cents Your car be fine bro

I agree that something is out of whack on the A/F ratio, and, also what he said about dyno runs. I pay absoutely no attention to anyone's claimed numbers, unless it's noted that they are SAE corrected and smoothed. There's a lot of BS on this Forum, some intentional, and some not. Also, I believe some tuners intentionally mislead customers by playing with correction factors (or the lack thereof). It makes them look good. Find a trustworthy, knowledgeable tuner.
Ed
Old 09-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Dyno Dan
Racer

David426 and C5x are speaking proper.
You should be able to go back to that tuner (if he keeps his files) and he can print out or show you SAE on those same runs.
It has always irritated me when tuners do this crap.
I can't see (maybe my screen) what colors the AFR are, but I think it just gets richer the more you spray, which is normal - but that aint what a tuned AFR graph looks like by any stretch.
Good luck, and if you would ever need any dyno ?s answered, feel free to call - I'll do my best
Old 09-14-2006, 05:24 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

sae 357.9 stock 02, yeah those numbers look liks ls-1#s
Old 09-14-2006, 08:25 PM
ksett
Racer

I would take your car to a reputable shop and get it checked over and tuned. Based on your 2 graphs the after the LT numbers are actually lower than the base numbers. The first graph is uncorrected with the high heat and humidity which would have read higher if SAE corrected. The 2nd graph is using an STD correction factor which is always higher than an SAE correction factor. I would say you have other problems than just a tune.

Get notified of new replies

To Low '02 Z06 Dyno Numbers

Quick Reply: Low '02 Z06 Dyno Numbers