Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

Holding Car at Starting Line Brake Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 02:50 PM
chaase
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by DragMan
When I change bias spring I am changing fluid also. Is synthetic fluid better for pedal firmness than reg brake fluid?? I dont have braided hose's but may get them as I know they will firm up pedal some.
I don't know if it gives you a more firm pedal initially, but my understanding is that it holds up better to the heat and pressure. It should allow you to maintain pressure for a larger number of passes.

Isn't that one of the problems you were having...after xxx passes the pedal was softer and you were pushing through.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:32 AM
DragMan
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by chaase
I don't know if it gives you a more firm pedal initially, but my understanding is that it holds up better to the heat and pressure. It should allow you to maintain pressure for a larger number of passes.

Isn't that one of the problems you were having...after xxx passes the pedal was softer and you were pushing through.
no does it all the time. seams like lines and new fluid have helped it alot but have not tested it yet. Soon
Old 06-23-2009, 10:48 AM
chaase
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by DragMan
no does it all the time. seams like lines and new fluid have helped it alot but have not tested it yet. Soon
Keep us up to date.

Quick Reply: Holding Car at Starting Line Brake Questions!