Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

drag wheel backspacing

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:16 AM
mAydAy121
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default drag wheel backspacing

I'm going to have some drag wheels made up, I've taken a few measurements, but before I placed the order I wanted to hear what backspacing other people are running on their C5's (without minitubs)

Thanks
Old 07-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Great question. However you have to know rim width to determine the minimum back spacing. So what size rim are you going to run? What rims are you using? You know the barrel can not be stamped/tapperd on a C5/C6 due to the ball joint? CCW is the only wheel i've seen with the perfect back spacing. Bogart typically sits a little to far out IMO. Good luck with your wheels though!
Old 07-09-2010, 09:50 AM
mAydAy121
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10

Looking for a ~11" wheel in 16" dia. Backspacing, unlike offset, should be (for the purposes of cramming in a wide wheel) the same for whatever width since its determined by the inner wheel well. My best guess is that the Bogarts poke because most of them are only available in a maximum of 7.375" backspace which appears to not be quite enough for these cars

There is some room for some slight taper with some grinding on the spindles (you can get some Camaro 16"s up on there with some grinding). I'm going to get all of my measurements together and send them off to Diamond and see if their barrels will clear.

Last edited by mAydAy121; 07-09-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Rim width 11in

Thats dimensions I would give and be pretty close. Might need a little more back spacing. I can measure my ccw 16x11 when I get home. Unless you want to buy them?
Old 07-09-2010, 11:03 AM
mAydAy121
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Fartpipe
Rim width 11in

Thats dimensions I would give and be pretty close. Might need a little more back spacing. I can measure my ccw 16x11 when I get home. Unless you want to buy them?
Thanks

I just found your FS thread, I'm becoming tempted, just have to source some front runners. I'll try and price some stuff out and PM you about it this afternoon/evening.

Get notified of new replies

To drag wheel backspacing

Quick Reply: drag wheel backspacing