Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

I Put my car on the DYNO

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 02:59 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Default I Put my car on the DYNO

Ok, so some of you guy's who hang out in the C5 FI section may know that I recently purchased a blown C5 Z from Corvetteadk (Aaron) it was originally Chaidan's (clekchaum) car and it was tuned by Bret (Blownbluezo6) The dyno operator/engine builder was quite impressed with Brets tuning ability the AFR was spot on 12.0 :1 and actually richened up to 11.5 :1 from 5K RPM all the way to redline. Now, when I bought the car, I was sent dyno graphs from a dyno Jet and they showed 684 WHP and 612 WTQ.

Before we strapped the car to the dyno, the service manager asked me what was done to the car and what kind of power did I expect it to make, I told him what was done to the car and he told me that he thought I was going to make about 520 WHP. I just smiled. When it belted out the numbers, he looked at me and said, "you knew my numbers were way off." I was like maybe. LOL

Todays runs were on a dynojet as well and the numbers were considerably lower we got a peak of 632 WHP and 587 WTQ. However, I'm not disappointed because one the car is smokin fast and two, different dyno's give different numbers.

For ****s and giggles the guy made a pull in third gear and it just lit the tires up on the dyno.

The owner of the shop was in the show room and heard the car wrap up on the dyno he came out to the shop floor looking and said who's car is that? I said it's mine sir. he said, G Damn! I heard that thing wind up and I was like holy $hit! who's car is on my dyno? that thing sounds nasty. When he looked at the screen and saw the power numbers his eyes got real big

I went in there and had them fix some issues with the car, i.e. small oil leak, meth tank leak and a couple other minor issues. The engine builder there was impressed with LME and thier quality of engine work, he said to me that he's had a few of thier LSx engines come through his shop and all have been top notch and that mine was no exception.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:16 AM
Jay_Rich
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice numbers man! How much boost?

Jay
Old 03-03-2011, 07:15 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Congrats good #'s. How much boost? She's probably fun out on the mexican mile. Now go to the track and letter eat!
Old 03-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Slow Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-03-2011, 03:29 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Jay_Rich
Nice numbers man! How much boost?

Jay
about 10 or 11 psi boost.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:26 PM
stryderss
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

meh those numbers ok mike, i guess you got some work to do now LOL
Old 03-05-2011, 05:32 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by stryderss
meh those numbers ok mike, i guess you got some work to do now LOL
I know right as if the capability to destroy tires from first through third gear isnt enough. lol

Get notified of new replies

To I Put my car on the DYNO

Quick Reply: I Put my car on the DYNO