Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > Performance Results
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Performance Results
Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 01-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
01VetteVert
CF Senior Member

Default Another Guess MY HP and 1/4 mile time!

Hello everyone,
Long story short, I love cars, not matter what they are. I recently was given a 2001 corvette as bonus from my boss, he moved into a C6 that has blower, and was built nice atomic orange, to match his 69 he has. So he gave me his 2001 with only 21k miles. Itís a Vert, with z51 package, and 3:15 gear options. Itís an auto. I truly love this car, I am into racing and have a 10 hope this year with the chnages I am making to be 9 second Mustang. So I donít need this thing to be a drag car, I drive it a lot, anytime itís not raining or snowing. I enjoy it so much, Its light years ahead of my mustang in all around enjoyment.

Now that you know my life story I have some questions

My current Mods are
  • ECS mail tune,
  • Breathless performance Vortex Rammer Cold Air System
  • Corsa Cat back
  • 160 or 180 stat I forget now, I got it with the tune from ECS
Thatís all I have now- It moves pretty good, I was surprised how fast it is actually, but like I said I love cars, so that didnít last long for me to ďbe enoughĒ. So a guy at work gave me for free a set of 243 heads with upgraded valve springs. So I took full advantage of that, I didnít just slap it on. So here is what else I bought.
  • I sent the heads out to Texas speed, had them port and Polish, with valve Job, and shave the heads for higher compression.
  • I had a custom cam done by Pat G- So I could keep my stock converter, and keep that low end snappiness it has stock. Here are the specs 222/226 .597Ē/.605Ē 114LSA +4 advance
  • Power XS long tube headers with xpipe and high flow cats
  • Under Driver pulley
  • Going to send out the intake and throttle body to RKT56 in the next week or 2.
  • Rocker Torsion mod ( I am sure I spelled that wrong)
  • Push Rods- I needed shorter ones because of the heads being shaved.
  • Ls7 lifters- Mine as well while its torn apart
  • ECS tuning the hell out of my car 

I know many people will be like man, why did you spend all the money and not get a bigger cam, and get a stall, and switch gears. #1. I am a weird. #2 I have a stalled fast race car, one is enough, and I want this thing to drive exactly like it does now, just have more power, when I lay into her. I might only ever race her at the track a few times just to see what it does, thatís it. #3- Money, I donít have enough to the stall and gears, I wanted it done for this summer. This was the only way. If I hate it and want more, then Iíll have to get new cam, and then go from there.

So now FINALLY my questions, and I donít expect exact just very curious, itís my first LS1, If you had a mustang told me all your mods, I could rattle off about how much HP, and ľ you would run.

1. About how much HP will I have- Form my reading, I think I will have about 380whp.
  2. Whatís the guess on the ľ times ? I say with a great tire, Mid to low 12ís?
  3. I was thinking about also getting an electric water pump, is it worth it? I would hate to be at 397whp, and know if I did the pump I would have hit 400 LOL. Has anyone had it on their street car before?

Thanks for reading my long post, I know I talk a lot, I just love this car. I wish I had it before the stang, Hell I might sell the stang next year and go to town on this car
01VetteVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
baezi z06
CF Senior Member

Bśring Jůn Skarphťūinsson
Send a message via MSN to baezi z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01VetteVert View Post
Hello everyone,
Long story short, I love cars, not matter what they are. I recently was given a 2001 corvette as bonus from my boss, he moved into a C6 that has blower, and was built nice atomic orange, to match his 69 he has. So he gave me his 2001 with only 21k miles. Itís a Vert, with z51 package, and 3:15 gear options. Itís an auto. I truly love this car, I am into racing and have a 10 hope this year with the chnages I am making to be 9 second Mustang. So I donít need this thing to be a drag car, I drive it a lot, anytime itís not raining or snowing. I enjoy it so much, Its light years ahead of my mustang in all around enjoyment.

Now that you know my life story I have some questions

My current Mods are
  • ECS mail tune,
  • Breathless performance Vortex Rammer Cold Air System
  • Corsa Cat back
  • 160 or 180 stat I forget now, I got it with the tune from ECS
Thatís all I have now- It moves pretty good, I was surprised how fast it is actually, but like I said I love cars, so that didnít last long for me to ďbe enoughĒ. So a guy at work gave me for free a set of 243 heads with upgraded valve springs. So I took full advantage of that, I didnít just slap it on. So here is what else I bought.
  • I sent the heads out to Texas speed, had them port and Polish, with valve Job, and shave the heads for higher compression.
  • I had a custom cam done by Pat G- So I could keep my stock converter, and keep that low end snappiness it has stock. Here are the specs 222/226 .597Ē/.605Ē 114LSA +4 advance
  • Power XS long tube headers with xpipe and high flow cats
  • Under Driver pulley
  • Going to send out the intake and throttle body to RKT56 in the next week or 2.
  • Rocker Torsion mod ( I am sure I spelled that wrong)
  • Push Rods- I needed shorter ones because of the heads being shaved.
  • Ls7 lifters- Mine as well while its torn apart
  • ECS tuning the hell out of my car 

I know many people will be like man, why did you spend all the money and not get a bigger cam, and get a stall, and switch gears. #1. I am a weird. #2 I have a stalled fast race car, one is enough, and I want this thing to drive exactly like it does now, just have more power, when I lay into her. I might only ever race her at the track a few times just to see what it does, thatís it. #3- Money, I donít have enough to the stall and gears, I wanted it done for this summer. This was the only way. If I hate it and want more, then Iíll have to get new cam, and then go from there.

So now FINALLY my questions, and I donít expect exact just very curious, itís my first LS1, If you had a mustang told me all your mods, I could rattle off about how much HP, and ľ you would run.

1. About how much HP will I have- Form my reading, I think I will have about 380whp.
  2. Whatís the guess on the ľ times ? I say with a great tire, Mid to low 12ís?
  3. I was thinking about also getting an electric water pump, is it worth it? I would hate to be at 397whp, and know if I did the pump I would have hit 400 LOL. Has anyone had it on their street car before?

Thanks for reading my long post, I know I talk a lot, I just love this car. I wish I had it before the stang, Hell I might sell the stang next year and go to town on this car

iīd say +400rwhp and should go 12īs whith that stall and gear even low 12īs , all depends on how that setup work on the lower rpms.. and what you can get it fast (out of the hole) trap speed wil be 116-118 maby more

good luck

baezi
baezi z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
RonSSNova
CF Senior Member

The stock converter stalls at 1300....maybe.
so it's going to be lazy until about 3000rpm.

That will be the limiting factor.....

I think it could go high 11's though.

Ron

69 Nova Alum 5.3 S476 Turbo on E85
(Tuning underway 9.58 @ 145.34 so far)
6.12 @ 117.4 1/8 mile
RonSSNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
01VetteVert
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baezi z06 View Post
iīd say +400rwhp and should go 12īs whith that stall and gear even low 12īs , all depends on how that setup work on the lower rpms.. and what you can get it fast (out of the hole) trap speed wil be 116-118 maby more

good luck

baezi
Thanks- I was hoping for 400whp, that would be great if I hit that #.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
01VetteVert
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSSNova View Post
The stock converter stalls at 1300....maybe.
so it's going to be lazy until about 3000rpm.

That will be the limiting factor.....

I think it could go high 11's though.

Ron
11's would be freaking badass. One of my buddies who gave me the heads, he said he thinks I would be in the 11's also. If i hit 11's I might sell my stang He thinks I have a freak of a car, He has a 6.0 GTO, with exhaust, tune, and intake I think. That was a crazy close race, he said he can usally take auto C5's with bolt on's no problem. He is a good driver too.

I am new to LS1's and I wish I got into them before Mustangs pushrods LOL
Old 01-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #6
tblu92
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '13

Look at my car and my mods -- very similar to yours--I have apprx 400 RWHP and i estimate yours to be similar---I do have 3.42 gears--from a Z06 take-off and a 3000 stall
My guess is that you will have plenty of HP and traction will become your weak point
My cars best N/A is in the low 12's and that's with MT drag radials and a 3000 stall !! Hot calif day with average air density
With a stock 1300 stall and street tires don't expect to match that--and sorry 11's aren't realistic---
GOOD NEWS don'tbe afraid of Mustangs---Although on paper they make some higher HP numbers but at the track they just don't have enough TQ to be quick---I can't tell you how many "super 500 HP Mustangs " I've put on the trailer with my 400 RWHP C5 !!!
tblu92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:26 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > Performance Results
Reload this Page Another Guess MY HP and 1/4 mile time!