Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

Deja vu Fartpipe runs 11.53@123.50mph stock 06C6Z

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 10:24 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Default Deja vu Fartpipe runs 11.53@123.50mph stock 06C6Z

Well I picked up a 2006 C6Z06 DSOM thursday night and brought it home to PA. I had a few set backs and surprises with the car. I was able get home after work and fix it, wipe it down and head to the track. Its been almost a year since driving a stick vette so I was a little rusty to say the least. I took the car to Cecil County in all stock form right down to the factory run flats. Drove 1.5hours to the track let it cool for about 10minutes and I got antsy and made a pass. Air temps were at 80degrees but it was fairly low humidity.
First pass:
I remembered it was a fine... FINE line of clutch smoke and bogging or tire spin with the C6Z06 so I took it easy. I watched the lanes running down through and saw a lot of cars spinning bad. I tried to find a slick car to follow down with no luck. I pulled up and did a light tire cleaning burnout to the line. The coolant temps were at 205degrees before launch Revved the car to about 2000rpms and got off the clutch quickly to get it to grab and did a quick roll into the throttle. The car bogged down some and lightly spun top of 1st gear, hit 2nd gear and definitely spun a few revolutions at 7000rpm, hit 3rd gear with a light chirp of the tires and ran down through. I thought for sure I was going to make it to the end without shifting to 4th gear due to the outside temps and street tires. However i tagged the rev limiter about 20feet out. I quick pushed in the clutch and popped the car in neutral. To my surprise I was still able to manage this as my first run back in a C6Z06 on street tires on a non well prepped track in warm weather. The car had 3/8tank of fuel starting off. 2006 1LZ car with added navi.

60ft: 2.029
330ft: 5.251
1/8mi: 7.789
1/8mph: 97.25
1000ft: 9.938
1/4mi: 11.744
1/4mph: 123.14

Second pass:
I let the car cool down about 45minutes. I followed a small slick tire car to the line. I stayed in the same right lane. I spun the tires decently no braking or smoking and rolled it to the line. Coolant temp was at 199* on the launch. This time I raised the RPM to 3000rpm and came off the clutch a little quicker and rolled into the throttle about the same. The tires very lightly squeaked all of 1st gear, a quick shift to 2nd gear not a lot of spin but some again, another shift to 3rd gear and curiousity got the best of me so I short shifted to 4th gear at 6500rpm. In my mind I was wondering did it spin to much and slowed down but I knew the nose stayed up decent so it could've gone either way in my head. Outside temp is down to 77* at this point and still fairly low humidity.

60ft: 1.890-Best 60ft
330ft: 5.050
1/8mph: 97.65
1000ft: 9.719
1/4mi: 11.530-Best ET
1/4mph: 123.50

Third pass:
I was pretty stoked after the 2nd pass. I let the car cool down for a hour and its getting cooler outside. Now down to 72*deg but the track is going away traction wise. I pull up with the coolant temp at 172* at the line which is perfection for the C6Z06 IMO. I bring the RPMs up to 3000rpm and attempt the same launch technique used on the last run. The car lightly spun the tires all of 1st gear, then hit 2nd and spun enough it kicked out a little bit to the right. shift to 3rd gear and get another revolution of the tires a quick shift to 4th gear at 7000rpm and I could tell I had a bit more MPH on that run through the traps.

60ft: 2.049
330ft: 5.223
1/8mi: 7.718
1/8mph: 98.94-best mph
1000ft: 9.840
1/4mi: 11.628
1/4mph: 125.85-best mph

I thought that run was toast and wasn't hateful. It definitely showed the car had potential to run a low 11.4x or better on that pass type of pass with some traction. Overall I was pretty pleased with the car first time back in the saddle on street tires behind the powerful C6Z06 in stock form.

Funny or not notes: I purchased the car Thursday night 4hours away from home. I let my friend drive the car home minus the last 30minutes. I got the car home by 1:13am friday. I went to change the clutch fluid out as it was tar in the reservoir and the clutch felt troubled. I tried to pump the clutch pretty hard/fast once home in the garage checking things. POP!!!! Clutch pedal fell to the floor and wouldnt build pressure. The clutch master cylinder blew out its guts FML! I picked up a master cylinder at Chevy Friday over lunch. I cut out of work a hour early. I ran home swapped out the mastercylinder and pumped the pedal a bunch of times all appeared well. I wiped the car down quick and we took off to the track we went. So a total of 2hours of normal driving behind the wheel before taking it down the track. I thought for sure I was going to be running 12's in the heat, street tires and just to get accustomed to everything. My friend asked "now was that more fun running the C6Z06 that took a lot more skill and work to go fast than running your 9.4X at 150mph GTR?" I regrettfully had to reply the GTR was definitely more fun due to how fast it was LOL. Not the answer he was expecting but the truth.
I also must note I have no plans of doing all kinds of mods to the car or going for any records with the car. I'm just looking to have some fun at the track with friends and enjoy racing for a little while to help relieve some of lifes stresses. Happy to be back with all of you... but did I really ever leave???
<LOSER!

Old 06-21-2014, 11:22 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Who are you? And why are you posting C6Z crap in our friendly C5 community?

GTFO. We don't want you here...
Old 06-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Capthuff
Who are you? And why are you posting C6Z crap in our friendly C5 community?

GTFO. We don't want you here...
Sir I will be reporting you to the higher authorities (RobZ and Gary2004Z06) in regards to your IGNORANCE and HARRASSMENT!

Oh and maybe I should be asking the same question to you kind sir! Now some of the newbs are gonna look at this and go.... WHATTTTTT THEEEEE FUSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2014, 11:56 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Haha! Good to hear from you buddy! Hope to see you at the track sometime.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:59 PM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 759 Likes on 515 Posts

Nice to see your back in a vett
Old 06-21-2014, 08:13 PM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 322 Likes on 263 Posts

Good story. I enjoy you longtime buddies giving each other crap.
:-)

Ron
Old 06-22-2014, 08:10 AM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts

Great return
Old 06-22-2014, 10:27 AM
ZZOOM06
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 123sugey
Nice to see your back in a vett
I second that emotion!!!!!!!!! Good to see you back rowing the gears Bruce!

Jimbo
Old 06-22-2014, 12:02 PM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 335 Likes on 247 Posts

Car looks gorgeous Bruce. Nice passes in not optimal weather.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:05 PM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Bring it to MIR this year. I'll crew for you this time.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by GARY2004Z06
Bring it to MIR this year. I'll crew for you this time.
That sounds fair

I'm looking for a 17in wheel/tire set up 275/40/17 DRs to slap on.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:33 PM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Fartpipe
That sounds fair

Are we going to shoot for mid to end of November again ? I need to put in Vacation early because of the new job.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:20 AM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

That sounds fair

I have the wheels but need to locate some tires. I have the 315s with a few passes left in them but have not had 275s for awhile.
Originally Posted by pit-man
Are we going to shoot for mid to end of November again ? I need to put in Vacation early because of the new job.
Will be shooting for the 14th this year. I guess it's time to start that post. I'll give Jason a call today.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:09 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by pit-man
Uncle Gary sets those up luckily. I set the one up and it was a snow out!! Gary revoked my license after that. I wanted kick a baby kitten by the end of it with taking money,refunding money ugh.... lol!

I'm thinking I wont be keeping this car in the back of my mind as we all know. However curiousity may get the best of me with one thing. I was always curious if a 10.6X at 130mph was possible with a stock C6Z06 with a clutch and tune only. The clutch definitely holds the car back and so does the torque management.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:35 AM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

Well I picked up a 2006 C6Z06 DSOM thursday night and brought it home to PA. I had a few set backs and surprises with the car. I was able get home after work and fix it, wipe it down and head to the track. Its been almost a year since driving a stick vette so I was a little rusty to say the least. I took the car to Cecil County in all stock form right down to the factory run flats. Drove 1.5hours to the track let it cool for about 10minutes and I got antsy and made a pass. Air temps were at 80degrees but it was fairly low humidity.
First pass:
I remembered it was a fine... FINE line of clutch smoke and bogging or tire spin with the C6Z06 so I took it easy. I watched the lanes running down through and saw a lot of cars spinning bad. I tried to find a slick car to follow down with no luck. I pulled up and did a light tire cleaning burnout to the line. The coolant temps were at 205degrees before launch Revved the car to about 2000rpms and got off the clutch quickly to get it to grab and did a quick roll into the throttle. The car bogged down some and lightly spun top of 1st gear, hit 2nd gear and definitely spun a few revolutions at 7000rpm, hit 3rd gear with a light chirp of the tires and ran down through. I thought for sure I was going to make it to the end without shifting to 4th gear due to the outside temps and street tires. However i tagged the rev limiter about 20feet out. I quick pushed in the clutch and popped the car in neutral. To my surprise I was still able to manage this as my first run back in a C6Z06 on street tires on a non well prepped track in warm weather. The car had 3/8tank of fuel starting off. 2006 1LZ car with added navi.

60ft: 2.029
330ft: 5.251
1/8mph: 97.25
1000ft: 9.938
1/4mi: 11.744
1/4mph: 123.14

Second pass:
I let the car cool down about 45minutes. I followed a small slick tire car to the line. I stayed in the same right lane. I spun the tires decently no braking or smoking and rolled it to the line. Coolant temp was at 199* on the launch. This time I raised the RPM to 3000rpm and came off the clutch a little quicker and rolled into the throttle about the same. The tires very lightly squeaked all of 1st gear, a quick shift to 2nd gear not a lot of spin but some again, another shift to 3rd gear and curiousity got the best of me so I short shifted to 4th gear at 6500rpm. In my mind I was wondering did it spin to much and slowed down but I knew the nose stayed up decent so it could've gone either way in my head. Outside temp is down to 77* at this point and still fairly low humidity.

60ft: 1.890-Best 60ft
330ft: 5.050
1/8mph: 97.65
1000ft: 9.719
1/4mi: 11.530-Best ET
1/4mph: 123.50

Third pass:
I was pretty stoked after the 2nd pass. I let the car cool down for a hour and its getting cooler outside. Now down to 72*deg but the track is going away traction wise. I pull up with the coolant temp at 172* at the line which is perfection for the C6Z06 IMO. I bring the RPMs up to 3000rpm and attempt the same launch technique used on the last run. The car lightly spun the tires all of 1st gear, then hit 2nd and spun enough it kicked out a little bit to the right. shift to 3rd gear and get another revolution of the tires a quick shift to 4th gear at 7000rpm and I could tell I had a bit more MPH on that run through the traps.

60ft: 2.049
330ft: 5.223
1/8mi: 7.718
1/8mph: 98.94-best mph
1000ft: 9.840
1/4mi: 11.628
1/4mph: 125.85-best mph

I thought that run was toast and wasn't hateful. It definitely showed the car had potential to run a low 11.4x or better on that pass type of pass with some traction. Overall I was pretty pleased with the car first time back in the saddle on street tires behind the powerful C6Z06 in stock form.

Funny or not notes: I purchased the car Thursday night 4hours away from home. I let my friend drive the car home minus the last 30minutes. I got the car home by 1:13am friday. I went to change the clutch fluid out as it was tar in the reservoir and the clutch felt troubled. I tried to pump the clutch pretty hard/fast once home in the garage checking things. POP!!!! Clutch pedal fell to the floor and wouldnt build pressure. The clutch master cylinder blew out its guts FML! I picked up a master cylinder at Chevy Friday over lunch. I cut out of work a hour early. I ran home swapped out the mastercylinder and pumped the pedal a bunch of times all appeared well. I wiped the car down quick and we took off to the track we went. So a total of 2hours of normal driving behind the wheel before taking it down the track. I thought for sure I was going to be running 12's in the heat, street tires and just to get accustomed to everything. My friend asked "now was that more fun running the C6Z06 that took a lot more skill and work to go fast than running your 9.4X at 150mph GTR?" I regrettfully had to reply the GTR was definitely more fun due to how fast it was LOL. Not the answer he was expecting but the truth.
I also must note I have no plans of doing all kinds of mods to the car or going for any records with the car. I'm just looking to have some fun at the track with friends and enjoy racing for a little while to help relieve some of lifes stresses. Happy to be back with all of you... but did I really ever leave???
<LOSER!

Why sweat all the details? They don't mean much.
Just drive it like someone may have reported it stolen.
You would have went much more faster if you powershifted every
gear and launched higher and were much more aggressive like with dads' car.
Next time put the biggest/widest slick tires that will fit like 30" and run them in single digit tire pressures and you will see how fast these cars can go. My buddy did and wheels up but he has 2 tons of experience.
Keep posted to us and grow sum nads next time out at the course.
Just a fellow racer givin you much needed advice you need help for.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:57 AM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Lmao...
Old 06-23-2014, 11:35 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by robz
Why sweat all the details? They don't mean much.
Just drive it like someone may have reported it stolen.
You would have went much more faster if you powershifted every
gear and launched higher and were much more aggressive like with dads' car.
Next time put the biggest/widest slick tires that will fit like 30" and run them in single digit tire pressures and you will see how fast these cars can go. My buddy did and wheels up but he has 2 tons of experience.
Keep posted to us and grow sum nads next time out at the course.
Just a fellow racer givin you much needed advice you need help for.
Thank you RobZ I appreciate your well experienced novice racing knowledge as always.
I was thinking about running the car again with a full tank of gas as this will enable more traction.
With a much more aggressive launch the car will definitely go faster I agree.
I'm going to put the runflats down to about 15psi next time out aswell. Should hook much better with them set to kill.
I'm going to wax the entire car with a special wax I saw on a infomercial.
As for the biggest drag radials, thats definitely the easiest route to going fast.
However a friend of mines brother told me that he was cutting 1.5's on street tires with his C6Z06 and he just rode the clutch out some. Worked everytime 60% of the time.
I'm just learning the ropes here. So any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Get notified of new replies

To Deja vu Fartpipe runs 11.53@123.50mph stock 06C6Z

Old 06-23-2014, 03:29 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

Thank you RobZ I appreciate your well experienced novice racing knowledge as always.
I was thinking about running the car again with a full tank of gas as this will enable more traction.
With a much more aggressive launch the car will definitely go faster I agree.
I'm going to put the runflats down to about 15psi next time out aswell. Should hook much better with them set to kill.
I'm going to wax the entire car with a special wax I saw on a infomercial.
As for the biggest drag radials, thats definitely the easiest route to going fast.
However a friend of mines brother told me that he was cutting 1.5's on street tires with his C6Z06 and he just rode the clutch out some. Worked everytime 60% of the time.
I'm just learning the ropes here. So any and all input is greatly appreciated.
Makes sense except for the for the "just learning" part. You sound like a pro.
And text me the name of that wax so I can shed a tenth.

... I hope no one tries this
Old 06-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by robz
Makes sense except for the for the "just learning" part. You sound like a pro.
And text me the name of that wax so I can shed a tenth.
... I hope GARY2004Z06 tries thishide::
I'm far from a pro Mr.RobZ. I'm a rookie unlike most of the people in here.
I'm thinking about having my tuner make this sucker lean and mean with as much timing as leaded gasoline will take. Going to remove the windshield wipers that sit below the hood to reduce wind resistance, tape up the openings on the front and back end. This should gain me atleast 1-2mph. Thats what the 1 mile guys do. Also going to make sure the car is stone cold before running it again. Just fire it up at the line and go ***** to walls.... should be good for atleast .001-.0005 range.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:45 PM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I hope GARY2004Z06 tries this. I'm far from a pro Mr.RobZ. I'm a rookie unlike most of the people in here.
I'm thinking about having my tuner make this sucker lean and mean with as much timing as leaded gasoline will take. Going to remove the windshield wipers that sit below the hood to reduce wind resistance, tape up the openings on the front and back end. This should gain me atleast 1-2mph. Thats what the 1 mile guys do. Also going to make sure the car is stone cold before running it again. Just fire it up at the line and go ***** to walls.... should be good for atleast .001-.0005 range.
SHHHHHHHHHHH. Don't give away any secrets.

Quick Reply: Deja vu Fartpipe runs 11.53@123.50mph stock 06C6Z