Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

130 1/8th mile trap speeds?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 01:41 PM
scott5
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Shoaf has also been 129 in his turbo car and more likely be over 130 this year possibly 4sec range and he dynod around 970ish
Old 03-06-2017, 10:53 PM
smokinstorm
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by scott5
I'm shooting for 5.5s and your shooting for 130s so it seems our goals are pretty close. The local vettes around here and there will be a few that will be close if not do it this year. Ahmad's new C6, terry Faust went 126 in testing last month in a full weight c5z, Chris in his c6z might be close. I can't remember how close Johnathen was in his c6z but those are both 6speed cars.. I can't remember what Brett did in his TT GS at Zmax but that prep was horrible.. Can it be done yea with the right combo, but it take the $$$$$$$.. Heck LSX c5z was one of the fastest radial cars in the world *cough Keith berry* lol I have been thinking this over and over about selling my vette and going to different platform but just can't lol..

And I'm pretty sure I know the mustang you speak of haha... Some of the cars I mentioned will be at the Boostfab series races and will always help out with the combos.
I didn't mention an ET goal but I sure hope we can run 5.5's. Really, I hope we can run some 5.30's but that's pushing it considering the car still has a 4l60e in it. We are getting light now, though. We could run 5.6x last year in great air with 300 less horsepower and 100 more pounds over the front end of the car. I wish it was just one Mustang doing this. Now I've got 4 to contend with all running 5.40's or quicker. Pesky critters! And then there are those two that Mo Makki has out of Florida. I was at MIR and watched the orange one run 8.0's @ ~170. Man, those cars have stupid power when boosted. Where's Stephen Shoaf when you need him???? Both Stephen and John from Kernersville with the mega power orange C6 have been helping me. John has actually been selling me his old parts for almost free in order to help me get there. I'm not sure I can get to where John or Stephen is, power-wise, this year but I'm going to push the little 9" housing F1-A like I did the P1SC-1 and see what happens. I mean, honestly, who would have thought a basic setup P1SC-1 supercharger would push a street driven C5 to an 8 second 1/4 mile and that was on a terible launch? Not many I'm sure. I just hope the magic continues with the F1-A. I'm working on Procharger to see if they're willing to do anything for me on an F1-A 94 but it's kinda like beating one's head against a very large brick wall. I feel like the end result is the same either way. Nothing to show for it and you've got a nasty headache. I'm going to stay in touch with Stephen and might just hit a Boostfab event when he's going to be there.
BTW, you mentioned Ahmad's new C6. I thought it was going to run something like 140 or better?????? No idea really but I thought it was a max effort TT drag car with a zillion horsepower???? Sorry if I'm way out in left field here.

Last edited by smokinstorm; 03-07-2017 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:13 AM
scott5
Instructor

More than likely he will be, I am actually heading to his shop in the am(shoaf). I was just throwing out Ahmad's car as one who should be making the MPH that your looking for. And I was talking bout me running the time not you.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:17 AM
scott5
Instructor

Terry Faust car built by Heintz racing has a very similar build to you now that he has same blower I believe and he is on a level X 4L60

Quick Reply: 130 1/8th mile trap speeds?