Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 07-04-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
EuroRod
CF Senior Member

Default Steve McNair, RIP

Steve McNair was shot and killed today in Nashville. No details except the incident was at his Nashville home, and a second person, female, was also reportedly found dead from a gunshot. Steve was at the resturant at the marina where I keep my boat until 10-ish last night, and seemed to be in a great mood. Sad, sad, sad.
EuroRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
RetiredSFC 97
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

I just heard this WTF. Going to be interesting to see what this was about. What a shame.
RetiredSFC 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
Platoface
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '11

waiting on details...
Platoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #4
'06 Quicksilver Z06
CF Senior Member

Found dead at his girlfriend's place according to CNN.

One of his former body guards couldn't get ahold of him and decided to go over to her place/condo, found them both dead and called the cops.

Talk is he may have been murdered last night, early this morning. Cops notified at around 1:30 PM July 4th and went to the scene. Identified McNair at around 3:45PM (one of the cops stated on condition of anonymity). Girl's name not being released until notification of NOK.

Sounds like a 20 year old girl from some of the other reports.

Connect the dots.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 07-05-2009 at 12:10 AM.
'06 Quicksilver Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #5
Matter
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Well, ****. That ruined the day. Total class act.
Matter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
war
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: emerald lawns, saphire pools, presbyterian charities

Steve McNair shot to death
Former Titans QB dead at age 36

By Nate Rau and Ken Whitehouse

07-04-2009 3:18 PM
Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair, 36, and an unnamed woman, have been found dead in downtown Nashville.

The pair died of apparent gunshots wounds and were found in an apartment near the old General Hospital on Rolling Mill Hill. The woman, sources say, was approximately 20 years of age.

While details are sketchy at this time, NashvillePost.com sources say that the scene could be double homicide, a murder/suicide, or made to look like a murder/suicide. Metro Police said they have identified the woman, but are not releasing her name until the family has been notified.

The quarterback played 13 seasons with the Titans/Houston Oilers and was a three-time Pro Bowler. He was the NFL's co-MVP (along with Peyton Manning) in 2003, before spending two seasons with the Baltimore Ravens.

"He was one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans," Titans owner Bud Adams said in a statement. "He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl."

McNair is survived by sons, Junior, Steven, Tyler, and Trenton.
war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #7
EuroRod
CF Senior Member

Police are now reporting that the condo where McNair was found belonged to his girlfriend, however they have still not released the females name, so, right now, we still are not sure if the dead female was, in fact, the girlfriend. Also, someone was taken away in a police car for questioning downtown.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #8
VETTRLZ
CF Senior Member

Man that sucks.

RIP, Steve.
VETTRLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:07 AM   #9
'06 Quicksilver Z06
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroRod View Post
Police are now reporting that the condo where McNair was found belonged to his girlfriend, however they have still not released the females name, so, right now, we still are not sure if the dead female was, in fact, the girlfriend. Also, someone was taken away in a police car for questioning downtown.
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...Kazemi+killed+

This looks bad.

Looks like a murder /suicide, but they haven't ruled out anything at this time.

I wonder if they have any interest in the ex boyfriend, who was with her for 4 years prior, which would take her back to 16yrs old.

Finally, if what you say above is true, then you actually may have been one of the last people to see McNair alive.

They think McNair went to the condo at around 1:30AM.

Either she popped McNair and then popped herself, or someone else popped him as he slept on the couch (perhaps the ex boyfriend in cahoots with her) and then turned around and did her, and left the gun near her to make it look like a murder/suicide.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:49 AM   #10
SteelCityBlue
CF Senior Member

Is this the blonde girl from the Corner pub in green hills?
SteelCityBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:32 AM   #11
neveroffline
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Send a message via AIM to neveroffline Send a message via MSN to neveroffline Send a message via Yahoo to neveroffline

It looks like a murder suicide, but damn. I was sickened by this when I saw it. I dislike Dante and Donovan as McNair was more of a QB to me. They got all the attention until now.

Saw Steve last on Pros vs Joes.
neveroffline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:13 AM   #12
EuroRod
CF Senior Member

They have identified the female as 20 year old Shael Kaemi. She had recently relocated to Nashville, and was living in a downtown condo leased by McNair. The pair were also caught last Thursday speeding in an Escalade, registered in both their names.. Kaemi was sited with a DUI. Ironically the arresting Officer was the same man that arrested McNair a few years back for DUI. The evidence is pointing toward a murder/suicide. McNair shot several times. Kaemi shot once in the head, the weapon by her side. Sad.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:51 AM   #13
'06 Quicksilver Z06
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroRod View Post
They have identified the female as 20 year old Shael Kaemi. She had recently relocated to Nashville, and was living in a downtown condo leased by McNair. The pair were also caught last Thursday speeding in an Escalade, registered in both their names.. Kaemi was sited with a DUI. Ironically the arresting Officer was the same man that arrested McNair a few years back for DUI. The evidence is pointing toward a murder/suicide. McNair shot several times. Kaemi shot once in the head, the weapon by her side. Sad.
They don't know yet if this is the same woman, but apparently, earlier that same day, a woman had threatened McNair's life for slipping her a date rape drug approximately a year ago.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/20..._mcnairs_death

http://sportsbybrooks.com/sahel-kaze...rlfriend-24862

Someone posted up: "This is a honor killing. The woman is Iranian. Her facebook account is entirely made up of Iranian friends. Steve is a man in good shape, the police have not mentioned forced entry or if anything was missing. My money is on someone was let in, they shot Steve and then executed the girl. Left the untraceable gun next to her and split. This was a planed (sic) honor killing. IMHO"

I don't know why, but I'm thinking the same thing and I keep coming back to this ex boyfriend. He says a couple things in his newspaper interview which suggest to me that he knows more than what he is telling, AND still had feelings for this girl. If not him, then possibly someone from the girl's family.

I just don't see the girl popping Steve several times, (overkill) and then saving a bullet for herself. Its too "neat". And that many shots, how come nobody heard anything, which apparently they didn't, because the cops were not summoned until several hours later after the bodies were discovered by McNair's friend that afternoon.

This could have been the work of, if not an outright "professional", then certainly someone who wasn't stupid.

They popped the girl on general principles and because they couldn't leave her around to run her mouth.

The above theories are just my guess.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 07-05-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:55 AM   #14
VITE1
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: SalemNH/Port St Lucie FL Life is hard, Then you die, NH USA
Send a message via Skype™ to VITE1

VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #15
9secondflat
CF Senior Member

man...these high profile people are dropping like flys in the past few weeks...kind of makes you wonder....
9secondflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #16
540 vette
CF Senior Member

From what I read he was still married and not divorced.

I guess if he was at home with his family and not out phucking around his forehead would still be intact.
540 vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #17
Mr D.
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540 vette View Post
From what I read he was still married and not divorced.

I guess if he was at home with his family and not out phucking around his forehead would still be intact.
Mr D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #18
Dave1
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09

Oh man.........

I remember him when he began as a Houston Oiler....

Such a waste........
Dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #19
540 vette
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
Oh man.........

I remember him when he began as a Houston Oiler....

Such a waste........

Why is it a waste he was just a person that played football, he didn't find the cure for cancer or heart disease. It amazes me how people put sports figures and entertainers up on cloud. It's horrible for his family that he was murdered but he was nothing special.
540 vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #20
Mr D.
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540 vette View Post
Why is it a waste he was just a person that played football, he didn't find the cure for cancer or heart disease. It amazes me how people put sports figures and entertainers up on cloud. It's horrible for his family that he was murdered but he was nothing special.
He is just another statistic: A black man with zero family values ends up dead.
Mr D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:39 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page Steve McNair, RIP

Tags
family, kaemi, kazemi, mcnair, shael, steve