Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 04-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
American Raven
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default The Terrorists of the TSA Strikes Again.

http://boingboing.net/2012/04/23/95-...nd-85-yea.html

Omer Petti is a 95-year-old USAF veteran with artificial knees and a heart condition. Madge Woodward, his partner, has an artificial hip. They recently flew home to Detroit from San Diego, and were humiliated and robbed at the San Diego airport TSA checkpoint. The metal in their bodies set off the TSA magnetometer, and Petti was instructed to put his $300 in cash in a bin. Then he was further detained when a swab detected the nitroglycerin residue from his heart pills. He and Woodward were subjected to humiliating patdowns, and then discovered that their $300 had gone missing. When Petti asked where his money had gone, the TSA agent required he and Woodward to remove their shoes again and empty out their pockets, and asked if they were "refusing his request" when they objected. The TSA manager checked the security footage, but reported that it was "too blurry" to see what had happened to the money. The two elderly people were loaded into their wheelchairs and taken to their plane at full tilt, barely making it. They never got their money back.

"Can you imagine an 85-year-old lady and 95-year-old retired Air Force Major in wheelchairs being treated like terrorists?" Petti asked recently sitting in the kitchen of the Bloomfield Township home he shares with Woodward.

On March 29 Petti and Woodward arrived at the San Diego International airport at 10 a.m. for a flight scheduled to leave at 11:36 a.m. As usual, Petti and Woodward removed their shoes, jackets and sweaters and put these along with their other belongings — belt buckles, carry on bags, purse and jewelry, including Petti's money clip — into a total of four rubber bins.

Petti says a security officer asked him to remove Kleenex and $300 in folded bills that he had in his pocket and send it through the detector. "I hesitated and said: 'You really want me to put my bills in there?' " Petti said. The officer said yes, so Petti put the cash into a fifth bin. Then he and Woodward proceeded through the metal detector.

Beyond Disgusting.

1979 Corvette. ZZ4 Performance Engine. Alpine sound system. Twin Turbo hood. True dual cat-back 2.5 inch exhaust system with Flowmaster Series 50 Delta Flow Mufflers. Viper Keyless Entry and Keyless engine start. Auto dimming rear view mirror with Homelink garage opener.
American Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
pewter99
Auctioneer Administrator
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
I believe in the Beer Fairy
Support Corvetteforum!

flying on Friday..can't wait...
pewter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
American Raven
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewter99 View Post
Hope you like ***-play. Some of those goons really love the "enhanced searches".

1979 Corvette. ZZ4 Performance Engine. Alpine sound system. Twin Turbo hood. True dual cat-back 2.5 inch exhaust system with Flowmaster Series 50 Delta Flow Mufflers. Viper Keyless Entry and Keyless engine start. Auto dimming rear view mirror with Homelink garage opener.
American Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
Yamoto
CF Senior Member

If a terrorist's goal is to gut our freedom, it sure as chit looks like they did win.

Absolutely despicable. I don't know about you guys, but I am always terrified of 95 year old men trying to kill me.
Yamoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
73sbvert
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09
Support Corvetteforum!

Send a message via AIM to 73sbvert

I always hold my cash, ticket and ID in my hands while going through the scanners. Never been challenged yet.

This is yet another example of PC and gov't run functions. They F'k up EVERYTHING they touch.

It's no wonder that more airports, more airlines are getting rid of TSA and bringing in their own security, which is how it SHOULD be.

Freaking idiots.
73sbvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
Marine_Marauder
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73sbvert View Post
how it SHOULD be.
You mean, "Like it was".
Marine_Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
jaa1992
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
James Anderson
Send a message via MSN to jaa1992

I hate San Diego Airport - 90% of the time everyone has to go through the backscatter you need an hour just to get through security.

Doesn't surprise me they lost some of their stuff. Thats why my wallet has maybe $40 in it and is buried in my carry on bag.

Those TSA goons need to go!
jaa1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
Marine_Marauder
CF Senior Member

For some of you, getting to second base with a TSA screener is better than to have never played the game.
Marine_Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #9
Tinkerbell_in_Texas
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14

Location: "There goes another beautiful theory about to be murdered by a brutal gang of facts" Houston & Perth TX and Western Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewter99 View Post
Dallas or Houston?

We're getting ready for another international trip. oh joy. We both got "patted down" last time whereas others were just waved thru.
Tinkerbell_in_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #10
Tormania
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Tormania

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Raven View Post
Petti says a security officer asked him to remove Kleenex and $300 in folded bills that he had in his pocket and send it through the detector. "I hesitated and said: 'You really want me to put my bills in there?' " Petti said. The officer said yes, so Petti put the cash into a fifth bin. Then he and Woodward proceeded through the metal detector.

Beyond Disgusting.
I can tell you where that $300 went. Right into that c$%ksucking TSA agent's pocket!!!
Tormania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #11
tiojames
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Send a message via MSN to tiojames

I do my part. I always put a ton of foot powder in my boots/shoes the day I'm going to fly. When the have me take off my foot wear they get lots of white powdery foot prints thru the check out process. When I really want to have fun with them I wear a pair of my boots and since they are hard to get off they try to assist me. Really hard to get them off when you curl your toes up.
tiojames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #12
ANTIVNOM
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to ANTIVNOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormania View Post
I can tell you where that $300 went. Right into that c$%ksucking TSA agent's pocket!!!
You got that right.

Yet another in a very long strink of inexcusable TSA stories. I hope the a$$holes that robbed that senior citizen get to experience what it feels like to be robbed when they are old and helpless.
ANTIVNOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #13
jw38
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1992 View Post
I hate San Diego Airport - 90% of the time everyone has to go through the backscatter you need an hour just to get through security.

Doesn't surprise me they lost some of their stuff. Thats why my wallet has maybe $40 in it and is buried in my carry on bag.

Those TSA goons need to go!
No one can be forced to go through the x-ray (generic term) machines. In fact, if more people would refuse to go through the machines and request patdowns, it would cause huge log jams at airports. Believe me, if it hurt the airlies, the TSA would be forced to change their Nazi tactics.

I fly a lot and I work in the industry. I will NEVER go through an x-ray machine no matter who tells me that they're safe for frequent travelers. I know better.
jw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:16 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page The Terrorists of the TSA Strikes Again.