Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 01-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #61
Red99SS
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecar6 View Post
The more judgemental the cons ( which of course is what they are all about) are, the more people vote for democrats. We love it cause it's a win/win for us liberal tolerant commie democrats cause our party accepts less than perfect types. It's fun watching the republican self destruction.
I sat here speechless for a while in utter shock at what I'd just read. Just when you think you've found something indefensible, a liberal comes out and tells people to stop being "judgmental" over a FREAKING PEDOPHILE!!!
Red99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #62
GrandSportC3
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03 & '06

Send a message via AIM to GrandSportC3 Send a message via Yahoo to GrandSportC3 Send a message via Skype™ to GrandSportC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarFRC View Post
10th amendment? Really? You think laws governing conduct of U.S. citizens outside the country is a 10th amendment issue? Good God you're stupid.

Look, we all here know your personal sexual proclivities for young girls, but you claiming the Protect Act, or any one of other numerous Federal laws pertaining to conduct by citizens outside the U.S. is a states rights issue, has reached new heights of delusion. Get a grip sicko.
What part of the constitution authorizes this part of the law?
Again, all powers not granted to the federal government go to the states. So, what power does the federal government have to pass that statute?
Maybe I'm wrong and they are authorized to do so but I can't find it in the constitution.
And, please stop lying about my sexual preferences. Post up proof or shut the f up with your lies. What a lying POS you are. You can't win an argument so you post lies about me and personal attacks!

Last edited by GrandSportC3; 01-27-2013 at 04:04 PM.
GrandSportC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #63
SPIVET
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99SS View Post
I sat here speechless for a while in utter shock at what I'd just read. Just when you think you've found something indefensible, a liberal comes out and tells people to stop being "judgmental" over a FREAKING PEDOPHILE!!!
It's the demented libTard "...for the sake of the children" lie out of one side of their mouth and their TRUE "tolerance for pedophiles (in their sicko minds)" out the other side of their mouth.

Truly DISGUSTING!

SPIVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #64
GrandSportC3
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '03 & '06

Send a message via AIM to GrandSportC3 Send a message via Yahoo to GrandSportC3 Send a message via Skype™ to GrandSportC3

Quote:
This story has zero to do with pedophilia.. Just because the op incorrectly used the word doesn't make it true.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #65
Mr turbo rotary
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Why? Far left wing fringe think pedophilia is just fine! Underage hookers? That's fine as well. Talk about a war on women...

It's quite telling what type of person he is.
Mr turbo rotary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #66
Rule292
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 View Post
This story has zero to do with pedophilia.. Just because the op incorrectly used the word doesn't make it true.
Yeah, get it right OP, Menendez is a rapist not pedophiliac.
Rule292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #67
GrandSportC3
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '03 & '06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule292 View Post
Yeah, get it right OP, Menendez is a rapist not pedophiliac.
I'm not aware that. He had sex with a prostitute that was at legal age in the country where it happened and she would've been of legal age in many us states too.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #68
Rule292
CF Senior Member

Quote:
I'm not aware that. He had sex with a prostitute that was at legal age in the country where it happened and she would've been of legal age in many us states too.
Surely the FBI is proving you wrong.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #69
vigalante
CF Senior Member

And the Complicit MSM Complies!

On Friday it was revealed that the FBI is investigating Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) for allegedly sleeping with underage prostitutes in the Dominican Republic. Despite this, when Menendez was given a six-minute interview with Martha Raddatz on ABC's This Week Sunday, he was not asked one question about the investigation or the allegations (commentary follows with full transcript at end of post): Raddatz began the interview asking Menendez about what Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) had previously said on the program concerning immigration. She followed this up by asking Menendez what he wanted to hear from the President about this issue....

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...s-about-fbis-h
vigalante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #70
GrandSportC3
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '03 & '06

Quote:
Surely the FBI is proving you wrong.
The fact that we have a law on the book doesn't mean that it's constitutional. Of course, the FBI will enforce laws on the books, if they are constitutional or not.
I don't think that this law has been tested in court.
The question is if it is INTERSTATE commerce if a american does something abroad. He did NOT bring anything across state lines and therefore, it's not interstate commerce. If any goods or services would cross country lines, the interstate commerce clause would clearly apply but if they don't, I doubt that the argument that it's interstate commerce is valid.. He engaged in commerce in a foreign country but no goods or services crossed state or country lines. Therefore, it's not interstate commerce and the interstate commerce clause does not apply.. There are several states who have laws that federal laws does not apply to guns fabricated and sold in that state that may not be sold or brought out of state. This should be 100% constitutional as it's INTRASTATE and not INTERSTATE commerce.
Something like this has never made it to SCOTUS. Would be interesting to see how they would decide.
Another interesting twist would be if he had consentual sex with a 16 year old without paying for it.. In that case, there would be no commerce at all and the interstate commerce clause couldn't possibly apply. This could cause the interesting scenario that someone doing exactly the same thing in a foreign country like another person but the one person who pays for it commits a crime and the one who is not paying for it does nothing illegal.. Makes sense.. doesn't it??

Last edited by GrandSportC3; 01-27-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #71
Dr. Evil
CF Senior Member
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
CI-IV AutoX Champ
CI-IV Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '07-'10

Quote:
You miss the point. If someone says something is illegal you come back and show someplace else where it is legal. A state or another country or another planet but you always justify things like this. I bet its still legal to own slaves in some places, you gonna use that to justify it here? How about forced marriage at age 14? Its ok in other places so a 50 year old guy can marry a 14 year old in your eyes right? You just dont get it.

To the others defending this guy, get the blinders off. How in the hell can anyone in their right mind think its ok for a federal government legislator to do things like this?!? On any level this type of behavior is out of bounds. Take off the political binders. You dont care what it is that someone does as long as you win at any cost and its your guy that wins. With that attitude we all lose.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #72
GrandSportC3
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '03 & '06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
You miss the point. If someone says something is illegal you come back and show someplace else where it is legal. A state or another country or another planet but you always justify things like this. I bet its still legal to own slaves in some places, you gonna use that to justify it here? How about forced marriage at age 14? Its ok in other places so a 50 year old guy can marry a 14 year old in your eyes right? You just dont get it.

To the others defending this guy, get the blinders off. How in the hell can anyone in their right mind think its ok for a federal government legislator to do things like this?!? On any level this type of behavior is out of bounds. Take off the political binders. You dont care what it is that someone does as long as you win at any cost and its your guy that wins. With that attitude we all lose.
I'm making a purely legal observation. I don't have a dog in the race.. For example, if I vacation in a country where slavery is legal and the hotel owner includes a slave for my disposal during my stay, I can legally take the services of that slave in that country. You have to abide by the laws of the country you are at. If slavery is legal there, you can have a slave there even though slavery is illegal here. Of course, you can't take a slave with you and keep him in the USA. (just to be clear.. I oppose any slavery and would NOT accept a slave at my disposal during my stay)
My question and argument is 100% of the legal implications as I don't have a dog in this hunt.
My legal question/argument is IF the interstate commerce clause can possibly apply for commerce that does not cross state or country lines?
It's more of a question? My other question is if there is anything else in the constitution to justify making the action in question a crime?
Does anyone know? Again, my legal argument is that I don't see now the interstate commerce clause could apply.. Any laws "should" have a legal basis but I just don't see that legal basis for that law. Maybe I'm wrong..
There is no such thing that a law is constitutional just because it's morally justified.. It has to be constitutional because the entity passing the law has to be authorized by the constitution to pass such law.. There are only certain powers granted to the federal government and the rest goes to the states (10th amendment). So, if not interstate commerce, what part of the constitution could authorize that law?

Last edited by GrandSportC3; 01-27-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #73
Rule292
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
You miss the point.
Clear thinking folks get it.

Only a pervert has sex with a child.

And GSC3 is the reason we have such laws preventing the sexual abuse of children by "adults" over 18.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #74
WallyWest
CF Senior Member

Quote:

Ironic seeing as how you live in PA where 16 year olds are legal.

Blanket statements like yours are how we get laws where a 15 and 16 year old couple having sex suddenly makes one of them a rapist. Thankfully some states, like the one you live in, sees things otherwise. PA also has a Romeo and Juliet law, lowering the age of consent to 13 if the two participants are within four years of each other.
WallyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #75
Rule292
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
Ironic seeing as how you live in PA where 16 year olds are legal.

Blanket statements like yours are how we get laws where a 15 and 16 year old couple having sex suddenly makes one of them a rapist. Thankfully some states, like the one you live in, sees things otherwise. PA also has a Romeo and Juliet law, lowering the age of consent to 13 if the two participants are within four years of each other.
As I said, laws are necessary to keep perverts from taking advantage of gullible children in their teens.

Are you and GSC3 trying to prove my point?
Old 01-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #76
GrandSportC3
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '03 & '06

Quote:

And GSC3 is the reason we have such laws preventing the sexual abuse of children by "adults" over 18.
There are SEVERAL states in the USA where a adult of ANY age can LEGALLY have sex with a 16 year old.. That's a FACT! So, how should someone be charged for doing something abroad that is legal in many US states, maybe even in the persons home state??

Let's say that a adult from New York (where age of consent is 16) has sex with someone who is 16 year old in New York.. It's 100% legal..
Now that person travels to the Dominican Republic and has sex with a 16 year old there.. Now, it's illegal even though it's legal there and legal in that persons home state.. It's CRAZY!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #77
Rule292
CF Senior Member

Looks as if GSC3 IS trying to prove my point.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #78
GrandSportC3
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '03 & '06

Quote:
As I said, laws are necessary to keep perverts from taking advantage of gullible children in their teens.

As I said before.. I don't have a dog in the hunt.. I'm making a legal point and have legal questions.. Just because a law is morally justified doesn't make it constitutional..

Last edited by GrandSportC3; 01-27-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #79
WallyWest
CF Senior Member

Quote:

What point are you referring to? You have only thrown random sarcasm at this thread so far.

Which set of laws do you support? The ones in your home state or those the feds are trying to nail Menendez with?
WallyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:44 AM   #80
bmans vette
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '12-'13
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
WTF aren't you running for office instead of the losers the .pubs are running? One hundred percent serious with that comment.

Wally does his homework when it comes to facts about the law and the Constitution.

Too bad most of our politicians in DC don't.
They are too busy figuring out how to get more free stuff for themselves for life.

Besides he can capture quite a few different groups of voters.

Bman
bmans vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:44 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page FBI Investigating Democrat Sen. Bob Menendez For Pedophilia