Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 10-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #181
Augustus_Maximus
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
You think playing games on the road is a joke? Here is a tailgating incident that happened last month here in MI. Two weeks ago as a matter of fact.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...rage-incident/
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/v...ch-other-Ionia

The news is full of stories about people acting like dicks on the road and getting shot and killed. In Maryland, an off-duty cop recently killed another motorist over road rage.

I bet some of the LEOs here have stories.

Don't drive like a dick. It might save your life.
if a car is riding my tail.... I slow down to avoid getting hit....
The driver behind usuallly back up or just goes around me and tail gate the person in front of me....

I hate it when I car is so close to me that I can't see their head light.....

A.
Augustus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #182
Augustus_Maximus
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarP3C View Post
By the way, so are a lot of other folks also.
I'm not....

A.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #183
RadarP3C
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to RadarP3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustus_Maximus View Post
I'm not....

A.
Then don't drive behind fastbrucey.

Radar

A friend will bail you out of jail....... A true friend will be there sitting next to you saying "Damn, that was fun!"
RadarP3C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:25 AM   #184
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

RWHP - 440.786 RWTQ - 439.494 I love to drive!!! 07 Vet Mileage = 180,500 http://togetherweserved.com/ http://www.coasttocoastam.com/ http://www.survivalistboards.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroRod View Post
I saw this today, also.

All I can say is, had that biker buster out my window, he would have been met with a .40S&W, right between the eyes.

There are black ricer gangs is my city, too. They try to intimidate motorists all the time.

Where are the cops when you need them? Personally, I think out police department is afraid of them.
Gering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #185
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

RWHP - 440.786 RWTQ - 439.494 I love to drive!!! 07 Vet Mileage = 180,500 http://togetherweserved.com/ http://www.coasttocoastam.com/ http://www.survivalistboards.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryseals View Post
Obviously you are not well versed when it comes to a person protecting his family or theirselves.

As soon as they forced him to stop, it was game on and you don't seem to understand that. And the bad situation could have been avoided had the bikers not tried to play games with a person and his family. That's it plain and simple....you muck with a persons family and you can expect to get hurt.

But then again I'm from Texas, we don't play well with cowards and that's exactly what a large group is against a smaller group, a bunch of cowards who only find their courage in large numbers.

In my book, the bikers got far less then what they deserved....
Old 10-06-2013, 12:43 AM   #186
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell_in_Texas View Post
what a load of . How was the RR driver supposed to avoid the situation? Turn off as soon as he saw the bikers?
Since when do we need to run and hide when we're going quietly about our business????
Those bikers CREATED the situation. The bikers are thugs and found someone INNOCENT to target/torment. I'd bet it's not the first time they've played that "game".
BTW, according to some reporting the biker that's in the hospital has a long history of driving recklessly, without a DL, without insurance, etc.
What an innocent man, eh.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:54 AM   #187
Walford
CF Senior Member

Quote:
The driver behind usuallly back up or just goes around me and tail gate the person in front of me....

A.
I hope you're not doing that in the left lane.
Walford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #188
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
SUV driver should be immune from a civil suit, also. The "Doctrine of Clean Hands" should come into play where you can't ask a court for relief if you yourself are doing something illegal. Since this guy was illegally driving, he shouldn't be able to sue based on something that happened while engaging in that illegal activity.
Sounds good...
Old 10-06-2013, 01:07 AM   #189
vollmi
CF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low12s View Post
It's a vette and someone is tailgating me. A quick tap to wake them up and back on the gas.
And what do you do, if the Person behind you suddenly wakes up, turns suddenly the steering and kills a family on the other lane, because he want avoid to killing you?

Ah yeah its only his fault i know. **** on the other vehicles which were not in you're game before.

mfG René
vollmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:11 AM   #190
overBlown
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vollmi View Post
And what do you do, if the Person behind you suddenly wakes up, turns suddenly the steering and kills a family on the other lane, because he want avoid to killing you?

Ah yeah its only his fault i know. **** on the other vehicles which were not in you're game before.

mfG René
Noooooo you don't understand bro. It's CALIFORNIA so it's totally cool and stuff. Duh.
overBlown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:28 AM   #191
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
One of the women here on OT brake checked a guy once. She learned never to do that again.

Everyone on OT told her afterward how stupid she was for doing it and how dangerous it was to her personal safety. You never know who is behind you.

It is a crazy world out there.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #192
fastbruce
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:

mfG René
He said he taps the peddle to light up the brake lights, he didn't say he stands on the brakes, Sounds to me like either you sleep and drive or are one of the boneheads that tailgates, You will get the Ticket if you rear end me plus your cars will be totaled and my K3500 wont have a scratch
fastbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #193
63 340HP
CF Senior Member

Quote:

A.
A.

A cautionary bit of advice when riding a motorcycle... (if you ever get the opportunity to ride)

Never trust that the vehicle behind you will stop without hitting you (let alone that they will see you or your tiny tail light).

There is a reason that sharing lanes and filtering between lanes of stopped cars is legal in Europe and some States, because most motorcycle accidents that are not rider error are collisions from a vehicle behind the bike, accidents where the approaching driver failed to see the motorcycle or motorcyclist.

Brake check and slow-down revenge actions that may seem cute and safe in a two-ton cage are deadly on a motorcycle (the slowdown practice you advocate is worse that speeding up until you find a safe zone away from the errant driver).

All riders with time behind bars have experienced a cage driver with road rage and we know that, even with strength in numbers like this group in NYC, two wheels are no match for a cage in an accident.

If this RR driver had committed an a$$hat action, the sweet taste of revenge (what you practice) is not worth placing your life in peril.

Considering LEO's were in the rider group, 911 was close enough to report and follow until Uniformed LEO's could approach and deal with the danger (that is, if this group of riders were acting legally). I have followed CHP Motor Officers who have been cut off and endangered while sharing lanes, and watched as Cruisers met up to block the dangerous driver and introduced them to the pavement's embrace.

The guy that got ran over should sue and win an award against the a$$hat who brake checked the RR (along with any organized leadership for this group), as the a$$hat's actions endangered both the people in the RR and his fellow riders.

63 340HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #194
texvette2
CF Senior Member

And you just know he was a pillar of the black community.
Just a model citizen LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
texvette2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #195
SPIVET
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbruce View Post
He said he taps the peddle to light up the brake lights, he didn't say he stands on the brakes, Sounds to me like either you sleep and drive or are one of the boneheads that tailgates, You will get the Ticket if you rear end me plus your cars will be totaled and my K3500 wont have a scratch
A-hole drivers always try to justify being A-holes.

SPIVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #196
Low12s
CF Senior Member

Location: Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the Rain.

Quote:

Ah yeah its only his fault i know. **** on the other vehicles which were not in you're game before.mfG René
What game are you talking about? If someone is riding my azz and I have no where to go, they are creating a dangerous situation. Let's see, "Mr holier than thou", I know, I let them get closer and closer until there is a real situation where I have to brake hard. Then I and my family can get killed by a driver with dangerous and illegal (yup tailgating is a ticket) habits.

Learn to drive or stay off the road, and away from me.
Low12s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #197
overBlown
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low12s View Post
What game are you talking about? If someone is riding my azz and I have no where to go, they are creating a dangerous situation. Let's see, "Mr holier than thou", I know, I let them get closer and closer until there is a real situation where I have to brake hard. Then I and my family can get killed by a driver with dangerous and illegal (yup tailgating is a ticket) habits.

Learn to drive or stay off the road, and away from me.
The "game" where you brake check someone. How can you berate someone for dangerous driving when you pull stupid dangerous stunts yourself?
overBlown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #198
Augustus_Maximus
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walford View Post
I hope you're not doing that in the left lane.
If in crawling traffic sure other wise I move over a let them pass....
Or pedal to the floor it & create space........

A.

Last edited by Augustus_Maximus; 10-06-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #199
Low12s
CF Senior Member

Location: Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the Rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overBlown View Post
The "game" where you brake check someone. How can you berate someone for dangerous driving when you pull stupid dangerous stunts yourself?
Your reading comprehension is up there with your obvious lack of driving skills.
Low12s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #200
Augustus_Maximus
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63 340HP View Post
A.

A cautionary bit of advice when riding a motorcycle... (if you ever get the opportunity to ride)

Never trust that the vehicle behind you will stop without hitting you (let alone that they will see you or your tiny tail light).

There is a reason that sharing lanes and filtering between lanes of stopped cars is legal in Europe and some States, because most motorcycle accidents that are not rider error are collisions from a vehicle behind the bike, accidents where the approaching driver failed to see the motorcycle or motorcyclist.

Brake check and slow-down revenge actions that may seem cute and safe in a two-ton cage are deadly on a motorcycle (the slowdown practice you advocate is worse that speeding up until you find a safe zone away from the errant driver).

All riders with time behind bars have experienced a cage driver with road rage and we know that, even with strength in numbers like this group in NYC, two wheels are no match for a cage in an accident.

If this RR driver had committed an a$$hat action, the sweet taste of revenge (what you practice) is not worth placing your life in peril.

Considering LEO's were in the rider group, 911 was close enough to report and follow until Uniformed LEO's could approach and deal with the danger (that is, if this group of riders were acting legally). I have followed CHP Motor Officers who have been cut off and endangered while sharing lanes, and watched as Cruisers met up to block the dangerous driver and introduced them to the pavement's embrace.

The guy that got ran over should sue and win an award against the a$$hat who brake checked the RR (along with any organized leadership for this group), as the a$$hat's actions endangered both the people in the RR and his fellow riders.

I do still ride motorcycle, and I go by the simple motto...
He with the most lugs nuts win......

I would never brake check or even give a motorist the chance to get that close to me while on my bike.... zip around a car or two, and put the problem driver two or three cars behind me.... and move with life....

when in my my car thou, sure If there no where place to go and traffic is crawling I drive extremely slow and basically make the driver behind have to pay attention to me.... If you speed up they will speed and ride your tail so might as well make them go extremely slow also or force them to go around....

Break checking any body imho is asking for trouble....
And the video/incident pretty much show the mess it can cause....

A.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:22 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page NYC Biker ran over by SUV, family chased and father beaten.