Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Old 11-12-2013, 02:35 AM   #41
panic
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrRifleCoach View Post
And the down side is?
panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:15 AM   #42
Lord.Baal
CF Senior Member

dave1 and RIM, the good news is, in 20 years most of these guys will be dead

PRC should be labeled, i liked america in the 50's and i will be dammed if i move forward!

what would be better the a strong woman who earned way more money then you, then you could just not work and sit in your garage all day wrenching your car while they brought home the bacon!
if i dont have to work and still get my vette i volunteer to cook you dinner and go grocery shopping!
sometimes i love being liberal, o wait thats all the time!
Lord.Baal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:39 AM   #43
bubba68ss
CF Senior Member

bubba68ss
Send a message via Skype™ to bubba68ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-it Man View Post
Only weak men are intimidated by strong women.

Equality of men and women is natural and just.
That is nothing but a feel-good, protest talking point. A kind of 'cheer'.

Nobody here is intimidated by strong women. The same people you accuse here most likely admire strong women like Margaret Thatcher and other women who can pull their weight like any man can (a firefighter, coal miner, oil rig worker, etc...). YOUR side wants to throw any random woman in one of these professions and FORCE the operation to slow down to make her 'equal'.

There are many areas where men and women are not 'equal'. To try and force that to be changed is reckless. Example, trying to get more women on the battlefield (and removing physically stronger men) just to 'prove' they are equal. That would be disastrous. Hey, let's force women in the NFL... tackle them and you 'beat up on women', right?

Equality is a ridiculous word because it assumes equality in every area of life. On a very large scale masculinity is logic and strength and femininity is emotion and nurturing. That is historically true also. That is what typically strengthens a relationship (yes even gays)---those two traits.

Man and women can be equal is some areas and completely unequal in others. That is a fact even though it destroys your feel-good statement.

Last edited by bubba68ss; 11-12-2013 at 04:55 AM.
bubba68ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:45 AM   #44
bubba68ss
CF Senior Member

bubba68ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99SS View Post
Except the simple fact that men and women are NOT equal. We are inherently different from women, and no amount of legislation can change this biological and psychological fact!
Old 11-12-2013, 04:48 AM   #45
bubba68ss
CF Senior Member

bubba68ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord.Baal View Post
dave1 and RIM, the good news is, in 20 years most of these guys will be dead

PRC should be labeled, i liked america in the 50's and i will be dammed if i move forward!

what would be better the a strong woman who earned way more money then you, then you could just not work and sit in your garage all day wrenching your car while they brought home the bacon!
if i dont have to work and still get my vette i volunteer to cook you dinner and go grocery shopping!
sometimes i love being liberal, o wait thats all the time!
Let's see how 'equal' we are when it comes time for women to be drafted into combat...
Old 11-12-2013, 04:51 AM   #46
Lord.Baal
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba68ss View Post
Let's see how 'equal' we are when it comes time for women to be drafted into combat...
2 parts of this are ridiculous, the first of course is we dont have a draft, and it would be so unpopular it is unlikely to ever happen.

and 2 posts above you just mentioned how much you hate the idea of women in the military. so you would be against women in the draft...
Lord.Baal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:57 AM   #47
bubba68ss
CF Senior Member

bubba68ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord.Baal View Post
2 parts of this are ridiculous, the first of course is we dont have a draft, and it would be so unpopular it is unlikely to ever happen.

and 2 posts above you just mentioned how much you hate the idea of women in the military. so you would be against women in the draft...
Both of your points are ridiculous as what I said was a hypothetical for the sake of the argument.

IF men and women are equal would you force them into battle along side men?
Old 11-12-2013, 05:03 AM   #48
bubba68ss
CF Senior Member

bubba68ss

Pretty much how I view men and women. Both are important, but not equal (i.e. the same).

Quote:
What are the differences between men and women?

Man and woman represent two forms of divine energy; they are the male and female elements of a single soul.

G-d is neither masculine nor feminine, but has two forms of emanation: the masculine form, which is more aggressive, and the feminine form, which is more subtle. For a human being to lead a total life, he or she must have both forms of energy: the power of strength and the power of subtlety; the power of giving and the power of receiving. Ideally, these energies are merged seamlessly.

Men are physically stronger. By nature, they are usually more aggressive and externally oriented. In contrast, a woman usually embodies the ideal of inner dignity. Some people confuse such subtlety with weakness; in truth, it is stronger than the most aggressive physical force imaginable. True human dignity does not shout; it is a strong, steady voice that speaks from within. The nature of a woman, while subtle, is not weak. And the nature of a man, while aggressive, is not brutish. For man and woman to be complete, they must each possess both energies.

The answer is not for men and women to try to be alike. All men and women must be themselves, realizing that G-d has given each of us unique abilities with which to pursue our goals, and that our primary responsibility is to take full advantage of those abilities.
http://www.meaningfullife.com/social...alQUESTION.php
Old 11-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #49
H P Bushrod
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Send a message via AIM to H P Bushrod

Quote:
Pretty much how I view men and women. Both are important, but not equal (i.e. the same).
Amen brother!
H P Bushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #50
6spdC6
CF Senior Member

Location: A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake in the "Peoples Republic" of upper NY state http://www.visitsacandaga.com/

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by H P Bushrod View Post
Amen brother!

Let me take that a bit farther. I for one am very happy that there are major anatomical differences between the sexes.
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #51
H P Bushrod
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Send a message via AIM to H P Bushrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdC6 View Post

Let me take that a bit farther. I for one am very happy that there are major anatomical differences between the sexes.
H P Bushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #52
BoostManiac
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Many women will snap and change the moment that ring goes on, and if she has the right lawyer, your prenuptial agreement is good for wiping your *** and not much more.
That's where character comes into play. You should know the reason WHY she wants to marry you.

Are you 15 yrs older than her, 2 leagues below her, out of shape, out of touch with her social scene, tastes, etc? Does she have an education and career? Does she have any appreciable net worth? Does she have a history of bouncing from boyfriend to boyfriend every time the wind blows?

If I had the slightest suspicion that she was marrying me for money, she'd be out the door so fast her head would spin.

I went on a few dates with a woman recently who doesn't have kids yet and doesn't want them, saying "I'm too selfish with my time to have kids". Big turnoff. She was also very much of the opinion that she should be the center of everyone's attention every time she enters a room, that was her form of validation in life. I stopped calling her. I can picture her later in life getting plastic surgeries and still trying to be the "hot" older woman that has to be the center of attention in every room. And probably seeking validation from the pool boy. No thank you. Find some other sucker.

Last edited by BoostManiac; 11-12-2013 at 10:00 PM.
BoostManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:08 AM   #53
Donuts
CF Senior Member

When the economy keeps getting worse you see these "independent" women looking for shelter.. being single for 44 years you see it all and hard times are bringing them right to my door and I laugh at them..

The person that said earlier "women lose in the end" is the truth.. screw 'em one and all..
Donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #54
Red99SS
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostManiac View Post
That's where character comes into play. You should know the reason WHY she wants to marry you.

Are you 15 yrs older than her, 2 leagues below her, out of shape, out of touch with her social scene, tastes, etc? Does she have an education and career? Does she have any appreciable net worth? Does she have a history of bouncing from boyfriend to boyfriend every time the wind blows?

If I had the slightest suspicion that she was marrying me for money, she'd be out the door so fast her head would spin.
If you can't pick up on THOSE scenarios, then you deserve what you have coming. But some of them will play the part, mask themselves, and as soon as the ring goes on and that first baby pops out, BAM! What's important is not just trying to analyze the woman but looking at her parents' situation as well. A woman with a stay at home mom = utterly toxic.
Red99SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:17 AM   #55
Donuts
CF Senior Member

Quote:
If you can't pick up on THOSE scenarios, then you deserve what you have coming. But some of them will play the part, mask themselves, and as soon as the ring goes on and that first baby pops out, BAM! What's important is not just trying to analyze the woman but looking at her parents' situation as well. A woman with a stay at home mom = utterly toxic.
very true in my experience
Donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #56
vet55
waiting for the boom...
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donuts View Post
When the economy keeps getting worse you see these "independent" women looking for shelter.. being single for 44 years you see it all and hard times are bringing them right to my door and I laugh at them..

The person that said earlier "women lose in the end" is the truth.. screw 'em one and all..
Oh no they'll be fine. They got that living outside in the rough thing down pat. Just give up A/C, Lattes', malls, Land Rovers at 900mph in the parking while talking to their BFF for the 45th time that hour, remodeling the house for the 5th time in 3 years, pedicures twice a day, 1 hour showers, trips to Cancun where they never got topless anyway, girls night out to bash on their men for four hours while talking about the young hawt guy in the corner, designer t-shirts, Victoria's Secret, $450.00 worth of make-up a month, bikini waxes(ouch), tanning salons...

No they'll be fine on their own.
vet55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #57
tempest62
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-it Man View Post
If bubbas have a hard time working around women, bubbas shouldn't be working.

They should stick to hunting, gathering, and panhandling.
its the bubbas that save your lilly little ***. without the bubbas, you and your ilk would be dead. and i guarantee your ilk would go running and leave you abaandoned at the first sign of trouble, just like you would do to them.

you better learn to respect the bubbas, little hippie man.
tempest62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #58
RetiredSFC 97
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by panic View Post
The whole responsibility of today's men feminization falls on feminist movements that in order to achieve equal rights and a supposed equality of the sexes have pushed women to become more like men with the consequence that men have become more like women...meantime both have lost their traditional roles, manners and, often, also decorum.

At the end of the day we have what you see around you.
Pretty much.
RetiredSFC 97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:51 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page Men feminization is a direct consequence of women manification...