CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   FIRST pics of new 4LT interior IN the car! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2843627-first-pics-of-new-4lt-interior-in-the-car.html)

Rich Mickol 05-29-2011 09:36 AM

Nice going GM.:thumbs::thumbs:

Boomer111 05-29-2011 09:42 AM

I like the seats, so far by viewing them.

Not a fan of the stitching being accented around the entire cabin area, to busy for my taste.

I think GM is trying though I am sure most will welcome the changes.

z51vett 05-29-2011 09:50 AM

Seats may look good but will they pass the butt test. My butts not a big fan of the CTSV's Recaros don't like dangling my feet 5' 6" and its hard as a brick. Like to be able to move around without fighting seat. I like to drive fast but I don't just run fast around curves all the time. My 2 cents time will tell when I can get some seat time in them.
z51vett

FloydSummerOf68 05-29-2011 10:13 AM

^ lol, so just keep the crappy stock seats if you're more worried about that instead of having a real sports car seat.

Are these actually better? Or do they just look better?

How is the side bolstering? I want something that holds me down in place and feels like a glove when I sit in it.

Do you have to get 4LT to get these seats? If so, that sucks. I want a base model corvette with the best seats offered.

FloydSummerOf68 05-29-2011 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by TOBASCO (Post 1577724721)
Good question, Frank -

First, given that I don't track my car (which is where I think the new seats would make a BIG difference), I'm answering based on driving my car on weekends and about 5000 miles a year, here's my rating.

Current seats - 7

New seats - 8

What I really like about the new seats are the shoulder bolsters, but the head rest in really hard for some reason, otherwise I'd give it a 9.

But if I was tracking the car, my guess would be I'd probably think the current seats are about a 5-6 and the new seats a 8-9

:thumbs:

I was unaware anyone actually used a headrest in a car....being totaly serious here.

traindude 05-29-2011 03:03 PM

Looks good! :thumbs:

cmonkey713 05-29-2011 04:14 PM

It seems that I read a post here a couple of weeks ago that the seat frames were the same as the current C-6. The change was only in the upper bolster padding and new skins on both top and bottom. If this the case you could convert your current C-6 OEM seats to the 2012 seats with the new upper foam and new skins. It would be interesting what the parts cost would be when available from GM. I'm sure one of our forum vendors will keep us in the loop as to the cost of the conversion. I would be interested in making the change providing the cost was reasonable, say $1,200 or so. :thumbs:

not08crmanymore 05-29-2011 04:19 PM

At long last they actually have a seat the at least looks worthy of a 50,000 dollar car even though it may cost 70 to get them! :D

DebRedZR1 05-29-2011 04:25 PM

:thumbs: Thanks for Posting Brad, Can't wait to check these out in person. Very nice change IMO:D

jschindler 05-29-2011 04:46 PM

That interior looks fantastic. It looks as good as the interior in my wife's new car. The picture doesn't show it as well, but this interior is black with light gray stitching. It's an Acura TL...

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...onsole1000.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...iorshifter.jpg

AORoads 05-29-2011 04:51 PM

just a question: what's with the raked-forward fixed headrests? is that some kind of new law to save us because it surely looks a bit uncomfortable as in Jim's TL especially.:ack:

jschindler 05-29-2011 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by AORoads (Post 1577741243)
just a question: what's with the raked-forward fixed headrests? is that some kind of new law to save us because it surely looks a bit uncomfortable as in Jim's TL especially.:ack:

Bill, I'm not positive, but I think that is actually true. Might be worth a "google".

I will tell you though that in the Acura you still don't hit the headrests when you are driving.

AORoads 05-29-2011 05:07 PM

Jim, I may have to do something different w. my driving position. Usually my head is close to the headrest, in just about any car. I guess it's "ergonomic" or "eggohead-saving"....maybe C6 owners can just "send it out to DSV or Caravaggio or APSIS"...:D

TOBASCO 05-30-2011 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 (Post 1577738868)
I was unaware anyone actually used a headrest in a car....being totaly serious here.

True, I don't use the headrest, but at times, i.e WOT when you may feel the headrest, it's soft. My point is that I think that every time that I did touch my head to the headrest I'd think that I'm hitting a piece of cloth covered cardboard. Just my .02.

Harry2 05-30-2011 09:47 AM

I have a 2010 GS 4LT vert and the new seats IMO, are a visual improvement, and a harbinger of the interior improvements in the future C7. Couple of comments, my current seats run "hot," especially with the top down, are the suede inserts vented, or will they be even worse for heat retention? Also, GM, how about adding small speakers to the seat headrest to improve the sound quality and filter out some of the road noise!
Looking forward to my future C7: 4LT!

TOBASCO 05-31-2011 07:00 PM

Not sure how "vented" the suede seats will be, but Tom Hill seemed to think that everyone would really like them - it should breathe better though. It's not actual suede, since that wouldn't be good for seating - would wear out in no time at all (anybody remember Hush Puppies - how long did they look good???)

arcticblast 05-31-2011 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by GS-Zero (Post 1577722286)
Those seats look fantastic. But... The side bolstering looks as though it might actually be the same as it always has been.

According to Craig, the interior designer for the Corvette, it is basically the same seat. The piece that is added under the headrest is new. It also looks like the headrest is new, too.
Interesting how the seat fits right up against the door when it is shut.
But they do look good.

gunterwalker 05-31-2011 07:26 PM

:cool:

Gearhead Jim 05-31-2011 09:35 PM

In the video from Sebring, the new headrests are discussed. They say that the hardness and angle are required by a new federal regulation that requires your neck to not tilt back more than a certain amount (7 degrees?) when rear-ended.

Without active headrests, probably most cars will end up with something similar.

JCTaylor21 05-31-2011 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by AFVETTE (Post 1577724334)
The Recaro's are a $2800 stand alone option in the base CTS.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/19/c...-like-v-model/

I wonder how much the 4LT with these seats will MSRP for?

Tom

That $2,800 is probably the upgrade cost, not the net cost of the seats. Man, those are lovely. I wish they had an aftermarket version we could put in our C6s.