CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Techron on sale at AutoZone (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/1036018-techron-on-sale-at-autozone.html)

Cirrus8 03-11-2005 01:42 PM

Techron on sale at AutoZone

Price is $3.99 for bottle that treats 12 gallons. :D :D

C5Longhorn 03-11-2005 01:47 PM

Thanks. I need to pick up a bottle or two.

c5 murph 03-11-2005 04:16 PM

If you buy the calender (MADD) for $1.00 at the counter it has a coupon buy 1 get 1 free. Also has coupon for Mobil 1 buy 3 get 3 free.

c5 murph 03-11-2005 04:17 PM

Sorry thats PEP Boys.

jrose7004 03-11-2005 04:58 PM

Good, I'am out! :cheers:

Vetteman Jack 03-11-2005 05:08 PM

:cool: I may go there tonight. I need to run a bottle though mine.

Prosecutor 03-11-2005 05:52 PM

OK guys...help out a newby here. I have read several recent posts on this Techron stuff and it sounds like I should pick up a bottle. I have no practical experience with engines, but I have a basic understanding of what an engine looks like and how it works. I was thinking about this last night. When the Techron clears out all of the build-up...where does it go? Does it find its way into the oil? Disintigrate and blow out with exhaust? Just wondering. How often should you add this stuff? How much is too much.

I expect to put more than 1500 miles a month on my Vette (oh the horror) and often I need to use whatever crappy gas station is along the road. Any other additives to recommend? Thanks in advance.

Ryan

yankeevetteconvert 03-11-2005 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cirrus8

$9.89 for a 4-pack at Costco everyday.

TheHammer 03-11-2005 06:34 PM

I need some too. PEP boys oil is not abad deal with the calendar.

C5 MANIAC 03-11-2005 06:58 PM

I can't afford 12 gallons of gas............................price is too high! :eek: :ack: :crazy: :leaving: :willy:

DAMN YOU OPEC

RonJ 03-11-2005 08:56 PM

I was looking for some of this Techron Fuel System Cleaner in town up here in Canada. No luck. No Chevron outlets either.

I understand that this Techron is super for getting rid of sulphur build-ups in the tank and on the sender units, as well as cleaning up the injectors etc.

Will most injector cleaners get rid of any sulphur build-up?

Ron ... :bigears

Delta3-2 03-12-2005 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by C5 MANIAC
I can't afford 12 gallons of gas............................price is too high! :eek: :ack: :crazy: :leaving: :willy:

DAMN YOU OPEC

Don't blame OPEC. Blame the polictically correct politicians bending to the wishes of the tree-huggers. Hell they're crying now about the FEDS looking to open up Alaska to drilling.

Dan G.
Girard, PA USA

VetteObsessed 03-12-2005 03:27 PM

I went and picked some up today for 2 of my vehicles, first time using. Works great! Thanks for the sale update. By the way the sale price says limit 2 (but the guy gave me the sale price for 3).

Cocked and Locked 03-12-2005 04:57 PM

Maybe where you are, but I paid $6.99 at AutoZone here in Indy at 10:00 this morning. :crazy:

2toys 03-12-2005 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Prosecutor
OK guys...help out a newby here. I have read several recent posts on this Techron stuff and it sounds like I should pick up a bottle. I have no practical experience with engines, but I have a basic understanding of what an engine looks like and how it works. I was thinking about this last night. When the Techron clears out all of the build-up...where does it go? Does it find its way into the oil? Disintigrate and blow out with exhaust? Just wondering. How often should you add this stuff? How much is too much.

I expect to put more than 1500 miles a month on my Vette (oh the horror) and often I need to use whatever crappy gas station is along the road. Any other additives to recommend? Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Been pondering how to respond to your post..don't think there is a quick/easy way. Primary pupose of any fuel injection cleaner is to remove any deposit build up from spray head of fuel injector to insure proper atomization for best air fuel mix and burn. GM uses a pintle style. Of many cleaners Techron has been tested as one of the most effective in removing deposits which can cause the injector to stick open/closed and/or cause an improper spray pattern. How much,how often depends on you. I use it in spring and fall in all my vehicles including my fuel injected bike. Since I only have 4 bottles left from a 12 case purchase I'll be checking out Auto zone.

Oh.. does it contaminate oil, only if your rings are not sealing.