CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance-48/)
-   -   TransGo 700r4 shift kit instructions (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/1717688-transgo-700r4-shift-kit-instructions.html)

angecarl 05-29-2007 10:07 PM

TransGo 700r4 shift kit instructions

Lost documentation on this shift kit and would like to have a digital copy for references because I am going to go back into tranny once again. Does anyone have this shift kit installation instruction where they can possibly share with me. Thanks Carl :flag:

shop14 05-30-2007 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by angecarl (Post 1560448860)
Lost documentation on this shift kit and would like to have a digital copy for references because I am going to go back into tranny once again. Does anyone have this shift kit installation instruction where they can possibly share with me. Thanks Carl :flag:

carl,go to the transgo site and download it from there.

angecarl 05-30-2007 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by shop14 (Post 1560452272)
carl,go to the transgo site and download it from there.

I have tried to search site but am not a member and do not see no download section for any manuals. Could someone direct me to the correct link if available.

Thanks again,
Carl
:bigears

Aardwolf 05-30-2007 01:10 PM

http://transgo.com/contact.php

It looks like there is no longer directions on their page, I thought there used to be. I would contact them and ask for directions and suggest they put them back on the page.

billybonesmusic 05-30-2007 02:36 PM

i have the B&M shift kit directions.......maybe you can call our Pete K he is the trans guru! he can probrably quote the directions off the top of his head!:thumbs:

86VX1 05-30-2007 02:38 PM

if you call them, they will send them to you

samsonb 09-04-2007 02:07 PM

Which shift kit is better, B&M or Transgo?

And does it really extend the life of your tranny? I figured it would be harder on it??

Thanks

JAKE 09-04-2007 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by joshwilson3 (Post 1561779690)

And does it really extend the life of your tranny? I figured it would be harder on it??

Thanks

From reading other responses, Trans Go is the better of the two.

Jake

Pete K 09-04-2007 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by joshwilson3 (Post 1561779690)

Thanks

Both kits have their pro's and con's.

samsonb 09-05-2007 12:37 AM

Are there other choices out there?

Which would be better for a daily driver, leave it alone, or add a shift kit? I'm mainly interested in the claim that it extends the life of the tranny.

Pete K 09-05-2007 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by billybonesmusic (Post 1560457124)
i have the B&M shift kit directions.......maybe you can call our Pete K he is the trans guru! he can probrably quote the directions off the top of his head!:thumbs:

Sadly:( , I almost can quote them:lol:
The transgo 700 2&3 kit is the most complete, and is quite complicated. It is considered a reprogramming kit because it revamps more than simply valve body changes.
Use caution when installing this kit. It is marketed to professional builders. Therefore, if you call transgo for assistance, they will ask the name of your shop. When you tell them that you are a do it yourselfer, they cop an attitude and offer little assistance.
Although most of us gearheads can do the install, it separates the men from the boys.

toptechx6 09-05-2007 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Pete K (Post 1561788891)
Sadly:( , I almost can quote them:lol:
The transgo 700 2&3 kit is the most complete, and is quite complicated. It is considered a reprogramming kit because it revamps more than simply valve body changes.
Use caution when installing this kit. It is marketed to professional builders. Therefore, if you call transgo for assistance, they will ask the name of your shop. When you tell them that you are a do it yourselfer, they cop an attitude and offer little assistance.
Although most of us gearheads can do the install, it separates the men from the boys.

Thanks Pete, that is the nicest thing you ever said! At my age it is a real compliment to be called a boy again! :lol:

Pete K 09-05-2007 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by toptechx6 (Post 1561789238)
Thanks Pete, that is the nicest thing you ever said! At my age it is a real compliment to be called a boy again! :lol:

You got it done, so you are officially "manned up":lol:

toptechx6 09-05-2007 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Pete K (Post 1561789286)
You got it done, so you are officially "manned up":lol:

Damn it, I was afraid you would say that just when I was enjoying my boyhood again! Many thanks again to you, it wouldn't have happened without your help.:thumbs: