CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general-119/)
-   -   Rookie's first attempt at a restoration... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/1849398-rookies-first-attempt-at-a-restoration.html)

stinger12 10-06-2011 05:38 PM

Does anyone have these parts?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-p...-hardware.html

I need to fit my tail lights!

chstitans42 10-06-2011 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by stinger12 (Post 1578892314)
Does anyone have these parts?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-p...-hardware.html

I need to fit my tail lights!

I have them, but they are all from parts cars, which means they are not new. I.e. the ends of the screws arent perfect, little bit of surface rust etc. PM me if interested

dgood 10-06-2011 06:37 PM

I have 8 of the anchor nuts. They are used but in good shape. Send me your address and I will put them in the mail to you tomorrow. No screws though.

Dan

stinger12 10-06-2011 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by dgood (Post 1578892729)
I have 8 of the anchor nuts. They are used but in good shape. Send me your address and I will put them in the mail to you tomorrow. No screws though.

Dan

Thank you!

stinger12 10-06-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by chstitans42 (Post 1578892686)
I have them, but they are all from parts cars, which means they are not new. I.e. the ends of the screws arent perfect, little bit of surface rust etc. PM me if interested

Sent you a PM.

dgood 10-07-2011 09:29 AM

Jeremy,
sent you the 8 anchor nuts this morning and included some door handle and lock gaskets that I had sitting around. Forgot how much everything cost so you will have to accept everything for free. Only deal is you have to keep this thread alive.

Good luck,
Dan

Blacksmith Customs 10-09-2011 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by dgood (Post 1578897010)
Jeremy,
sent you the 8 anchor nuts this morning and included some door handle and lock gaskets that I had sitting around. Forgot how much everything cost so you will have to accept everything for free. Only deal is you have to keep this thread alive.

Good luck,
Dan

Hey Jerm I finaly had time to look threw most of your thead. The work you've done sofar is killer well done. I just wanted to say good luck at Byrons i think you will do fine there if you follow my advice lol.

p.s the Chip Foose comment was a little over done dont you think.:o

stinger12 10-09-2011 09:52 PM

Kkk

stinger12 10-11-2011 03:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 48150340

Just need the anchor nuts now.

stinger12 10-14-2011 09:48 PM

Just finished my first week at Alternative Restoration, apprenticing under Byron. My god, I have the sickest job ever!

Thank you Byron!

hdpete98 10-15-2011 02:23 PM

I have been following this thread for years and this is my first post. I could not remain silent with my one complaint any longer.....the thread name must be changed to eliminate the word "Rookie" this kid is not a rookie in anyone book! That or "Rookie" will remain his nickname for life as a title of honor. Amazing work.

esierra 10-15-2011 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by hdpete98 (Post 1578967052)
I have been following this thread for years and this is my first post. I could not remain silent with my one complaint any longer.....the thread name must be changed to eliminate the word "Rookie" this kid is not a rookie in anyone book! That or "Rookie" will remain his nickname for life as a title of honor. Amazing work.

:iagree:

Denpo 10-15-2011 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by hdpete98 (Post 1578967052)

Good idea.
That make me think there should be an index to this thread.
The thread has gotten too big. Tremendous amount of data, but no way to retrieve it.
We should all regroup in an "rookie's action force", each one go scan a portion of the thread and we index all the instructive/funny/memorable posts, then let Jeremy edit the very first post.
He's just too busy to do it.
What do you guys think?

Note: Did that to my own thread ( shameless plug ), and I like it.

stinger12 10-15-2011 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Denpo (Post 1578969797)
Good idea.
That make me think there should be an index to this thread.
The thread has gotten too big. Tremendous amount of data, but no way to retrieve it.
We should all regroup in an "rookie's action force", each one go scan a portion of the thread and we index all the instructive/funny/memorable posts, then let Jeremy edit the very first post.
He's just too busy to do it.
What do you guys think?

Note: Did that to my own thread ( shameless plug ), and I like it.

That'd be cool, but like you said, I'm too busy with my job and the vette as it is!

Denpo 10-15-2011 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by stinger12 (Post 1578970000)
That'd be cool, but like you said, I'm too busy with my job and the vette as it is!

Don't worry Jeremy, I was talking to you readers.

C3 4ME 10-16-2011 08:12 AM

Congrats on the new job. Sounds like you're having a blast and learning even more along the way!

stinger12 10-17-2011 12:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The rear bumper is ready for primer (I just have to fit the tail lights and she's good). So as I move from the back of the car to the front, every project will be ready for primer - no jumping around anymore. The next item I had to tackle was the rear flare.

Here is what it looks like at the moment...

Attachment 48150258

I am shaping it to be more flat, and less angled. You'll see it transform into a nice arch over the next couple of weeks. This shape was left after I cut the wheel opening round.

Attachment 48150259

stinger12 10-17-2011 01:04 AM

Oh yeah, and one more thing.

I have to figure out how I'm going to get my parts and my engine from Mike's place (in Garland, Texas). When I shipped the used body I used a carrier which is no longer in business.

If any of you have any personal leads on shipping carriers, let me know.

snozberry 10-17-2011 12:39 PM

Hey Jeremy, the cars coming along nicely and congratulations on the new job! Now that you're starting to finish panels, are you going to seal them? I'm getting close to finishing some panels on mine and I was contemplating on shooting them with an epoxy primer to seal them before I move on to the next section. I was wondering what approach/thought process you had on that? Thanks again for this thread, it has been a great help to me with my restoration as well as many others. Can't wait for the book!
Mark

stealthrunner 10-17-2011 10:02 PM

If you need stuff shipped head on over to the Cummins forum, they have a section in trailers and towing, I hooked up with a guy who brought my vette from Texas to ND for $400.00 because I was a back fill. He was headed this way and loaded her up when he had the time. It was 2 weeks in transit and saw alittle of the country but she made it safe and sound... just my $.02...good luck, the project looks great!!!