CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Making a phone call through Onstar? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/1874494-making-a-phone-call-through-onstar.html)

Corvette Junkie 11-27-2007 08:07 PM

Making a phone call through Onstar?

Is there a way to call a number that was a extension through Onstar when you have NAV. Their instructions say that you press the OnStar button and they come on and say OnStar ready. You say dial and they tell you to speak the whole number. They repeat it back and ask you to say yes or no. Then the number is dialed. This is the problematic part. You're supposed to press the mute button and then speak the number for the extension. But the NAV has no mute button. So what do you do?

maxp 11-27-2007 08:17 PM

I also can't use it to check my work vw for that same reason, no keypad to enter ext and password

calemasters 11-27-2007 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Corvette Junkie (Post 1562930163)
Is there a way to call a number that was a extension through Onstar when you have NAV. Their instructions say that you press the OnStar button and they come on and say OnStar ready. You say dial and they tell you to speak the whole number. They repeat it back and ask you to say yes or no. Then the number is dialed. This is the problematic part. You're supposed to press the mute button and then speak the number for the extension. But the NAV has no mute button. So what do you do?

It is not possible with the 05 - 08 Corvette, even if you have upgraded your 2005 to the Gen 6 Digital OnStar.

On other vehicles that have the OnStar "Talk Button" button, http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...TalkButton.jpg ON THE STEERING WHEEL, it is possible.

nmerhaut 11-27-2007 09:26 PM

My CTS-V salesman told me how last year and darn if I remember--I thing it involved buttons on the radio. I'll call him tomorrow and post.

Ken07AOVert 11-27-2007 09:44 PM

buttons

I also 'think' I read somewhere that there are buttons on the nav that allow you to dial. I just do not know how to access them. It may have been some crackpot that said woohoo look what I did, then could not back it up and lockdown occured. But, it would be cool if we can figure it out. Voice dialing sucks.

rws.1 11-27-2007 11:57 PM

:bigears

SkeeterC6 11-28-2007 12:03 AM

Call OnStar

Couldn't you just call OnStar (hit the blue button) and
ask them. Just a thought. :flag:

BlakShark 11-28-2007 01:28 AM

Good Point haven't ran into it but would like to know :)

9C1 11-28-2007 01:33 AM

:bigears

keyplyr 11-28-2007 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by SkeeterC6 (Post 1562933546)

:lol:

Jet Stream 11-28-2007 01:54 AM

I do know they used to make pocket phone tone generators. You could hold to the mic and send a tone to your answerer that way. I might even have one laying around here.

OK I found some on e-bay. This unit will allow you to tone your answerer through the onstar microphone.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Automatic-Teleph...QQcmdZViewItem

Corvette Junkie 11-28-2007 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by SkeeterC6 (Post 1562933546)

Had already tried that. Their suggestion was to go to the dealer and have a mute button installed.

stanleyp 11-28-2007 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Corvette Junkie (Post 1562935003)
Had already tried that. Their suggestion was to go to the dealer and have a mute button installed.

Just as I figured.
Ask them a question that's not in their database and those minimum wage "advisors" are as clueless as a Circuit City "associate".

vetehead 11-28-2007 01:49 PM

Hey Tom when you figure it out please let me know.I too have an 08 with NAv and haven't yet been able to figure it out either.PS onstar is no help they tell you about buttons we dont even have,apparently there is many different versions of the onstar phone.

Ron

nmerhaut 11-28-2007 03:03 PM

My CTS-V salesman called back today and his explanation,that I had forgotten,on how to connect to an extension is as follows: hit phone button, say "dial", speak the number of the phone you want to reach and when it connects to a menu, hit phone button again and say "dial" again, then speak the extension number. I haven't tried this in the Caddy nor my 08 Vette but give it a shot--failing this CALL ONSTAR.

Corvette Junkie 11-28-2007 03:37 PM

nmerhaut the second time you press the phone button just ends the call. Like said I already called Onstar.

talon90 11-28-2007 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by calemasters (Post 1562931552)
It is not possible with the 05 - 06 Corvette, even if you have upgraded your 2005 to the Gen 6 Digital OnStar.

On other vehicles that have the OnStar "Talk Button" button, http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...TalkButton.jpg it is possible.

The Nav menu indicates that button as the talk symbol and says the following:

Press this talk symbol hard key and release it when you hear a beep. The audio system, if on,
will mute.

Corvette Junkie, you might try pressing the Nav voice command button and see what happens.

Corvette Junkie 11-28-2007 04:15 PM

NAV voice command button is still no go.

talon90 11-28-2007 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Corvette Junkie (Post 1562941834)
NAV voice command button is still no go.

Bummer, sorry.

calemasters 11-28-2007 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by nmerhaut (Post 1562940827)
My CTS-V salesman called back today and his explanation,that I had forgotten,on how to connect to an extension is as follows: hit phone button, say "dial", speak the number of the phone you want to reach and when it connects to a menu, hit phone button again and say "dial" again, then speak the extension number. I haven't tried this in the Caddy nor my 08 Vette but give it a shot--failing this CALL ONSTAR.

Not the "phone button" , it is the "Tallk Button" http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...TalkButton.jpg which the Corvette does not have. And no, it can not be installed by the dealer.