CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southeast (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southeast-42/)
-   -   Paint in Hampton Roads (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southeast/2038606-paint-in-hampton-roads.html)

RedLS1GTO 05-29-2008 10:19 PM

Paint in Hampton Roads

Well... all of you in the area remember the wonderful hailstorm we had a little while ago. My Z got caught in a parking lot for the duration and has some damage as a result. Tiny little paint chips (down to the white) are all over the roof and hood. Somehow I don't see any on the trunk, don't quite know why. Has anybody had any really good experiences with body shops around here?? I'm trying to decide on a touch-up or a complete repaint. It seems from a few threads in other forums that prices are all over the map for a re-paint. Any idea what can be expected here? I have dealt with 3 different body shops in the area with my GTO and not one of them did a job that I was happy with. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Lowcash 05-30-2008 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by redls1gto (Post 1565673965)
Well... all of you in the area remember the wonderful hailstorm we had a little while ago. My Z got caught in a parking lot for the duration and has some damage as a result. Tiny little paint chips (down to the white) are all over the roof and hood. Somehow I don't see any on the trunk, don't quite know why. Has anybody had any really good experiences with body shops around here?? I'm trying to decide on a touch-up or a complete repaint. It seems from a few threads in other forums that prices are all over the map for a re-paint. Any idea what can be expected here? I have dealt with 3 different body shops in the area with my GTO and not one of them did a job that I was happy with. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

PM Gary (GBVette) or Casey (CS Vette). They have both used Nansemound River Auto Body (I think that is the name).

:thumbs:

obxfunn 05-30-2008 07:21 PM

Yes, that is the name and I heard from Casey they do a great job. You can also email Cobra4B, Brian. He left me a message the other day about a shop that just repainted his car after one screwed it up. He soad he was really happy with the job they did on his yellow Vette.

RedLS1GTO 05-30-2008 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by obxfunn (Post 1565686726)
Yes, that is the name and I heard from Casey they do a great job. You can also email Cobra4B, Brian. He left me a message the other day about a shop that just repainted his car after one screwed it up. He soad he was really happy with the job they did on his yellow Vette.

Thanks guys! OBXFUNN, you really need to change your avatar. I see it and I want one! Since the hood is going to be repainted anyway... :leaving:

obxfunn 05-30-2008 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by redls1gto (Post 1565687430)
Thanks guys! OBXFUNN, you really need to change your avatar. I see it and I want one! Since the hood is going to be repainted anyway... :leaving:

Yep now would be the time to get one. I love it!!

CS Vette 05-31-2008 02:52 PM

Yep, Barry Moore at Nansemond Auto Body. PM sent.

Lowcash 05-31-2008 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by CS Vette (Post 1565695531)
Yep, Barry Moore at Nansemond Auto Body. PM sent.

:thumbs: