CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Northeast (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/northeast-40/)
-   -   Looking at picking up a used sts twin turbo kit, where to get it tuned? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/northeast/2209274-looking-at-picking-up-a-used-sts-twin-turbo-kit-where-to-get-it-tuned.html)

heavyt 12-20-2008 01:32 AM

Looking at picking up a used sts twin turbo kit, where to get it tuned?

Guy is selling his sts turbo kit, where is the best place around here to get it tuned at? I'm willing to cart the car 2 hours at the most. I've never had a turbo setup that needed tuned so i dunno if I could drive it or would need to load it on a skid from uhaul.

undertaker 12-20-2008 09:35 AM

give ecs a call, they can probably get you a baseline tune thats driveable and finish it off at the shop and on the dyno properly. :thumbs:

Frans96ss 12-20-2008 11:18 AM

Feel free to give me a call ide be more than happy to tune it for you.

Foo King Zo6 12-20-2008 11:41 AM

I would definitely try E.C.S. :thumbs:

nj02vette 12-20-2008 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by heavyt (Post 1568264890)
Guy is selling his sts turbo kit, where is the best place around here to get it tuned at? I'm willing to cart the car 2 hours at the most. I've never had a turbo setup that needed tuned so i dunno if I could drive it or would need to load it on a skid from uhaul.

The STS turbo kit, direct from the factory, comes with a predator programmer with thier special turbo tune loaded on. I'd make sure the seller includes this, and if he doesn't, I'd have to wonder what other parts he's going to leave out as well.:nono:

Another option would be to find someone with a tuning package that could download the sellers turbo tune and then install onto yours.

As mentioned, I can say that both ECS and RPM do great work. Other options would be Vette Doctors and Cartek. Personally, I know that Doug at ECS does awesome tuning and is considered one of the best in the business, and I've heard good things about the guy that Fran uses for tuning as well, but no first hand experience. I bought HPTuners myself and try and do most of my tuning now.

heavyt 12-20-2008 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by nj02vette (Post 1568267473)
The STS turbo kit, direct from the factory, comes with a predator programmer with thier special turbo tune loaded on. I'd make sure the seller includes this, and if he doesn't, I'd have to wonder what other parts he's going to leave out as well.:nono:

Another option would be to find someone with a tuning package that could download the sellers turbo tune and then install onto yours.

As mentioned, I can say that both ECS and RPM do great work. Other options would be Vette Doctors and Cartek. Personally, I know that Doug at ECS does awesome tuning and is considered one of the best in the business, and I've heard good things about the guy that Fran uses for tuning as well, but no first hand experience. I bought HPTuners myself and try and do most of my tuning now.

thanks i'll ask him if the predator programmer is included.

Wicked Weasel 12-20-2008 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by undertaker (Post 1568266437)
give ecs a call, they can probably get you a baseline tune thats driveable and finish it off at the shop and on the dyno properly. :thumbs:

Originally Posted by Foo King Zo6 (Post 1568267463)
I would definitely try E.C.S. :thumbs:

Originally Posted by nj02vette (Post 1568267473)
Personally, I know that Doug at ECS does awesome tuning and is considered one of the best in the business

thanks guys - give us a call on Monday 609-752-0321 and we can help you out.

We are getting ready to sell another Turbo kit in the next few days so we are use to tuning them.

Bob@ECS

:thumbs:

LS1LT1 12-20-2008 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by heavyt (Post 1568264890)

Cartek Racing (www.cartek.net - 908-317-4496) in NJ has successfully tuned, designed and installed numerous turbocharger and supercharger set ups in late model Corvettes, should be just about two hours from you as well. :yesnod:

dennis50nj 12-20-2008 05:33 PM

I'm pretty sure sts turbos themselves accredits cartek as the reason why 6 of the top ten gtos in the country are there because of carteks knowledge and tuning of the sts turbo you can google that info:thumbs:

Max@Cartek 12-20-2008 05:51 PM

Give us a call, we have a great handle on tuning for forced induction, especially for the LS series of engines.

Not only do we fabricate our own systems, but we are one of the pioneers for rear mount turbo designs. STS's fastest street cars have originated from our shop.

Here is a video of a customers' car with a rear mount turbo system, as a matter of fact it's on STS's website as well:

http://www.cartek.net/videos/stealth887.wmv

Not that it is identical to the system you are getting, because it's not, but it goes to show our profound understanding of the requirements for this type of system design. we have done countless STS installs, rest assured that the system will be installed or tuned correctly.

if you have any questions don't hesitate to call us.

Thanks,
Maxwell Hormilla

greekc6 12-26-2008 12:38 PM

ecs all the way. Im 100% satisfied with them and wouldnt go another way

heavyt 12-26-2008 09:03 PM

I'm looking for a really good deal on a turbo setup, like so good I can't pass it up. Right now I'm looking for install tune and gauges install and if I need injectors and pump so be it as well but I'm looking for a total package price.

slowtealz28 12-26-2008 09:18 PM

The guy Fran uses to tune has done probably half of the f-bodies in NJ (no lie). He has also done a ton of FI C5's and C6's. Can't go wrong with any of the other major tuners as well.

heavyt 12-26-2008 09:29 PM

yeah true. I'm just trying to get the best deal I can on a turbo setup but I'm looking at getting everything done at once since its winter.

Ralphyboy 12-27-2008 12:09 PM

I just watched a show on Speedvision this morning ( Gearz), where they put one in in less than a half hour.How come it takes everyone else here so much longer to do? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
They didn't even have to get the car tuned when it was done. Just slap on those turbos, hook up the tubes, intercooler, and he was smoking those tires in less than half an hour. THAT GUY IS GOOD!!!:rofl: