CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Tech (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech-1/)
-   -   HVAC Dual Zone Climate Control (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/2308967-hvac-dual-zone-climate-control.html)

Camaroguy22 04-21-2009 06:31 PM

HVAC Dual Zone Climate Control

The passenger temp control knob on my HVAC controls does not work. No matter if I turn that nob to warm or cool the passenger vents still produce the same temp air as the drivers side.

Has anybody else had this problem? How do I go about fixing it?

Millenium Z06 04-21-2009 07:18 PM

Mine just came out of the shop for this a couple hours ago, same exact problem. I tried all the tips and fixes I found by searching here and none worked. They replaced both left and right actuators.

D1811 Actuator and or Motor electric temperature door right replace
22 WPC
2 89018365 Actuator
FC: 6F
Part# 89018365
Count: 2

Camaroguy22 04-21-2009 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06 (Post 1569797253)
Mine just came out of the shop for this a couple hours ago, same exact problem. I tried all the tips and fixes I found by searching here and none worked. They replaced both left and right actuators.

How much did that run you?

Millenium Z06 04-21-2009 09:53 PM

Warranty, I bought a GM Major guard warranty about 2 years ago.
GM parts direct has it, 2 required. Took them about 3 hours, I believe the dash or at least the pad has to come out but I have read that you can get it out by removing the gauge cluster.

GM PART # 89018365
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $263.57
OUR PRICE: $137.05

I've seen allot of people put down others for buying the warranty or bad mouth the warranty itself, I'm glad I got mine, I spent $800 on it and guarantee that I have already got that back out. This car has some expensive parts.

Camaroguy22 04-22-2009 02:09 AM

Thank you!

I hope its not the acuators. After researching this even more I am not throwing any HVAC codes which it seems alot of the folks with actuator problems are. I am going to check my DIC codes and keep searching.

It does sound like that warranty was a real good idea, especially with the way vette tax is.

RAL04VETTE 04-22-2009 07:17 AM

In case you didn't know or haven't checked - If the driver's side control is maxed out either hot or cold the passenger side will not make any difference.

JC in XTC5 04-22-2009 09:58 AM

Here's my 2 cents. ;)

The main air mix doors in the dash that control the mix of hot and cold air upstream from the blower determines the temperature of the air coming from the vents. The plumbing is split between the drivers side and passerger side, but both doors will move in unison as the main temp knob is adjusted. The passenger knob will bias that side of the plumbing by moving the passenger mix door to allow slightly warmer or cooler air depending on which way you turn it.

So if you turn the main temp knob and both driver and passenger side air is changing accordingly, then the problem is not in the door actuators since they're both moving as they should. If the passenger bias is not making any difference to the passenger side, then it would seem that the control unit is not sending the signal to the passenger side actuator to bias it. Maybe the difference is too subtle.

Good luck.

Millenium Z06 04-22-2009 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Camaroguy22 (Post 1569802439)
Thank you!

I hope its not the acuators. After researching this even more I am not throwing any HVAC codes which it seems alot of the folks with actuator problems are. I am going to check my DIC codes and keep searching.

It does sound like that warranty was a real good idea, especially with the way vette tax is.

I had allot of codes, B0446, B0363, B0367, B0441. Apparently feedback error and over-travel codes for both sides.
The Dual Zone on my 03 Dodge Ram works much better than this cars does.