CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Cancel onstar will phone still work???? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2450190-cancel-onstar-will-phone-still-work.html)

HANNY 10-18-2009 07:52 PM

Cancel onstar will phone still work????

Does anyone know if i cancel onstar in my 09 will the phone still work thru the onstar module??????? they just offered me 12 dollars a month but just dont use the onstart for anything. no way to get locked out because even if i left the key in it it wont be locked out. The diagnostic thing is a waste for me have a nav thingy and might use the wreck part (hope not to) any thots? I just called them and they offered me 12 bucks a month. thxs pAuL

LucaBrasiAZ 10-18-2009 07:57 PM

i tried it with my Hummer with no success, although i have heard with the correct aftermarket radio with bluetooth you can use the existing onstar mic although i have yet to see it happen.

mcandrew67 10-18-2009 08:02 PM

Nope won't work, they go hand in hand.

dvilin 10-18-2009 09:31 PM

Nope, I wish it would or you could just pay a fee for minutes as that was the only feature I used.

PaulB 10-18-2009 09:32 PM

My 09 JSB Coupe was 1 yr old in September. I did not buy any more minutes on the phone so the phone wont work. I am paying month to month on the OnStar until I put it away for the winter. But even tho I still have OnStar I dont have a working phone. When I take the car out of storage next spring I am almost sure I will not bring back OnStar. I hope this helps you...

HANNY 10-18-2009 09:54 PM

not the "onstar" phone but my personal celly will or wont work?

buffguy 10-18-2009 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by HANNY (Post 1571864307)
not the "onstar" phone but my personal celly will or wont work?

im pretty sure your regular cell phone and bluetooth will still work without onstar.

HANNY 10-18-2009 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by buffguy (Post 1571864433)
im pretty sure your regular cell phone and bluetooth will still work without onstar.

thxs, thats what i am wondering about.....

candlemuse 10-18-2009 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by buffguy (Post 1571864433)

:iagree:

Wayne O 10-18-2009 11:35 PM

I realize 'money is money' but IMO, if you value and use the more powerful, hands-free OnStar phone...for the pennies a day it cost I'd renew.

AFVETTE 10-19-2009 07:08 AM

If your 09 is a 2LT or 3LT BT is standard and your cell phone will work without OnStar.

However if your car is a 1LT (no BT) then the only way to use the built in HFC is to have an active OnStar account and buy some HFC minutes.

My wifes 2009 SRX doesn't have BT so I'm having to keep my OnStar account active to allow her to have a HFC phone system.

So the key is which trim package do you have?

Tom

Cypher 10-19-2009 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by AFVETTE (Post 1571866374)
My wifes 2009 SRX doesn't have BT so I'm having to keep my OnStar account active to allow her to have a HFC phone system.

Are you serious…the ’09 SRX doesn’t have BT? I thought BT was pretty much ‘standard’ on GM upscale models for ’09. Even my wife’s ’09 Envoy Denali has BT and GM de-contented that truck compared to her ’05…sometimes the things that GM does just leave you with a WTF?

Perfect example…on the ’09 Envoy Denali, the geniuses at GM decided that the side view mirrors no longer need to be included in the driver’s seat memory package. Now what good is the seat position memory without adjusting the side view mirrors when the driver’s seat relocates? :toetap:

AFVETTE 10-19-2009 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Cypher (Post 1571866600)
Are you serious…the ’09 SRX doesn’t have BT? I thought BT was pretty much ‘standard’ on GM upscale models for ’09. Even my wife’s ’09 Envoy Denali has BT and GM de-contented that truck compared to her ’05…sometimes the things that GM does just leave you with a WTF?

Perfect example…on the ’09 Envoy Denali, the geniuses at GM decided that the side view mirrors no longer need to be included in the driver’s seat memory package. Now what good is the seat position memory without adjusting the side view mirrors when the driver’s seat relocates? :toetap:

No kidding, and this is the top of the line SRX with the Preimum Luxury Collection package.

GM continues to baffle long time supporters/buyers.

Tom

HANNY 10-19-2009 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by candlemuse (Post 1571865032)
:iagree:

thxs

Originally Posted by Wayne O (Post 1571865218)
I realize 'money is money' but IMO, if you value and use the more powerful, hands-free OnStar phone...for the pennies a day it cost I'd renew.

i may look into that

Originally Posted by AFVETTE (Post 1571866374)
If your 09 is a 2LT or 3LT BT is standard and your cell phone will work without OnStar.

However if your car is a 1LT (no BT) then the only way to use the built in HFC is to have an active OnStar account and buy some HFC minutes.

So the key is which trim package do you have?

Tom

wierd aint it

Originally Posted by Cypher (Post 1571866600)

dont make sense does it

Originally Posted by AFVETTE (Post 1571867767)
No kidding, and this is the top of the line SRX with the Preimum Luxury Collection package.

GM continues to baffle long time supporters/buyers.

Tom

me to

AFVETTE 10-19-2009 01:37 PM

HANNY, I see your 2009 is a 2LT. You have stand alone BT capability, you don't need OnStar for HFC. Just pair your phone and press on.

I sure wish our 09 SRX and my 07 Z06 had BT.

Tom