CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance-48/)
-   -   Cruise Control Indicator Light (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/2653171-cruise-control-indicator-light.html)

jakers 08-05-2010 01:46 PM

Cruise Control Indicator Light

I recently replaced the vacuum hose that leads from under the dash through the firewall and on to the CC solenoid. Up unitl last night, I have not had a chance to test the fix. I took the car out for a little sunset cruise with the wife. After some nice country roads we came to a stretch of 4 lane road. Just for kicks and not expecting any results, I pushed the button to set my cruise. HOLY SMOKE, the dang CC engaged! I now have cruise control!!! I was so tickled that I laughed out loud...

Need to solve one problem, I do not have the Cruise Control Indicator light illuminating in the instrument display when the cruise is engaged. Bulb out perhaps. Has anyone else had this issue? Beyond the light bulb in the dash what else should I check? Anyone have/had a similar issue?

onedef92 08-06-2010 12:12 PM

What year Vette? I have a '92 and wasn't aware there was a CC light on the dash.

engle1147 08-06-2010 12:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by onedef92 (Post 1574928166)
What year Vette? I have a '92 and wasn't aware there was a CC light on the dash.

OP's profile indicates a '94.
No CC indicator.

Attachment 48154641

Glad to hear you've got your cruise control back in order.
:cheers:

aminnich 08-06-2010 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by jakers (Post 1574918437)
I recently replaced the vacuum hose that leads from under the dash through the firewall and on to the CC solenoid. Up unitl last night, I have not had a chance to test the fix. I took the car out for a little sunset cruise with the wife. After some nice country roads we came to a stretch of 4 lane road. Just for kicks and not expecting any results, I pushed the button to set my cruise. HOLY SMOKE, the dang CC engaged! I now have cruise control!!! I was so tickled that I laughed out loud...

Need to solve one problem, I do not have the Cruise Control Indicator light illuminating in the instrument display when the cruise is engaged. Bulb out perhaps. Has anyone else had this issue? Beyond the light bulb in the dash what else should I check? Anyone have/had a similar issue?

Cool, one more thing to check off the to do list. There is no cruise indicator light on my 95, doubt there should be one on yours either.

RollaMo-LT4 08-06-2010 09:28 PM

I don't think any C4 has a cruise indicator light.
I can verify no indicator light on the '96.

jakers 08-07-2010 10:56 PM

duh!

Originally Posted by aminnich (Post 1574928991)
Cool, one more thing to check off the to do list. There is no cruise indicator light on my 95, doubt there should be one on yours either.

Thanks Folks!

:iagree:

:lol: & a BIG DUH! I have had GM trucks for years and made the assumption, before I checking the FSM or the owner's manual, that there would be one on the Vette. The good news is that now I don't have to worry about pulling the dash out to fix it! One less thing to do!!!!

HlhnEast 08-08-2010 09:40 PM

I wondered about this with my '85 as nothing lights up when engaged. Figured there would be something.

Pwnage1337 08-08-2010 10:51 PM

Kinda surprising that there isn't a CC light. I suppose they were probably more worried about the important things when they designed the cluster

Sinistrad 08-09-2010 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Pwnage1337 (Post 1574950615)
Kinda surprising that there isn't a CC light. I suppose they were probably more worried about the important things when they designed the cluster

Maybe they figured most people don't need a light to remind them that they've pressed a button and their foot's off the pedal.

What concerned me more than the missing light on my '92 auto, was that there's no cancel when I flick the transmission to neutral.

Black92FX36spd 08-09-2010 09:16 AM

Well my CC doesn't work either and I couldn't get my "light" to come on either. Thanks that is one less problem to solve, now to replace the Vac hose to see if that fixes it. ":cross fingers:"

JAKE 08-09-2010 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sinistrad (Post 1574952683)
Maybe they figured most people don't need a light to remind them that they've pressed a button and their foot's off the pedal.

What concerned me more than the missing light on my '92 auto, was that there's no cancel when I flick the transmission to neutral.

Apparently it wasn't designed for the trans in neutral to do that. Yet once the engine hits redline with the trans in neutral I'll bet the cruise will shut down.

Jake