CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] C6 Z for drift (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/2723092-c6-z-for-drift.html)

diehard225 11-16-2010 04:47 AM

C6 Z for drift

Hi at all!
I start to drift from 2 years ago…
I took classes and I went almost regularly to drift.
Usually I use a m3 e46 specifically modified for drifting, the last time I went I took a special class with Kuma Tanaka,that if I don’t remember bad was the world champion in drifting.
We were speaking about cars and asked me about my C6 Z, he told me that for him is a good car for drift and he already saw some corvette C6 to drift.
I know that corvette is not the best car for drift,but is my car and I love her and want to use even for this…obviously changing the stock tires with cheap est one ;-)

Now I’ve modified my car with:
-rollbar from pfadt
-pfadt coilovers and swaybars
-recaro seats with 6 points belts
-special bushings from pfadt
-callaway ****er
-vararam and ecu

Now start my problem.
Actually me and the guy that done all the works on my car, we were wandering on how to be able to keep the car streetable and modify the handbrake in a way that should be used for drifting.
Any of you did a modification at the handbrake?

Thanks;-)

EdsC6Z06 11-16-2010 06:40 AM

:troll

PRE-Z06 11-16-2010 06:57 AM

I think that stock clutch has got to go, if you're gonna be popping it at high rpms with some heat in it...a lighter aftermarket one would help you break the tires loose too

EmilT 11-16-2010 07:39 AM

Please tell us what wheel/ tire sizes are used to make the Z06 drift.

GMuffley 11-16-2010 07:59 AM

Ugh!

Wah 11-16-2010 09:49 AM

I think the hand brake is too weak but I may be wrong. I would just probably install hydraulic hand brake. Also, make sure that TC/AH is turned off, in addition to ABS if you are using hand brake. The AH electronics don't like being drifted (the same case with C5) and it will give you an error message; it will stay off regardless of the message.

Beside that, make sure that your front tires are not too grippy or too wide (there isn't much room under the front fenders). If you are going to use C6 wheels in the back, make sure you got adapters, 1.25" is absolute minimum. You can also use C5 Z06 wheels w/o adapters. Regular C5/C6 wheels will require adapters to clear calipers, plus adapters make them look a bit better under such large fenders ;)

Post videos when you got them :)

4GS7 11-16-2010 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by EmilT (Post 1575940951)
Please tell us what wheel/ tire sizes are used to make the Z06 drift.

Stock. You can drift on the stock 325s. It's just going to get expensive.

Originally Posted by Wah (Post 1575941892)
I think the hand brake is too weak but I may be wrong. I would just probably install hydraulic hand brake. Also, make sure that TC/AH is turned off, in addition to ABS if you are using hand brake. The AH electronics don't like being drifted (the same case with C5) and it will give you an error message; it will stay off regardless of the message.

Beside that, make sure that your front tires are not too grippy or too wide (there isn't much room under the front fenders). If you are going to use C6 wheels in the back, make sure you got adapters, 1.25" is absolute minimum. You can also use C5 Z06 wheels w/o adapters. Regular C5/C6 wheels will require adapters to clear calipers, plus adapters make them look a bit better under such large fenders ;)

Post videos when you got them :)

Why the hell would you go with narrower wheels? If you notice, pro drifters actually like faster cars with more traction because it allows them to enter corners faster, which leads to long, lurid drifts ass out action that everyone loves.

Honestly, a stock Z06 can be drifted with no problem.

Skip to 2:00 in the second video.

If you find yourself in need of hand brake help, you're going to have to install a second brake on your own.

Les 11-16-2010 11:02 AM

If I don't think bad I thinking is silly idea but wishing good luck with wandering.

Mr. Gizmo 11-16-2010 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72 (Post 1575942604)
Stock. You can drift on the stock 325s. It's just going to get expensive.

Why the hell would you go with narrower wheels? If you notice, pro drifters actually like faster cars with more traction because it allows them to enter corners faster, which leads to long, lurid drifts ass out action that everyone loves.

Honestly, a stock Z06 can be drifted with no problem.

If you find yourself in need of hand brake help, you're going to have to install a second brake on your own.

drifting like that 4 or 5 times would waste a set of run flats.