CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous-86/)
-   -   Lets talk about BOV's....Tial Q/50 and Big Red??? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous/2841863-lets-talk-about-bovs-tial-q-50-and-big-red.html)

JMBLOWNWS6 10-15-2011 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by 95vettski (Post 1578968300)
Do you have a better shot from the driver's side? I'm guessing your speed density, no maf.

S/D no maf. I have another pic somewhere but not online.

01z0666 10-15-2011 07:03 PM

I have a ttix car with hks ssq bov's...they sound pretty cool.got a few funny reactions too when I taped "duck calls" to them hahaha

MotleyDrew 10-15-2011 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg (Post 1578967024)
I have a Tial Q with a 6lb spring and A4, and it does not seem that loud, is the 3lb spring louder?

3lb will be open all the time. I had this setup and it literally just "wooshes" continously and got annoying real quick. I decided to look at what the racers were using and the Vortech Mondo seemed to be the popular choice and has worked great so far without the noise.

breecher_7 10-15-2011 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by MotleyDrew (Post 1578969848)
3lb will be open all the time. I had this setup and it literally just "wooshes" continously and got annoying real quick. I decided to look at what the racers were using and the Vortech Mondo seemed to be the popular choice and has worked great so far without the noise.

It is louder but it keeps IAT's lower by a few degrees. If noise doesnt bother you, this is the way to go.

Chokeu 03-14-2016 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS (Post 1577695625)
The noise level of the Tial is completely spring pressure related. You can have a Tial that is hard to hear at all, or obnoxiously loud.

I know this is a super old thread but what #spring comes with the Tial Q BOV in your Blacked out 1500 kit? Could I change it to a "louder" spring? How do you go about getting a spring and is the install easy? Thanks Doug.

Smoove 03-14-2016 11:07 AM

Springs are either lighter, or heavier, not louder. A softer spring will allow it to pop off sooner, possibly collapsing sooner than desired, bleeding off the pressurized air going into motor. Stiffer spring will obviously require more pressure to open, or possibly not at all.

MrH00nel2 03-22-2016 09:13 PM

Big red is the loudest I ever owned, then again I'm running an f1x. Worth the money though

Dammit I just helped bump an old thread

idontknow 03-29-2016 09:35 PM

i went with one tial 50 with the supercharger spring and it was placed above the crank where the piping is. this was really really loud for me. now my friend who has an A&A kit put a tial 50 where the stock bypass valve is on the kit and it is twice as loud as mine, sounds like a jet engine.

i went to 3 bar map and decided to add another tial 50. this was the best decision i could have ever made. The location of it is on my charge pipe before the throttle body. the only time i hear it is when i am blowing off some serious boost. i will be up in indy for SCT in may if you would like to hear the car better.