CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   FIRST pics of new 4LT interior IN the car! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2843627-first-pics-of-new-4lt-interior-in-the-car.html)

jschindler 05-31-2011 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by JCTaylor21 (Post 1577760746)
That $2,800 is probably the upgrade cost, not the net cost of the seats. Man, those are lovely. I wish they had an aftermarket version we could put in our C6s.

Just to confirm, you are correct. The $2800 is the upgrade in a Premium sedan that already has ventilated seats included in the Premium package. On the CTS-V the Recaros are $3500 which includes ventilated seats that are not available on the base V seats.

TOBASCO 06-01-2011 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim (Post 1577760002)
In the video from Sebring, the new headrests are discussed. They say that the hardness and angle are required by a new federal regulation that requires your neck to not tilt back more than a certain amount (7 degrees?) when rear-ended.

Without active headrests, probably most cars will end up with something similar.

Hmmmm....well, then that would explain it then. Just what we need, more government regulation...:toetap: Well, hopefully it saves a few necks and lives.:thumbs:

Presidentialpawn 06-02-2011 10:04 AM

Can the Cadillac seats be adopted for c6? I'd assume the wires for the airbags would be the same. Are the seats too wide?

JCtx 07-16-2011 02:31 AM

Going to revive this thread to get an answer on this: Aren't the 'suede' inserts supposed to be only on CE cars??? At least that's the only part they're showing on that yellow Vette, since it's a bad idea in wear areas, like the steering wheel and gear knob. All package descriptions I've read didn't say anything about 'suede' seat inserts in the regular 4LT package (no CE). And yes, I initially wanted the contrast stitching, but it's too busy indeed. Plus the white 'corvette' and headrest embroidery looks cheesy IMO.

N2TU 07-16-2011 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by GS-Zero (Post 1577722286)
Those seats look fantastic. But... The side bolstering looks as though it might actually be the same as it always has been.

Nice...but :iagree:, the side bolsters look the same.

TOBASCO 07-16-2011 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by ELP_JC (Post 1578146310)
Going to revive this thread to get an answer on this: Aren't the 'suede' inserts supposed to be only on CE cars??? At least that's the only part they're showing on that yellow Vette, since it's a bad idea in wear areas, like the steering wheel and gear knob. All package descriptions I've read didn't say anything about 'suede' seat inserts in the regular 4LT package (no CE). And yes, I initially wanted the contrast stitching, but it's too busy indeed. Plus the white 'corvette' and headrest embroidery looks cheesy IMO.

Since I was there when he was introducing the new interior, I don't have a specific answer for you. What I do remember is that he said this was the new 4LT interior - I don't remember him mentioning that the suede would only be available on the Centennial Edition (CE). In fact, Tom mentioned something about the suede being better than leather from a wearing standpoint, which to me, suggests that they would do that for all 4LT packages. But that's just my guess. Maybe Corvette Conti or Ken Fitchner can chime in on what they may know.

Snake.Oiler 07-16-2011 11:06 AM

4LT - Custom Leather Wrapped Interior Package , features leather-wrapped upper instrument panel, upper door trim panels and console storage cover. Exclusive leather color and two-tone design with suede inserts includes seat headrest crossed flag embroidery and enhanced armrest padding. Special gunmetal pattern console trim plate

JCtx 07-16-2011 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Snake.Oiler (Post 1578148100)
4LT - Custom Leather Wrapped Interior Package , features leather-wrapped upper instrument panel, upper door trim panels and console storage cover. Exclusive leather color and two-tone design with suede inserts includes seat headrest crossed flag embroidery and enhanced armrest padding. Special gunmetal pattern console trim plate

Thanks man, but that seems to be an OPTION on top of 4LT, no? Regular 4LT package does not include 2-tone, and neither 'exclusive' colors. I'm confused.

Yeah, hopefully one of the dealers can chime in with details. It's obviously going to be offered due to the 'evidence' above :D, but I didn't think it'd be standard. And unfortunately, it's obvious GM is not using the premium stuff (Alcantara), but some imitation, akin of the cheap leather they use for the seats. Cared for properly, leather should last A LOT longer than microfiber cloth. And reason manufacturers are jumping to it is because they're charging the same prices as leather for freaking cloth; they're laughing all the way to the bank :smash:.

jmarch313 07-16-2011 11:42 AM

Looks nice

not08crmanymore 07-16-2011 12:13 PM

http://inlinethumb35.webshots.com/45...500x500Q85.jpg They still can't get that little corner piece to stay down though on the pillar.:D

I thought all 2012's were getting the new seats?

mpuzach 07-16-2011 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by ELP_JC (Post 1578148320)
Thanks man, but that seems to be an OPTION on top of 4LT, no? Regular 4LT package does not include 2-tone, and neither 'exclusive' colors. I'm confused.

It's a little misleading but I believe everything listed is included with 4LT. Dark Titanium is a color that's exclusive to 4LT and the Dark Titanium/Ebony 4LT interior is definitely 2-tone. The all-ebony 4LT interior is not, of course. There's also a Cashmere/Ebony 4LT interior available although Cashmere is not exclusive to 4LT. Regardless of color choice, all 4LT interiors cost the same. (Colored stitching is a stand-alone option that's available only with 4LT.)

Snake.Oiler 07-16-2011 10:37 PM

^^^^ What he said. - agreed.

JCtx 07-17-2011 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by mpuzach (Post 1578148980)
It's a little misleading but I believe everything listed is included with 4LT. Dark Titanium is a color that's exclusive to 4LT and the Dark Titanium/Ebony 4LT interior is definitely 2-tone. The all-ebony 4LT interior is not, of course. There's also a Cashmere/Ebony 4LT interior available although Cashmere is not exclusive to 4LT. Regardless of color choice, all 4LT interiors cost the same. (Colored stitching is a stand-alone option that's available only with 4LT.)

All you said was clear to me, but what's not clear is if every 4LT interior is getting the black cloth center sections on the seats. Or maybe just the GSs and not the coupes? Again, only the CE mentioned having cloth on the seats, along with steering wheel and many other parts. But that picture of the yellow Vette above proves otherwise. Guess will have to discuss that with dealer before ordering; don't want it. Thanks gang.

NRVUZ 07-17-2011 02:19 AM

Nice

Snake.Oiler 07-25-2011 08:35 AM

4LT seats come with cloth inserts

TOBASCO 07-25-2011 08:48 AM

I believe they are suede inserts.