CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance-101/)
-   -   "Check Coolant Level" (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance/2979295-check-coolant-level.html)

DSOM Z06 01-08-2012 03:18 PM

"Check Coolant Level"

Message has been appearing every time I start the car yet the reservoir is full to the correct line and coolant temps are fine. Is this a bad sensor?:cheers:

RicK T 01-08-2012 04:01 PM

There is no sensor.

No personal experience or knowledge, just passing this along: :)

Originally Posted by talon90 (Post 1578369103)
The Corvette C6 doesn't have a coolant level sensor. Coolant level is a calculation done by comparing coolant temperature to RPM to determine if the proper level of coolant is present based on what the car is doing. In the event of a level issue being reported when the correct level of coolant can be observed in the reservoir, the dealer is able to recalibrate the table in the HVAC module (which is where the calculations are done for the coolant level algorithm.)

TRBOKEV 01-09-2012 03:27 PM

I had the same problem.. Although I would notice that my coolant temps would freak out sometimes also.

There is a sensor in the drivers side head (Near the front) right behind the alternator. The wire for mine was jammed/pinched behind the alternator bracket. I freed the wire, unplugged then re plugged it back into the sensor and have had zero problems ever since.

LEAVINU 01-09-2012 03:36 PM

Just replaced my coolant sensor because the temp gauge pegged zero but no mention of low coolant level for me. The sensor referred to above ^^ is what I replaced and was $31.

DSOM Z06 04-03-2012 05:50 PM

Was told it is a bad "heater panel" causing the message. The car is not losing coolant just triggering a bad message. What exactly is a heater panel??????

CGZO6 04-03-2012 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by DSOM Z06 (Post 1580459569)
Was told it is a bad "heater panel" causing the message. The car is not losing coolant just triggering a bad message. What exactly is a heater panel??????

It's the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air-conditioning Control) panel located directly under the radio and above the ash tray. If the dual zone control head style: it has a knob on each side to adjust the desired temp and a display that show OAT and desired interior temp for each side of car, fan speed, a/c on-off, which vents air is coming from, recirc mode, etc...

Too much information?

DSOM Z06 04-03-2012 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by CGZO6 (Post 1580459964)
It's the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air-conditioning Control) panel located directly under the radio and above the ash tray. If the dual zone control head style: it has a knob on each side to adjust the desired temp and a display that show OAT and desired interior temp for each side of car, fan speed, a/c on-off, which vents air is coming from, recirc mode, etc...

Too much information?

Silly me.....Thank you! Just didn't realize that the panel itself can cause a low coolant message to appear. Live and learn.:rock:

Gering 04-03-2012 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by CGZO6 (Post 1580459964)

Too much information?

Thanks for the info. :thumbs: